Tooves - what gives?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
The Brisbane Broncos today announced that NRMA Insurance will be their new naming rights and principal sponsor from the start of the 2011 season.

The deal will see the NRMA Insurance logo positioned on the front of the team's prestigious jersey and the team known as the NRMA Insurance Broncos for the three-year term of the sponsorship.

NRMA Insurance Senior Manager Sponsorships John Lewis believes the principal sponsorship is a natural progression to an already successful partnership. "The Brisbane Broncos share our drive for success and our appetite to take it to the competition. They are the perfect partner for us in Queensland", said Mr. Lewis.

Broncos' chief executive Bruno Cullen said he was excited at the growing relationship between the club and NRMA Insurance.

"It is exceptionally pleasing that a wonderful sponsor like NRMA Insurance has seen the value in upgrading their commitment to the club," said Mr. Cullen.

Hopefully this news is just a prelude to a huge signing by the Sea Eagles of a major sponsor. Seeing that Tooves is an NRMA board member maybe something is heading our way.

NRMA gets city wide exposure of 2 million - something no other club can offer (melbourne technically can)

hard to compete with that

ManlyBacker link said:
Hopefully this news is just a prelude to a huge signing by the Sea Eagles of a major sponsor. Seeing that Tooves is an NRMA board member maybe something is heading our way.

Sadly, Tooves is a member of the NRMA Motoring & Services Board - totally different company to NRMA Insurance (they just use the same brand name)

Stay away from insurance company's.
We had FAI as our main sponsor and we not a great team then plus they went broke, I think we lost money when they did.

I don't see us having too much problem getting a Sponsor, it just depends on the price.

NRMA is a relatively new brand in Qld Duff, that is precisely why they have gone for this type of sponsorship

ManlyBacker link said:

Conflict of interest - Tooves is a paid employee of Manly, cant see NRMA board agreeing to this type of business engagement

I don't see it as a conflict - it is about a suitable decision on application of an advertising budget. Your thinking would rule out News Ltd employees and probably Nick Politis with the Chooks as examples. I actually put this up as tongue in cheek. :)

Corso_Pete link said:
NRMA is a relatively new brand in Qld Duff, that is precisely why they have gone for this type of sponsorship

When i was living up there they done adds calling them
NORMA,but were revealed as wrong by the nrma
I lived there in 2005,they aint that new

Shane link said:
[quote author=Corso_Pete link=topic=184604.msg283732#msg283732 date=1281496351]

[/quote]

I moved to QLD in Jan 2001 and they were here then too but I think that they had only just started up not long before that.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=184604.msg283761#msg283761 date=1281505718]

[quote author=Corso_Pete link=topic=184604.msg283732#msg283732 date=1281496351]

[/quote]

I moved to QLD in Jan 2001 and they were here then too but I think that they had only just started up not long before that.
[/quote]

Being a NSW based company they look to be trying to increase their share of the market in QLD, how could we help them with this ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6