1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toovey vindicated re Bulldogs loss & referees

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brissie Kid, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +828 / 10
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/official-must-enforce-10m-rule-or-the-game-will-suffer/story-e6frexnr-1226477579712

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    So....i guess the Cowboys game was a square up? We better be on our best behaviour this week ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
    you can hear heads at the kennel exploding!

:d

4. driftout

driftout Active Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    At Last! The Bulldogs have been getting away with this all year (as well as Ennis' blatant forward passes from dummy half). They should have also shown pictures of the Bulldogs' goal-line defence...it's the most blatant offside play of any team in the comp . The Raiders beat them 34-6 , but that could have been the penalty count (it was only 7-6 to the Raiders). Obsessive compulsive Des is losing his influence over the referees at the pointy end of the season . I can hear the sound of smashing glass and crashing doors coming from a high tech video auditorium .

5. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,815 / 53
    Manly were clearly robbed. I'm surprised Jonathon Thurston hasn't said anything about this.

6. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    Agreed - why not fine the refs for bringing the game into disrepute? I mean an alleged lie about not touching a ball seems to pale into insignificance to blatant poor refereeing calls.

7. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    Nah, he wouldn't say anything mate. He's too classy! :p

8. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    He may laugh about it later though. Like a Hyena!

9. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    The Tele are only now making mention of this because of the Souths v Dogs game. It has nothing to do with being on Manly's side, they are just riding the Souths bandwagon.

10. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    We all saw this, and noted it in posts straight after the game. There were no penalties for inside 10m in the game against the Berries. I'm pleased it is being aired in the media. It explains why our attack was so stilted, plus the fact that Jamie was missing.
    This will help Souffs.

11. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +828 / 10
    Obvious that the Dogs are working on the premise that the referees especially in finals game might penalise them once maybe twice but for the other 400 tackles they will get away with being inside the 10m and holding down and wrestling.

Dogs are the most penalised team in the NRL but they should be even more heavily penalised.

12. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Des Hasler............the new Craig Bellamy !

13. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,642 / 74
    Is it des? My memory tells me that Canterbury have been consistently offside since about 1980. It's a tradition at belmore.

14. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Well if they don't get penalised then they will only keep doing it to get the advantage.

15. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    I think Tooves and the boys are more prepared for the SOO-esque reffing likely tonight, after being off the pace in Week 1 and then finding their groove against North Qld.

There will be plenty of holding down by all but Souths (they haven't got to the level of the other three....yet) so I can see Manly perform no different to the Storm in pushing the refs patience in the ruck.

As long as the ridiculous is penalised and the 10 metres kept in place (which impacts on how effective the wrestle/numbers to the tackle is) then we'll see a great match-up and the best team over 80mins deservedly win.

16. Mr Krabs

Mr Krabs Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Is pretty clear the media wants souffs in the gf .With the Bulldogs being the second most penalised side in the comp ( 2nd to the chooks ) they are riding the bunny home .