Tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cc eagle

Bencher
Is Tooves still running the water/Dessies instructions.I haven't noticed him on the field recently or maybe he's been out of camera shot. Anyone know.

Coach in waiting. I wonder if there is a gentlemens agreement. Des said he wasn't going to be a career coach but he's going OK for a hobby! I believe Toovs has always wanted to be the first grade coach so it will be interesting to see if there ever comes a day when, heaven forbid, it could become an issue between the two of them.

Masked Eagle said:
Coach in waiting. I wonder if there is a gentlemens agreement. Des said he wasn't going to be a career coach but he's going OK for a hobby! I believe Toovs has always wanted to be the first grade coach so it will be interesting to see if there ever comes a day when, heaven forbid, it could become an issue between the two of them.

Mate for that to happend there would have to be an uprising by the players against Des & i cant see that happening & if that turmoil did happen we would be stuffed for a lot of years after , just look at Parra.

Perhaps Des will step down for Tooves, and then take up the NSW coaching job. Stuart won't be there next season.

I think Tooves is the heir apparent to be the next Manly Coach, whenever that time comes. He is receiving great tutelage, he is passionate, he has player respect, and he fits into the Manly synergy. Ron Willy, Frank Stanton and Bob Fulton, all coached Manly to two GF wins each. I think Des will want to do the same, or even go for the record and coach them to 3 GF wins. Either way, after that time we should see Tooves get his opportunity.

As an assistant, Dessie spent his apprenticeship running around barking orders carrying the water bottle. Tooves is moooooooooving along nicely.

If Ox is coming back in a coaching role maybe he'll be after Tooves

Brissie Kid said:
All reminds me of Howard & Costello, and that all ended in tears.

Thats a fear of mine. I suppose it depends on how bad Toovs wants the job and if there have been any promises made a long the way. We are still a way off it coming to ahead thankfully but in say in 3-5 years time who knows what might happen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4