Toovey Interview this morning on players contracts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tomorrow night isn't about contracts, whose staying, whose going. It's about standing up against Watmough who bad mouthed the club that saved him from jail. Stand by the players that we still have.

Why is Tooves pushed in front of this media circus yet again? Could maybe the CEO or Owner have given a brief statement surrounding contracts and then let Tooves just talk about the footy???

Imagine being a coach and trying to prepare for a game when all this rubbish is going on.

I really have a lot of respect for Tooves, he is just doing the best he can, given the situation.

Last edited:
I like that he played a straight bat. Kind of reminds me of epl, nfl, nba, nhl and a heap of other sports. The front office handles negotiations and the coach coaches lol. Its a shocking system @:p. Fancy management making management decisions and a coach setting game plans. I love tooves but if you let a coach rule the roost you end up with backended contracts like De$. Coaches are held accountable for results. If you let them negotiated contracts they will assemble a team to win during their contracts. Its obviously why all those other insanely big sports separate the two functions of the club. The coach has input but the general manager/CEO and management assemble the team.

I don't get why people act shocked that a coach doesn't get to assemble a team lol. It seems common sense to me. I also think tooves understands his role and is very mature about it.

Why is Tooves pushed in front of this media circus yet again? Could maybe the CEO or Owner have given a brief statement surrounding contracts and then let Tooves just talk about the footy???

Imagine being a coach and trying to prepare for a game when all this rubbish is going on.

I really have a lot of respect for Tooves, he is just doing the best he can, given the situation.
Eagle you realise he can't control what the media asks him. He's trying to be cooperative so he doesn't come across as combative. It would be a usual pre game press conference and the media vultures aren't asking him squat about football. He did well I thought. It's not like he can just go up and deliver a monologue lol.............that would be funny though @:D@:D@:D

Eagle you realise he can't control what the media asks him. He's trying to be cooperative so he doesn't come across as combative. It would be a usual pre game press conference and the media vultures aren't asking him squat about football. He did well I thought. It's not like he can just go up and deliver a monologue lol.............that would be funny though @:D@:D@:D

Yeah I understand that he can't control what the media ask him lol...! The media are vultures....!! But you can try and manage the media from a club perspective somehow. Like maybe Mr CEO will be taking questions on contracts and Tooves will only be discussing the game.

Oh hum... Blah blah blah once again. Same old rhetoric !! 2V would make a great Politician !
Nothing in that interview gives me confidence about whether these guys will be staying and whether we can win on Friday.
2V seems to try to hard to say what is politically correct. HE is so obscure its not funny ! Need someone to tell it how it is especially about Watmough. The guys rubbishes the Club and all he could say "is oh well that's Choc, Fantastic footballer" . Show some F**** emotion and really tell us how you feel.
Agree however with Eagleheart though. management should front the media !!

Oh hum... Blah blah blah once again. Same old rhetoric !! 2V would make a great Politician !
Nothing in that interview gives me confidence about whether these guys will be staying and whether we can win on Friday.
2V seems to try to hard to say what is politically correct. HE is so obscure its not funny ! Need someone to tell it how it is especially about Watmough. The guys rubbishes the Club and all he could say "is oh well that's Choc, Fantastic footballer" . Show some F**** emotion and really tell us how you feel.
Agree however with Eagleheart though. management should front the media !!
Toovey is class above Choc and does not need to scoop down to his rubbish level . Toovey is a smart guy . His emotion will be used on the team that he prepares and not for the media circus and their clown Choc

I felt sorry for Tooves last night on Fox - seemed to me like he is on the outer so far as club recruitment goes yet is constantly being asked to comment on it.

I personally have my doubts about how equipped he is to handle all the turmoil ( and the media especially ) BUT on a personal level you got to feel a little sorry for a great Manly legend. I'm not liking the signs at all.

I like that he played a straight bat. Kind of reminds me of epl, nfl, nba, nhl and a heap of other sports. The front office handles negotiations and the coach coaches lol. Its a shocking system @:p. Fancy management making management decisions and a coach setting game plans. I love tooves but if you let a coach rule the roost you end up with backended contracts like De$. Coaches are held accountable for results. If you let them negotiated contracts they will assemble a team to win during their contracts. Its obviously why all those other insanely big sports separate the two functions of the club. The coach has input but the general manager/CEO and management assemble the team.

I don't get why people act shocked that a coach doesn't get to assemble a team lol. It seems common sense to me. I also think tooves understands his role and is very mature about it.
@The Indian read this. I didn't want to post it again.
I felt sorry for Tooves last night on Fox - seemed to me like he is on the outer so far as club recruitment goes yet is constantly being asked to comment on it.

I personally have my doubts about how equipped he is to handle all the turmoil ( and the media especially ) BUT on a personal level you got to feel a little sorry for a great Manly legend. I'm not liking the signs at all.

It is a uniquely nrl thing to have the expectation the coach makes recruitment and contract decisions and its stupid. Ask the dragons or knights how well that worked out for them. Even us. All this crap with gift and choc was caused by back ending contracts by De$. Imagine what would have happened if the cap didn't increase dramatically. We would have been :swear::swear::swear::swear::swear: way worse than we were

2V is correct - he is not part of any negotiations, just the recommendation to recruit certain Players. I felt for him on the NRL360 live show being ambushed by that twerp Ikin.
2V bounced back in his indefatigable manner :h:

As Kelly released the Statement of 'Contract Offer Withdrawal', he should have been the one who fronted the Media today. It was obviously the only question that was going to be asked.:nerd:
Should be simple to delegate Footy related Pressers to 2V and Administrative issues to Kelly.

It was also concerning that the Statement was not emailed to Members (we have financially committed to the Club), nor on the MWSE site or MWSE Facebook Page.
I'm sure that they could have turned off the 'Comments' options to prevent the Internet meltdown.:shake:

I think it is fairly obvious why Toovey has been thrust forth to deal with the media issues.
Penn and co. are making it quite clear who run the show. My guess is that he has been sat down and enlightened of the way forth.
Tooves will find this difficult in the times ahead, especially if we lose a few. In saying that, he is a tough bugger and anyone who thinks he will collapse under the pressure is sadly mistaken. Great man and greater Manly man.

That 5-year old who masquerades as a reporter on Ten, Liam (Sux) Cox was enjoying himself hugely on tonight's news. Regurgitated the Arthur story. Yawn...

I am bloody concerned the ceo and owner overule the coach. **** over this ****, this has been going on since 2011. The ownership model is appauling, sorry but tell me penn and kelly released this info while toovs was at fox how ****ed is that.
This mob will not end till hasler is back, only problem 6 years of infighting will kill morale and our champion squad will leave.
Foz is a champion and a competitor but our team will be lesser without DCE. I am concerned if foz cannot kick field goals or 40/20s or break the line.
I am not bagging but we need to look past the bull****, dce is the best emerging half in the game and only going to get better. Foran is the perfect foil for a off the cuff half kiwis johnson and dce manly.
Foz strength is he is very direct, goes to line. Now will this change now it seems dce is gone, can he get better.
I am concerned that our club has been ruined by the private ownership model post max delmerge just imo shoot me down if you will.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7