Toovey hits out ahead of Richie Fa'aoso judiciary hearing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm still pissed off about the 1 week, it's bull****! It was a head clash!!! Slater direct shoulder to the head and he gets off!!!!! What a ****ing joke!

Gould supported Richie in the SMH today

Dangerous to be charging head clashes

Richie Fa’aoso hit Ashley Harrison with a shoulder charge on the weekend and we saw a head clash as a result. Harrison was knocked out. Now Fa’aoso faces a grade three dangerous contact charge. What would have happened if, as a result of the head clash, Harrison bounced to his feet unaffected and Fa’aoso was knocked out by the clash of heads? Do you think Fa’aoso would be facing a charge? I think not. I think the charge against Fa’aoso is wrong and a very dangerous precedent to start linking head clashes to supposedly illegal tackles. Head clashes often occur in legal tackles. Fa’aoso did not hit Harrison in the head with his shoulder charge. The head clash should be kept out of the equation when assessing damages and penalties.

-----------
Rothtool and his debt-welching gg-injecting loss-infecting gummies need to be the centre of attention.

swoop said:
Watch Rothtool spit the dummy tomorrow.

Yes, Philip Ronald Rothfield won't be happy, especially after he flicked the switch to 'Hyperbole' (or 'hyperbowl' if you're the PM) earlier in the week.;)

One week is fair. Whilst head clashes are common in legit tackles IMO you lose the benefit of the doubt if you cause one with a shoulder charge. Shoulder charges are designed for maximum impact, so you need to carry a higher accountability if one goes wrong....accidental becomes reckless in this case.

Interesting story today

An NRL study has found there is 70 times more risk of a player being injured by a shoulder charge than a normal tackle.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/shoulder-charge-ban-a-no-brainer-as-study-shows-the-controversial-technique-causes-injury/story-e6frfkp9-1226606020402#ixzz2OjduVzAT

I agree with gus and strone33.

I don't want to be happy with the 1 week, but alas, I've been worn down to be relieved at the 1 week more than outraged at being charged at all.

Keep up the good fight strone33!

edit: Now we should all sit back and enjoy the media implode on itself! :)

globaleagle said:
I agree with gus and strone33.

I don't want to be happy with the 1 week, but alas, I've been worn down to be relieved at the 1 week more than outraged at being charged at all.

Keep up the good fight strone33!

edit: Now we should all sit back and enjoy the media implode on itself! :)

Haha always :)

More shoulder charges are inevitably going to happen this year. Years of conditioning don't change overnight. Players react to situations based on what they've done before.Penalties, rather than suspensions, should be the prime focus - especially during the transition period.

Fa'oso has copped a harsher penalty than other shoulder charges. If this is because of the damage incurred by Harrison, then fair enough. As long as this principle is consistently applied.

As for Rothfield's extremist rantings, have you noticed how the SMH is much easier to handle in the new format?

Rex said:
More shoulder charges are inevitably going to happen this year. Years of conditioning don't change overnight. Players react to situations based on what they've done before.Penalties, rather than suspensions, should be the prime focus - especially during the transition period.

Fa'oso has copped a harsher penalty than other shoulder charges. If this is because of the damage incurred by Harrison, then fair enough. As long as this principle is consistently applied.
As for Rothfield's extremist rantings, have you noticed how the SMH is much easier to handle in the new format?

however the this logic fell to pieces with the slater hit, shoulder to head, knocked the guy out - grade 1. Until the powers that be get over their favouritism of certain players and teams, they are shooting themselves in the foot and making a mockery of the systems put in place.

Good result - not great but at least good.

It's like a Faulty Towers script - Don't mention the war, or to put into league language - don't cite Slater.

But the judiciary’s hands were tied. They had to make an example of the first one sent before them to show they are cracking down on this illegal activity.

I think all we fans want is consistency - yet to be ottained. But needs to be sought after with passion, diligence and determination.

Webster had a big sook about it on the back page of today's paper. Mentioned Slater but ignored its relevance to Fa'aoso's case.

I don't mind this no shoulder charge thing.

In the future we can all tell our kids how tough we are because we played in the era of the shoulder charge. lol

I loved doing shoulder charges, I was better at that than tackling, especially if one of my team mates had already gone low and halted the opponent's momentum. Those were the days.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6