Toovey will succeed - all this forgotten!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Early on I felt shocked, sad, angry & more. Now I have reflected on everything & Toovey for mine will be a gun coach. Likeable yet aggressive & commands respect plus the bonus he is a true Junior Seaeagles player & 1 club man. In 2 - 3 years time under Tooves all this mess will be forgotten - I'm back to celebrating the 2011 premiership victory for now & looking foward to a continued dominance in the next few years.[/align]

MK Eagle said:
Early on I felt shocked, sad, angry & more. Now I have reflected on everything & Toovey for mine will be a gun coach. Likeable yet aggressive & commands respect plus the bonus he is a true Junior Seaeagles player & 1 club man. In 2 - 3 years time under Tooves all this mess will be forgotten - I'm back to celebrating the 2011 premiership victory for now & looking foward to a continued dominance in the next few years.[/align]
Mk i agree with you there was no one more competetive than Toovey , I just hope the board has not pissed off the players as well . I hope Toovey retains the full squad.

well said guys..Hopefully the answer the year after next will be Tooves, although seeing how the coaching has been handled this past week, don't be surprised to see me being offered the job..Would make as much sense as most of the stuff that has transpired recently..

MK Eagle said:

Fantastic post!!!!! Time to move forward and look at the positives!

How ever I believe change should start now! Let's be realistic and fair on the club Manly needs a coach that is thinking long term not just about the final year of his contract.

Our recruitment and retention will be shot if the right people are not in place next year.

Why lose a year?

I hope the current players are not too pissed off to stay around. Would really love to see them have a year under Toovey to see if it brings the same success. I hope they give him a chance.

This all sux

But for me the one thing that I always come back to is the Team

If the coach wants to go, GO.
Players, The Same
Anyone else, Cya

I love Manly

I want them to be successful on and off the field but the main thing is I want them to be still around year after year.

At the end of the day, I just want to see my team on the field.......

As I sit back and watch the GF for the gizillianth time, after hanging my framed 2011 jersey on the wall and looking for a space for next years, I think how lucky are we to be Premiers and I will savour that over the summer above everything else. I cant wait for the next season, I have my 2012 Wings, I cant wait till we play the belmore poodles and beat them, so bring it on............

MK Eagle said:

You have this unnerving ability of talking common sense and cutting through bulls**t MK. I need your positivity more than ever at the moment. Tooves was the toughest,determined and most inspirational player I ever had the privilege of watching and a sea eagle to the core. He would bring those qualities to coaching I'm sure. I hope that's enough in this current era. Do you reckon he has the man management skills required of a successful NRL coach?

trevnev said:
MK Eagle said:

You have this unnerving ability of talking common sense and cutting through bulls**t MK. I need your positivity more than ever at the moment. Tooves was the toughest,determined and most inspirational player I ever had the privilege of watching and a sea eagle to the core. He would bring those qualities to coaching I'm sure. I hope that's enough in this current era. Do you reckon he has the man management skills required of a successful NRL coach?
Tooves must be a man of detail - he's an accountant ;^) But isn't he also a NRMA board member. And to handle the trashing of an ear-full Des would give him to relay to the players... and then to get out on the field and still direct the team around the park - I think he has got the skill.:D

MK Eagle said:

Absolutely!!! Bring it on!!

Great post Eagle. Toovs will be fine. The sun will shine on the hill and all will be well with the world. I'm looking forward to 2012.

I've got high hopes for Tooves, he's a legend. But that's not the issue. The issue is clearly all the boardroom issues that have plagued the club for the last half a decade at least. I'm not sure what's going on back there, but it doesn't matter who's coaching, if it continues, we're in a world of hurt.

31b14ea2-0dc6-c910.jpg

Picture tells a thousand words.. Look at Toovey in front of that trophy! He is ready to step up. Also Hasler on the outer edges of the pic.. Interesting no?

DSM5 said:
Great post Eagle. Toovs will be fine. The sun will shine on the hill and all will be well with the world. I'm looking forward to 2012.

And we will have the same idiots running the show.

I would like to see Kingdog get involved with the coaching team at Manly.

Kingy is Manly through and through and has already been captain. With him and Tooves involved the culture of Manly will live on!.

DSM5 said:

Oh man, this is a great party... can you please pass the bucket of sand?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7