Toovey's last presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We lose Sea Eagles blood and fierce loyalty to our colours. To be replaced with an untried Illawarra product. This better work Bozo. We're trusting you know what you're doing here.

We lose Sea Eagles blood and fierce loyalty to our colours. To be replaced with an untried Illawarra product. This better work Bozo. We're trusting you know what you're doing here.
Lol he doesn't

He left us with Peter Sharp last time and a one season wonder the time before,immortal mercenary

He's so far past it we should call him Inverarity

Geoff Toovey went out as he always has been at Manly.....a dignified winner.

Thank you for the past 27 years Tooves. I hope there are many more to come at the club in the years ahead.

Tooves I hope you go and sit on a beach somewhere and just chillax for a few months and reflect on your brilliant career. Clear your head of these complete and utter phk knuckles and remember one truism, we the fans absolutely adore you. We adore your passion for the club and the team and we adore the way you have handled yourself in a time of crisis. Any other coach would have seen Manly win the dreaded spoon this year, and any other coach would have been battling the Penns and ZtH in the press. Not you, your main concern was guiding our beloved team into the semis, trying to win it for the fans. You never shirked anything all season. Other coaches would have spat the dummy, refused to talk to the press and sulked. You never did, and as usual we the fans love you for it.

Whenever I'm asked as to what sums up Manly by someone my answer has always been 'Geoff Toovey'. And this year opposition fans have nodded in agreement and said 'yeh that's fair enough'.

I thought it was great he took Jake to the press conference. Kid could be a future captain.

I would love Tooves to do a book ..except I think he may leave all the interesting parts unsaid ... just because he is a class person. I doubt whether he will sit on a beach somewhere for more then 10 minutes. His daughter will make sure he has something to occupy his time otherwise he will have more say in hers!
We can now talk about next year. I hope but not hopeful.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a tell all book come out in exactly 12 months from now.... as soon as his contract expires

Love this photo.

Attachments

• tooves.jpg
    tooves.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 51
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4