Toovey acts on Sea Eagles costly attitude lapse

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SEA Eagles coach Geoff Toovey says has players have to maintain their trademark ruthless attitude for a full 80 minutes if they are to win this year's premiership.

His warning came after the Sea Eaqles uncharacteristically surrendered a 12-0 lead before going down to Parramatta 22-12 at Pirtek Stadium on Friday night.

Read More

SEA Eagles coach Geoff Toovey says has players have to maintain their trademark ruthless attitude for a full 80 minutes if they are to win this year's premiership.

His warning came after the Sea Ea
toovey_accuses_hasler_s_bulldogs_of_cheating_121.jpg
qles uncharacteristically surrendered a 12-0 lead before going down to Parramatta 22-12 at Pirtek Stadium on Friday night.

"I'm pretty disappointed," Toovey admitted.

"We played pretty well in the first half, the scoreline could have been even greater than it was.

"I thought the boys were just doing it too easy in the first half … we came out in the second half and played accordingly."'

Toovey said a few lucky things went the way of the Eels and all of a sudden they were back in the game.

"We went out in the second half and I thought from the first set when we just got a kick away that was our attitude for the whole second half and it wasn't good," Toovey said.

Toovey is well aware all the leading NRL clubs are currently walking a premiership tightrope.

It's been such a close competition all year, no one can deny that," he said.

"I think it is the closest we have seen for many many many years if not decades

"Any team can win on the day.

"That is what the benefit is of finishing in the top four at least you get a second chance if things don't right for you on the day

"But we need to play better than we did in the second half if we are a chance."

The defeat has made it more difficult for the Sea Eagles to now claim the minor premiership.

"It's a big effort to win it but I've never set it as a goal of ours," Toovey said.

"It would have been great to be there and we are still obviously in the run for that

"But we are not focused on that."

Prop Jason King is set to miss Sunday's game with Penrith at Brookvale Oval after a careless high tackle.

Winger Jorge Taufua won't miss any games if he takes an early guilty plea to a charge of dangerous contact to the foot or lower leg.
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/toovey-acts-after-attitude-lapse-costs-sea-eagles-victory/story-fngr8iii-1227036236149

Can any one remember our last 80 min performance? I can't remember the last time we played a great 80mins. Seen some great 40min efforts

Yep I agree we have only had one blowout score,the one v the Faders. the one v Sharks we got them 26 Nil BUT should have been 50-60 nil, both these games they probably played 45 minutes great , the rest average!!

Not going to win a GF doing that

Mark from Brisbane said:
Yep I agree we have only had one blowout score,the one v the Faders. the one v Sharks we got them 26 Nil BUT should have been 50-60 nil, both these games they probably played 45 minutes great , the rest average!!

Not going to win a GF doing that

Agree - we are certainly not going to win a GF playing against the Raiders or Sharks.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2