Toovey, your player's have quit on you - and each other

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think it's quite disgusting that fans have quit on this team and this club, these players and our coach. Some fans seem to have the mentality that if it doesn't work at first, chuck it out and start over. That's not a winning mentality, it's a loser mentality.

Does anyone else think that even Hasler wouldn't be immune to the player unrest that is going on ATM if he had stayed on?

I wouldn't put it past him to have tried to move on one of older stars around the same time we moved on Gift (particularly Choc, Gift or Matai). He did so with Menzies and Orford. It's just that with Choc, Foran, Gift, Matai and Snake being so tight-knit, trying to move on any one of them would have backfired on any coach.

That's a really good point. This was going to happen sooner or later, and as much as I think we should have kept Gifty, the problem would only pop up again in 2 years time. We can hardly let the 5-6 players in the senior group tell us when they've had enough, because they'd end up playing on for another 3-4 years, hold back the youth coming through, and chew up massive portions of the cap.

Fans have the right to quit on a team that has decided to not turn up.

Not rocket science tbh. Doesn't mean they wont cheer if they win, but maybe they will not wory so much about turning up to a game for a while.

I don't blame anyone for that given the current showings.

If the players want to "chuck a sickie" so too can the fans.

I think winning 1 from 4 including losing to parra and st merge has left many of us slightly 'round the twist.
I'm going to really enjoy our next win. Hope it comes soon.

Fans have the right to quit on a team that has decided to not turn up.

Not rocket science tbh. Doesn't mean they wont cheer if they win, but maybe they will not wory so much about turning up to a game for a while.

I don't blame anyone for that given the current showings.

If the players want to "chuck a sickie" so too can the fans.
We are as much a part of the club as the players and the administration. They play a role, and sometimes they don't keep their end of the bargain, but i'll be keeping mine!

That's a really good point. This was going to happen sooner or later, and as much as I think we should have kept Gifty, the problem would only pop up again in 2 years time. We can hardly let the 5-6 players in the senior group tell us when they've had enough, because they'd end up playing on for another 3-4 years, hold back the youth coming through, and chew up massive portions of the cap.
Agree
This playing group mentioned held 2v accountable to keep gift and it didn't happen
Whether this was 2v not trying hard enough or not having the influence is irrelevant but not to the playing group

They stuck together in their view and divided the team

Killer as club captain and Jamie B and ballin and newbies were caught in between and knew that DCE was feeling the wrath and scape goat from this group

Players have left and others have indicated they are leaving because of the same issue and now we expect them to play for each other

It won't happen while the team mentors and stalwarts refuse to let it lie down

Snake detests DCE and all in the team know it

from the same source who spoke last year that gift had gone to souffs before it was released and is close to the Stewart family

Time for the older players to move on or move over and help let our you guys in

Snake needs to step up as a leader of this great club and not let petty grievances infect the playing group. Assuming its all about money and the perception it was cherrys fault gift had to leave, well that's riddled with terrible logic. Snake got a a pay rise and contract extension when he was in his mid 20s after a grand final win in 2008 and another extension more recently. Cherry has only earnt the same right after his career progression and achievements. Us re signing snake and others had just as much impact as us re signing cherry, on losing gift. Sure it looks stupid now that he is leaving. But the club had to be in a position to try and keep him.

I hate the Stewart's not finishing their career at manly together as much as anyone. But realism kicks in as well, and despite ballsing up the negotiations with our halves. I can see why they did what they did. And so should snake.

He asked to be in the leadership group. He has earnt it. But that role is all encompassing and for the good of the club.

We aren't disturbed by what happens. We are disturbed by what we think about what happens.
Epictetus

My God. There must be a lot of disturbed thinking going on here.

I will support the club through thick and thin and even if they turn back into a bottom 8 team they'll always have my tip because I could never cheer against them. I loved toovey as a player and from the small interaction I've had with him it seems like he's a great bloke.

In saying that people drumming up his club legend status as coaching credentials is silly. Even as a captain you don't need to be a man manager. It's his skill in that department that I'm worried about. He didn't really lose a great deal from the 2011 grand final squad so people pointing to his record shouldn't really do that. I hadn't really wanted to believe all the crap but for me the telling thing was something that hasn't been spoken of much.

The club doctor works for Tooves. Yet he publicly threw him under the bus on national tv in a game where pulling DCE didn't affect it. That's not good management and I thought it was immature and not the behavior of someone I would follow. He gets too angry and worked up. Just my two cents. From what I've seen I wouldn't want to play for him. Give the Dragons their due and move on don't make a scene.

It would be refreshing to see Tooves take some ownership rather than deflecting. It didn't even seem like we had a gameplan or a contingency

Sounds to me management knew about the players gripe with Tooves since early last year.
They've backed the coach and if they sack him now after losing half the team thats incompetence of the highest order.
The players have now gone, give Tooves a chance to rebuild the list.
If theres no sign of improvement at the end of next year then let him go.
That's the least Tooves deserves and all th **** he's had to put up with since taking over.
Isn't incompetence of the highest order what the current owners and management are all about? So, sacking Tooves would just about fit with the way these clowns have handled everything else since they took over. We need Arko .... BRING BACK ARKO!

Snake needs to step up as a leader of this great club and not let petty grievances infect the playing group. Assuming its all about money and the perception it was cherrys fault gift had to leave, well that's riddled with terrible logic. Snake got a a pay rise and contract extension when he was in his mid 20s after a grand final win in 2008 and another extension more recently. Cherry has only earnt the same right after his career progression and achievements. Us re signing snake and others had just as much impact as us re signing cherry, on losing gift. Sure it looks stupid now that he is leaving. But the club had to be in a position to try and keep him.

I hate the Stewart's not finishing their career at manly together as much as anyone. But realism kicks in as well, and despite ballsing up the negotiations with our halves. I can see why they did what they did. And so should snake.

He asked to be in the leadership group. He has earnt it. But that role is all encompassing and for the good of the club.
Snake held out and held out last time before signing his contract, waiting for a better deal,

I will support the club through thick and thin and even if they turn back into a bottom 8 team they'll always have my tip because I could never cheer against them. I loved toovey as a player and from the small interaction I've had with him it seems like he's a great bloke.

In saying that people drumming up his club legend status as coaching credentials is silly. Even as a captain you don't need to be a man manager. It's his skill in that department that I'm worried about. He didn't really lose a great deal from the 2011 grand final squad so people pointing to his record shouldn't really do that. I hadn't really wanted to believe all the crap but for me the telling thing was something that hasn't been spoken of much.

The club doctor works for Tooves. Yet he publicly threw him under the bus on national tv in a game where pulling DCE didn't affect it. That's not good management and I thought it was immature and not the behavior of someone I would follow. He gets too angry and worked up. Just my two cents. From what I've seen I wouldn't want to play for him. Give the Dragons their due and move on don't make a scene.

It would be refreshing to see Tooves take some ownership rather than deflecting. It didn't even seem like we had a gameplan or a contingency
Good post and exactly right. Bellamy had every right to chuck a wobbly after their loss to us considering some of the calls but he sucked it up and said their first half cost them the game. Tooves loves to lay blame elsewhere. Plus I wonder about his technical mindset. Like the goal kicking thing is a prime example. According to DCE as of yesterday no one had been assigned the task of kicking this weekend. That is ****ing disgraceful. Especially considering it's been costing us dearly of late.

For mind there is a definitive "clearing of the decks" strategy being employed by the new owners.

Logically this will culminate in Tooves going as well - as others have expressed my only hope is that he is treated with respect and dignitiy...and the fans are as well.

My concern is that recent events have proven that this is not exactly a strength of the new owners....

For mind there is a definitive "clearing of the decks" strategy being employed by the new owners.

Logically this will culminate in Tooves going as well - as others have expressed my only hope is that he is treated with respect and dignitiy...and the fans are as well.

My concern is that recent events have proven that this is not exactly a strength of the new owners....

Comes down to transparency and communication mate in my opinion. This is something the club hasn't done well, even in it's most successful years to be honest.

Comes down to transparency and communication mate in my opinion. This is something the club hasn't done well, even in it's most successful years to be honest.

The only time they had it almost okay was the days of Larissa (another Parra poaching) but that seemed to be down to an individual rather than a direction of the club

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2