1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toovey VS Barrett

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by king2213, Apr 30, 2016.

1. king2213

king2213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 171
    If Toovey and the Manly football department stayed together we would of handled the loss of Keiran Foran much better !

If Jamie Lyon did not want to play 6 we would have Feleti Mateo in 6 and business would of been business as usual with Manly !

While Ballin recovered we would of had Jayden Hodges + Buhrer as back up hookers

I believe with Toovey and original staff we would of been playing better footy this year the year after and the year after !

It was obvious that we had our backs ready ( hiku/gutherson/Turbo to replace Matai/Stewart/Lyon

And Toovey and staff did have plans for forward recruitment but did not get their chance !

Have a look at Vave he is very skillfull forward .... who signed him ? Toovey

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  2. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    If someone can tell me ONE new thing our backs have learnt under Barrett then I'll stop bagging him.
    With the exception of Illawarra we must have the most insipid attacking skills in the comp. Five tuck the ball under the arms. Then, if we are lucky enough to have retained possession for that long we have no plan, except to kick-and-hope.
    I'm not just whinging about tonight, it's been every match where we have no backline spark. Our style of football is not the exciting style I've been watching for 55 years.
    Our forwards have been good. Perhaps our only chance is to pick 17 forwards next match.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +442 / 4
    I somewhat see what you are saying, but Matai is trying, so was Turbo, whilst Lyon, Snake and Jorge have been hot and cold.

The issue has been the halves getting the ball out. DCE was trying to do too much in the first few rounds rather than just giving the ball, and then we had had makeshift halves in Api and Walker.

Symonds stopped the ball getting out on numerous occasions tonight. As a whole, it's very frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I love Toovey but he is gone, saw the great man today actually. Baz will be a great coach imo. Time to move on.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  5. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    You raise an interesting question.

So who is Vave playing for next year?

6. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    I love this track... If only...

• Like Like x 2
  7. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    Wish we had waited for him to be a "great coach" before signing him and hoping he'd learn on the job.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    To be honest if we had Bennett coaching with our team I suspect we would be sitting around 8th @The Who The team are putting in and seem to want to play for Barrett. Still early days but its not doom and gloom as far has his ability goes from what I see.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. king2213

king2213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 171
    Manly 2015 side coached by Toovey WITHOUT Keiran Foran ( Feleti/Lyon at 6

VS

MANLY 2016 fully fit coached by Trent Barrett

We played Cowboys up there last year and got beaten by a freakish last second try WITHOUT Keiran Foran !

We also beat Broncos/Storm/Souths

10. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    We gave up penalties early in the match, as a result were quickly under the pump, then swamped by a massive imbalance of possession. The Cows just now are good enough to take advantage of that and they didn't miss.

I'm sure neither Toovey nor Barret coach players to give away leg-up penalties to help the opposition out of their own quarter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    All crystal ball talk. How on earth does anyone know that we would be better if toovey was still here?

As i recall, we were stone motherless last until halfway through the season, and finished exactly where we are sitting on the ladder now...

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,633 / 113
    I dont remember a Toovey coached team giving away this many penalties. We are just a dumb football team in 2016.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Baz is not the one missing tackles and giving penalties

14. CBreeagles

CBreeagles Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,116 / 58
    We actually had DCE out that game with Foran in the no.7, and if you recall we beat the Broncos and Souths only after it came out we were culling 14 players, eventually the team went back into a slump when they had everything to play for against a horrible Parramatta outfit and missed out on the 8.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,523 / 134
    I'd have Tooves back in a heart beat.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    My concern with Barrett was whether he could bring a new group together and get them playing with heart and grit. To this point they seem to be doing that.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. midsteyne

midsteyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +574 / 12
    can anyone tell me if bozo has a son other than scott,i will elaborate when I find out.
    good insider rumour coming

18. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,534 / 32
    Brett is the other son.

19. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    Yes, Brett, elaborate away.

20. midsteyne

midsteyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +574 / 12
    just found the answer on wiki,brett was the name I was after.
    how does this sound,as soon as TB stuffs up enough bozo will replace him with Brett Fulton,as I said it is an informant who told me and its from a media source.i know nothing about the skills of fulton as a coach.dont shoot me I am only the messenger.