Tooves on the telly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Phantar

Bencher
Hosed down reports about Cliffy and Bob Menzies joining on Channel 7, saying he wanted to keep experience around him and then played a straight bat to Weidler's questions on Channel 9.

Phantar said:
Hosed down reports about Cliffy and Bob Menzies joining on Channel 7, saying he wanted to keep experience around him and then played a straight bat to Weidler's questions on Channel 9.

That is just so wrong. Bob Menzies is a must.

• 👍
Reactions: ads
Nah Menzies will come in time and as for cliffy im not sure we need an inexperienced assistant also. Kelly egan will more than likely hang around as Des has Dymock.

All this garbage about ex players joining the coaching staff was a massive attempt to appease the angry fans by someone who is clutching at straws and out of favour with alot of people at the moment.

Tooves is the right bloke that will do for now

It certainly refutes our football club chairman assertion that he wanted Cliify and Beaver on board ( as per Manly Dialy quotes).

Seems Bob is still trying to stick his nose into the football dept, good on Tooves for making a clear statement that he will be choosing his support staff and not Bob Reilly.

This was just more populists statements from Bob in the hope it will get him a few votes at election.

I wouldn't rule anything out at this stage. Wouldn't surprise me to see David Penna or Luke Williamson promoted and Cliffy come in and do one of the lower sides as well as assisting first grade. I doubt the succession plan stopped at one position.

I am interested to hear what role Beaver would play? As stated elsewhere i could see him in some team manager role but not sure about the coaching aspect

For mind it was a name thrown into the mix to placate an angry supporter base.

lsz said:
I am interested to hear what role Beaver would play? As stated elsewhere i could see him in some team manager role but not sure about the coaching aspect

Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure him being back would placate the players as well. Just having the great man around the place and offering advice to players, let alone become a spearheard in the membership campaign. He'd be worth his weight in gold.

Besides the speculation of Tooves offsiders, thought he done a top job without going overboard. Not once did he appear out of his depth & wasn't prepared to jump the gun on anything as far away as 2013. His autheticity gave me a lift on my already growing confidence on what he will bring to the team & overall to the club.

Can a club which has such significant losses each year sustain a figurehead like beaver? (no matter how magnificent he would be!)

lsz said:

We could make him chairman of the leagues and football clubs?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6