Tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I'm starting to get a little peeved at various comments popping up in a number of threads blaming Tooves for the possible impending departures; for not being a better manager of his men. Harrumph. To me, he faced the perfect tsunami of trying to take over a team.
I spent many years as a high school teacher. I was a great teacher - not blowing my own horn, results tell you these things. Anyhoo, if I had been given a class to takeover in the middle of the year because a teacher they had adored had walked out, I would have found this much more difficult than starting from scratch with a new group. Add to that if the existing class had done well previously and had a number of egos that had a great influence on the group and didn't like me for whatever reason, it would have been exponentially more difficult. Now, what if I had been the previous teacher's assistant? Near impossible.
All this is without the money and adulation that goes with footy players. I still believe that Tooves has done a brilliant job in ridiculous circumstances (add ownership, boardroom, etc.) and I was hoping that the moving on of Watmough this year would give him a real chance to steer the ship his way.
I really want to see him given a chance without the Des remainders. I think he is a very good coach.

I've been very outspoken on my thoughts of Tooves. He was thrown this job, has been blamed for everything (back ended contracts, Gift situation, Board room dramas, Watmough etc etc) and had managed 3 top 4 finishes in 3 years (with a Grand Final in there). And each year we have been written off as not being able to make the 8.

If Foran and DCE do end up going I would like for the Board to understand the reasons behind it. They need to review the roles constantly, everyone needs to be accountable. But Tooves has always held himself accountable, some of the players need to do the same and stop looking for excuses.

I back Toovey 100%.

For mind the whole structure (past more so than since the recent ownership change) is accountable

From Des to Perry to Zorba to Quantium to the Penn family to Tooves. All contributed to the unstable footing which we have been paying for since 2011.

There has been an excess of politics, personnel agendas rather than what is best for the club, from all people involved. We all know that if there had been some stability in the overall direction of the club the blood letting we have experienced could have been minimized.

What sucks is that we the fans have been left to carry the can

Love Toovey-I will let his performance be judged by his management. We are outsiders who now nothing of the internal runnings of the club and his coaching (except snippets from those supposedly in the now)
I admire him, and believe he has copped way too much flak. But passionate people attract this sort of criticism. Maybe he is too passionate for his own good. I really hope he comes through all this with reputation intact.

I'm 1 who thinks questions have 2 be asked (and if you asked him he would probably agree some things could have been handled better) but I also believe Toovey has earned the right (in blood) 2 build his OWN team. I'd also like the club 2 involve more of our legends in and around the place 1 guy I think never get's enough love from the club is Cliff Lyons just so under rated. Yes A Johns may be doing a great job but hell I would love Cliff involved with our young creative players

I'm 1 who thinks questions have 2 be asked (and if you asked him he would probably agree some things could have been handled better) but I also believe Toovey has earned the right (in blood) 2 build his OWN team.

Considering the number of depatures it looks like he will get the chance soon

Considering the number of depatures it looks like he will get the chance soon

It looks that way and may be that isn't such a bad thing for him and if he succeeds he will get the credit he deserves and not keep having Des's team shoved down his throat.

I'm starting to get a little peeved at various comments popping up in a number of threads blaming Tooves for the possible impending departures; for not being a better manager of his men. Harrumph. To me, he faced the perfect tsunami of trying to take over a team.
I spent many years as a high school teacher. I was a great teacher - not blowing my own horn, results tell you these things. Anyhoo, if I had been given a class to takeover in the middle of the year because a teacher they had adored had walked out, I would have found this much more difficult than starting from scratch with a new group. Add to that if the existing class had done well previously and had a number of egos that had a great influence on the group and didn't like me for whatever reason, it would have been exponentially more difficult. Now, what if I had been the previous teacher's assistant? Near impossible.
All this is without the money and adulation that goes with footy players. I still believe that Tooves has done a brilliant job in ridiculous circumstances (add ownership, boardroom, etc.) and I was hoping that the moving on of Watmough this year would give him a real chance to steer the ship his way.
I really want to see him given a chance without the Des remainders. I think he is a very good coach.

So am i - it is nothing short of disgraceful. Deep down everyone knew the contract issues from Des would bite us in the arse in several areas. Why is Geoff Toovey blamed.

I think Geoff Toovey has coped as well as he could, working for a dysfunctional board that till only recently was so divided.

The club has failed miserable in communication skills causing a terminal rift between the senior players and management, that is the lesson that needs to be learnt by all at the club.

Tooves will likely be sacked before the season ends. I have been told he's job is on tenter hooks literally and it's by no accident many players( Foran, Watmough, Gower, Hopa) are favoring the more stable and calm type of coaching Brad Arthur provides.
Just imagine Jeff Toovey being your boss. There's no fekin chance the Chief would take orders from this disrespectful, over agitated peanut.....

Last edited:
Tooves will likely be sacked before the season ends. I have been told he's job is on tenter hooks literally and it's by no accident many players( Foran, Watmough, Gower, Hopa) are favoring the more stable and calm type of coaching Brad Arthur provides.
Just imagine Jeff Toovey being your boss. There's no fekin chance the Chief would take orders from this disrespectful, over agitated peanut.....

Give it up. Seriously.

You're not funny. You're actually just a Loser.

[QUOmust actually agree with mi postE="mjb136, post: 640041, member: 3429"]Give it up. Seriously.

You're not funny. You're actually just a Loser.[/QUOTE]
You m
Give it up. Seriously.

Mate I'm just stating the facts.
Would you take orders from Jeff Toovey, that's the question you're not answering.

[QUOmust actually agree with mi postE="mjb136, post: 640041, member: 3429"]Give it up. Seriously.

You m

Would you take orders from Jeff Toovey, that's the question you're not answering.[/QUOTE]
There's no Jeff Toovey at our club.

You m

Would you take orders from Jeff Toovey, that's the question you're not answering.[/QUOTE]

But what is a Jeff Toovey?

What else do you do with your life apart from masturbating and coming onto this site ?.

With Tooves you know he is 100% Manly, and will always fo what he believes is best for the club. What more can you ask?
To put club-hopping Arthur in the same category is a joke. Hayne looked forward to playing under him so much he didn't just change clubs he left the country!

Foran still has NOT SIGNED, Watmough is a deadsh*t who honestly many are glad to see gone, Gower is a plodder of epic proportions, and Hoppa left before Tooves took over from De$$ie. You fail spectacularly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4