Toovey fine stands

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Greenburg has boxed himself into a corner. Either he fines Henry/Thurston or lets Tooves off.
It's all getting a bit old from the Cowboys now. You'd swear blind they've uncovered an assassination plot against the team.:s

This is racism at it's finest tooveys fine stands only because he's a blonde haired, blue eyed white guy, I mean Toovey didn't even accuse anyone of cheating - so NRL back to you is this racism or is this something else?

God said:
This is racism at it's finest tooveys fine stands only because he's a blonde haired, blue eyed white guy, I mean Toovey didn't even accuse anyone of cheating - so NRL back to you is this racism or is this something else?

Alfie Langer sidestep on that one God....:p

Bloody ridiculous decision from the inept and incompetent NRL hierarchy. How could they possibly come to this decision and not fine NQ?

So what was the net result of the money drive from fans to pay this fine? How much was raised and when was it handed over?

Manly should publicly support the Cowboys in their plight. And so should all the other clubs that have been short changed this year with crap calls followed by hollow apologies. While the whole country is tuned in for the finals, it's a great time for clubs to kick up a big stink in the media.

The Cows claimed that the NRL was corrupt from the top down. Accordingly to Greenberg that's ok. The problem with what Tooves said is that he called for an investigation and accountability. The NRL are happy for people to say they are corrupt, but nobody should be held accountable for it!

If (god forbid) we lose to Souths in 2 weeks I expect Tooves to say something along these lines:

"As we all know, this is the result the wonderfully corrupt NRL administration wanted all along. There was little we could do about it on the field. A Souths win is, after all, the best result for the game and the NRL have done a marvelous job ensuring that it occurs this year, especially given that in reality they are a pretty ordinary football team.

I just hope we didn't hurt any Souths players. I know it was pretty bad that Matai tried to tackle Inglis in the 6th minute and he was rightfully sent off. Inglis is such a wonderful player and ambassador to the game - A true role model on and off the field and Matai should not have touched him. The fact that Matai tackled him around the legs is no excuse and frankly I am disappointed that Foz tried to run that argument with the ref, which of course led to Foz' own rightful send off.

It was tough to end the match with only 5 players on the field given the 6 send offs and 2 sin binnings, but that's what happens when you engage in foul play as we did tonight. I tried to instill discipline in the boys, but when Glenn Stewart head-butted Issac Luke in the elbow I knew my message did not get through, and I knew we were in for a long night.

It is pretty sad scenes in the dressing room right now. A few of the boys are bumping into each other because they can't see, and others are speaking to each other in high pitched voices - both as a result of some very legitimate plays by Sam Burgess. Did you all know him and his 3 brothers all played for Souths today? Isn't that wonderful. I don't think the media is making a big enough deal of that. They should get more coverage.

I am disappointed of course, but we only have ourselves to blame for trying to beat Souths. No doubt this all started with our dysfunctional Board.

Tooves should invite the media to the pavement outside nrl HQ, upon his arrival he and his helpers should deliver the fine in plastic buckets , the more the better { he might need to chance any big bills into small change } , so a small army of helpers fronts up with dozens of buckets and in fill view of the media says to reception " arh excuse me miss can ya tell the man his required fine payment is here now, that's the one for questioning refs abilities, you know when I was too emotional, not the pending cow fine, the manly one" ...."oh hi Toddy, how's the Benny inquiry going" ......sorry about spelling and grammar, feeling a bit emotional today......

Seriously, there needs to be an investigation into Greenturd. How on earth are Thurston and Henry allowed to insinuate that there is a NSW bias against the Cows which brings the game totally into disrepute against Toovey and Stuart fined heavily for saying things as they are.

Thurston MUST be fined 10K as his comments went way to far.

Oh and by the way Greenturd, you are a blight on the game and you can just F!!!!k off and let someone run the game who is fair to all clubs.

Greenberg on Cowboys:

"He spoke from the heart and I have great empathy for clubs that go through difficult periods for tough decisions," Greenberg said on Triple M.

"I don't think he overstepped the mark there.

"What he did was show the raw emotion of what it's like when you lose a football game in difficult circumstances."

Greenberg on Toovey:

'I accept that emotion is a big part of our game but that is not an excuse for making unwarranted attacks on match officials,' Greenberg said in a statement.

'There needs to be a balance between coach's expressing their opinions and their emotions and showing respect for the game and the match officials in that process.'

PLEASE EXPLAIN TODD

I am speaking from the heart when I say that I feel that Greenturd seems like a power hungry wanna be, who needs to be reassigned to backroom duties.

Not up to Corporate management standards of a billion dollar enterprise.

The subjective application of fines should be the last straw.

Smith has the Brand to protect and the paying Public, Sponsors and TV rights Owners are not going to accept this infantile management of our great Game:mad:

Jatz Crackers said:
So for discussion sake here below is the relevant part of the NRL Code of Conduct which forms the governing rules in this instance.

"Public Comment
31. (1) No Club or person bound by this Code shall comment adversely on, or with
respect to:
(a) The ARLC;
(b) The NRL;
(c) An officer or employee of the ARLC or the NRL (including the Chief
Executive Officer and the Salary Cap Auditor);
(d) The NRL Competition;
(e) The National Youth Competition;
(f) The Related Competitions;
(g) The Representative Competitions;
(h) The Other Competitions;
(i) A Club;
(j) The performance of a Match Official; or
(k) Any matter which has been, is, or is likely to be, the subject of a
proceeding before the ARLC, the NRL Judiciary, the Match Review
Committee, the Anti-Doping Tribunal, the Salary Cap Review Committee,
the NRL Appeals Committee or any other committee or tribunal
established by the ARLC or the NRL;
on the Internet or on a public occasion.
(2) For the purposes of sub-Rule (1), “comment adversely” means to make any
comment, whether orally or in writing, or to perform any action that is or might:
(a) Be detrimental to;
(b) Bring into disrepute;
(c) Be inconsistent with;
(d) Be contrary to; and/or
(e) Be prejudicial to;
the best interests, image or welfare of the ARLC, the NRL Competition, the National Youth Competition, the Related Competitions, the Representative Competitions, the Clubs or the Game"

You cant have Toovey fined and not Thurston, otherwise the ARLC will seriously lose credibility on this issue.

A strict interpretation would most definitely have both 2V & Thurston in breach.
C & C, is Greenberg himself "a person bound by this code"?

His actions are an absolute outrage in this situation and are making the game a laughing stock.

Henry and Thurston voiced views (widely held by many fans) clearly alleging favouritism to some clubs.

Toovey didn't do that. How can their comments be excused when Toovey was fined?

sheridanstand78 said:
Seriously, there needs to be an investigation into Greenturd.
There is. Though as each day passes, a whitewash looks more and more on the cards.

There is one big difference between Toovey's outburst and that of Henry and Thurston. The NRL have admitted the referees were wrong this time. They backed the referees in Gosford when Tooves blew up.

But ... "the ball was on the ground", lol

Sorry Jatz I thought C & C posted that :)
Fact remains, Greenberg is damaging the reputation of the game far more than Tooves did.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6