Toovey 2017 Vs Barrett 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

2017 Toovey / Johns VS 2017 Barrett / Cartright POLL

• 2017 Toovey / Johns

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • 2017 Barrett / Cartwright

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

king2213

Reserve Grader
2017 Toovey / Johns

1. Snake / Turbo /Gutherson / Hiku / Williame
2. Tafua / Gutherson /
3. Matai / Gutherson / Turbo / Williame
4. Hiku / Gutherson / Turbo / Williame
5. Turbo / Gutherson
6. Mateo / Jack Littlejohn
7. DCE
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Starling
11. Tom Symonds
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Jake Turbo

14. Gun new prop 1
15. Knight
16. Jayden Hodges
17. Gun prop 2

18 Blake Leary/Jamil Hopoate ????? >>>>> Luke Burgess/Vave/Horro/Lui

VS

2017 Barrett / Cartwright

1. Brett Stewart / Turbo / Williame
2. Tafua / Wright
3. Matai / Williame / Turbo / Wright
4. Walker / Williame / Turbo / Wright
5. Turbo / Wright
6. Blake Green
7. DCE
8. Darcy Luscick
9. Parcell / Api
10. Nate Myles
11. Tapau
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Jake Turbo

14 Parcell / Api / Brown
15 AFB
16 Knight
17 Willis Meehan

18. Winterstein/Nathan Green/Jamil Hopoate/ Leary

off contract / Lawrence/Starling/Vave

Vote away guys this is for 2017

Last edited:
I think people over estimate Johns's contribution to Manly. He was a part time halves coach. Arthur and then Georgalis was the Cartwright of Tooveys era.

Still not sure what your post is about though.

I think people over estimate Johns's contribution to Manly. He was a part time halves coach. Arthur and then Georgalis was the Cartwright of Tooveys era.

This is a discussion forum ... i am asking people to vote on which squad/staff would have achieved the best results

Last edited:
Tooves had some dud assistant coaches.
" The white ant" Arthur
" Fried brain" johns
Steve georgallis was probably the best, at least the most honest.
In fact the resources he had to work with were pathetic compered to now.
Gym, medical etc.... all new. Roster...
I will concede Barrett has the most inept assistant coach in the Easter Island statue.

This years side would've been better by a country mile had we not suffered the injuries that we did.
But that wasn't the case unfortunately and now you're just trying to dig back into the past as you've done many times. If you throw cronulla for example with similar injuries this year there's no way they would be where they are.

He was exclusively contracted to Manly Geoff Tooveys assistant and including junior development

He had media commitments on the side !

At times it looked like Johns was playing on the park himself, his play book was executed many times

it was obvious he was instrumental to our results

Jayden Hodges try 2014 SF against the DOGS Jayden hodges after the game " Joey told me to look for Tony Williams and wait for him to turn his shoulder, as soon as he turns dummy and run through "

" I followed Joeys instructions and i scored " post match interview Jayden Hodges

5 missing first graders 2014 sf , we get beaten by a point

" yeah Joey johns is a fried brain " " he didnt play a big role into our game plans "

Yeahhhhh right why do you think Geoff Toovey NRMA ex board memeber hired him ? To get results

Roosters arnt stupid ... they hired him and his son is now playing for Paddington eastern suburbs comp ( Lil Joey )

Nice move roosters

You aren't going to win a game with Mateo at 6, especially 2017 version of Mateo.

This is a discussion forum ... i am asking people to vote on which squad/staff would have achieved the best results

Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound like I was having a go. Not at all, just wasn't sure what the idea was.

He was exclusively contracted to Manly Geoff Tooveys assistant and including junior development

He had media commitments on the side !

At times it looked like Johns was playing on the park himself, his play book was executed many times

it was obvious he was instrumental to our results
Don't get me wrong I thought it was great when we had him. We certainly had a much better attack with him working behind the scenes. I am guessing he wasn't loved by Zorba. Wouldn't be suprised if he thought Zorba was irrelevant so Zorba had him flicked.

Roosters arnt stupid ... they hired him and his son is now playing for Paddington eastern suburbs comp ( Lil Joey )

Nice move roosters
So does that mean he has moved to the ES district, or is he taking his son with him to training?

Not that it really matters. His heart is still really in Newcastle.

Don't get me wrong I thought it was great when we had him. We certainly had a much better attack with him working behind the scenes. I am guessing he wasn't loved by Zorba. Wouldn't be suprised if he thought Zorba was irrelevant so Zorba had him flicked.
Most people think ZtH is irrelevant.

Except ZtH, ZtH's wife Barb, maybe his kids, Bozo, maybe Bozo's boys, Mr Fluffy, pRick, Phool Buzzer, Deano, Dan the Man and ZtH's bookie.

Who could that last one be?

Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound like I was having a go. Not at all, just wasn't sure what the idea was.

either was i my feathered friend :) and yes internet conversation lacks tone etc .. so understandings happen often :)

i am an optimist and yes we cant bring Toovs back, but, im sure the discussions we have on this forum echo throughout the club , we are not irrelevant , we are the soul and heart beat of this club :)

Looking forward to the next 2 years under Barrett there is some positives and some negatives :) At least we do have positives to cheer about

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4