Toovey blasts unprofessional Parramatta Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Toovey blasts unprofessional Parramatta Eels

Manly coach Geoff Toovey has branded Parramatta "unprofessional" after the Eels' late backflip over his now former assistant Brad Arthur.
Toovey conceded the timing of the Eels' decision to appoint Arthur as coach, having originally all but settled on Roosters assistant Jason Taylor, had hurt his own club. The Sea Eagles, defeated by the Roosters in the grand final earlier this month, may not have a new assistant to Toovey in place by the start of pre-season training on November 18.
"I'm extremely disappointed with how they went about their business," Toovey said.
Asked if the late decision had set back his own plans, Toovey said: "Of course it has. I know they don't care about that, but it's still pretty unprofessional. The way it all transpired was pretty disappointing.
Advertisement
"We start training in three weeks and I thought we had everything in place. [That said], this has happened the last couple of years as well."
The Sea Eagles lost another assistant, Matt Parish, to the Eels at the end of the 2012 season – with Arthur joining the club in the off-season as his replacement – while their 2011 premiership win was soured by the departure of head coach Des Hasler to the Bulldogs.
The Sea Eagles now face another off-season search for a key member of staff when many strong candidates have already been tied up with other clubs.
Despite the late change to his coaching staff, Toovey said he was happy for Arthur, who appeared to have lost out to Taylor before a stunning turnaround by the Eels board. "I'm sure Brad will do a great job and I wish him all the best," Toovey said. "We'll just have to make sure we do our best to get the right person for the position."
Manly general manager David Perry said he hoped to have a replacement for Arthur finalised by the start of the Sea Eagles' pre-season. "We want to make the right decision," Perry said. "We'll have discussions in coming weeks. The boys are back on November 18 and we'd like to get to a final position close to then. Brad will be missed but we need to move on and find a solid replacement."
The Roosters, meanwhile, are involved in similar discussions to replace Paul Green, the new North Queensland coach. Coach Trent Robinson, currently in France, is keen to appoint someone around his incumbent assistants Taylor and Craig Fitzgibbon.
"We're very pleased to have retained the services of Jason Taylor and Craig Fitzgibbon, and the head coach is looking at tweaking his coaching structure around our senior grades," Roosters chief operating officer football Brian Canavan said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-coach-geoff-toovey-blasts-unprofessional-parramatta-eels-20131023-2w1b6.html#ixzz2iZpRrOnC

I would think there would be a string of quality coaches knocking down our door to be involved with such a professional, and successful, club.
Our door is much harder to open than the revolving one at Doesn'tMatta.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-everyone-wants-to-work-for-toovey-at-the-sea-eagles/story-fngr8iii-1226742569372

THE position has not even been advertised and it can be very stressful but already the Sea Eagles have received over 20 applications to become one of Geoff Toovey's assistant coaches next year.:)

The position became vacant after the shock move by the Parramatta Eels to poach Brad Arthur as their new head coach next season.

"We have not advertised but already the interest is enormous," said Sea Eagles football manager Steve Gigg.

"We have had a number of inquiries from people who have contacted the club from various avenues.

"It is a mixture of unknowns right through to well-known rugby league personalities."

The Parramatta decision on Tuesday night caught everyone off-guard, including Arthur himself who was holiday with his family in Bali believing Jason Taylor had the job.

"It is just unbelievable this has happened in the last two off-seasons basically, but you know what we have coped," Gigg said.

Gigg said the first group of Manly players will return to training on November 11.

"However it won't be something we rush into because we have to make sure we get it right," he said.
----------------------------------------------
Everyone loves to be Manly :D

This has got to be frustrating for Geoff. Firstly it looked like Brad was going to cows, then eels, then staying. Good on Brad for doing what's best for him but once again Manly are left under staffed.
I hope we find the right person and quickly.
I'd offer but my training sessions would consist of these sorts of drills:
Wolfie, showers immediately.
Matt Ballin, sleeveless tops. We need to see more of those arms.
Snake, lose the beard, you're much cuter without it.
Underwear models, time for a photo session.:D:D:D
I don't think I'd get the position but jeez I'd have fun.
Go Manly and good luck with the assistant coach hunt.

niccipops said:
This has got to be frustrating for Geoff. Firstly it looked like Brad was going to cows, then eels, then staying. Good on Brad for doing what's best for him but once again Manly are left under staffed.
I hope we find the right person and quickly.
I'd offer but my training sessions would consist of these sorts of drills:
Wolfie, showers immediately.
Matt Ballin, sleeveless tops. We need to see more of those arms.
Snake, lose the beard, you're much cuter without it.
Underwear models, time for a photo session.:D:D:D
I don't think I'd get the position but jeez I'd have fun.
Go Manly and good luck with the assistant coach hunt.

Perhaps there is a masseuse position going that you can apply for.

I really don't know the reason for the rant, only for the opportunity to have a dig at Parramatta...

Surely he knew that Brad was a good chance of not being around and would they have wanted announced prior to the Grand Final, not really.

Keep up the pressure Tooves, we luv ya

Frogz said:
I really don't know the reason for the rant, only for the opportunity to have a dig at Parramatta...
Agreed, it meant he found out, what, one whole week later than if Arthur was offered the Eel job in the first place?

Unless that was the week when our second choice then moved elsewhere, which would explain the inconvenience to Manly.

I dont think we will have a problem finding an assistant coach. I bet there has been alot of quality applicants lining up to coach.

The tough bit will be picking the right one.

He would just be annoyed with the backflip. He would have known he was a big chance and was probably somewhat relieved when Taylor was thought to have the job only to have that change all of a sudden.

Yeah Blake seems to have the footy smarts. Has come a long way from his one trick play of the c&c. Brother Michael must have got a sore neck playing in the backyard watching all those balls go over his head

more than a trick, you had to know when to do it, and you had to have explosive acceleration to bring it off.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4