Tooves has absolutely torn the refs a new one

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hello Cam, I went missing but was still reading because I was irritating too many on here so thought I'd drop off. I'm not into excuses and you win or you lose.

Managed to watch the game whilst overseas but missed all the subsequent reporting on the match.

Landed in Sydney this morning and priority number one was to check out Toovey's post match conference and my beloved forum.

Thought we got royally screwed watching the match and pleased that Toovey came out firing. Absolutely support his response. In Tooves we trust.

Life is good and can't wait for the semis. We will be ready.

Darren said:
Hello Cam, I went missing but was still reading because I was irritating too many on here so thought I'd drop off. I'm not into excuses and you win or you lose.

Lol thought you'd drop off while we win and drop back on when we lose ...

Funny how one of the most disliked players/coaches at the most disliked club has been pretty much roundly applauded and supported for his comments by all sections of media and fans (apart from a few Souths clowns and Greensnot). Thats because he is RIGHT.

Darren said:
Tooves reaction was the closure of us winning in 2013. He was clearly rattled and you can go on about passion but it was clear he is frustrated about losing again to a top team after being ahead and not scoring in the 2nd half. He is following the legacy of a multi winning coach in Des and like Price with Saints that is extremely tough to do. I'd very very surprised if we win the gf this year but will happily see this thread in September if we do win.

Kevin Keegan reaction is similar and they went from a probable win to crash and burn. Sir Alex Feguson grinned when he saw this and knew then he would win the title. Bet this made Bellamy/Slater/Smith and Cronk amused. :s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yenzdq5g6o

someone here has issues

Some very ordinary calls in Auckland today as well, Penrith 1st try was at least 3m forward

Just seen a text book sin bin by Cronk ignored as well. If you had a new ref and wanted an example of a professional foul, you would show this one but after viewing video they decided penalty only

Penalty count 10-2 against Melbourne so far today :eek:

I'm in shock

Yeah but when it got to 10 all with the Knights attacking they managed to find a Knights forward pass. Haven't been on the attack since & now its 17-10.

On FB it's manly grubs ,tooveys a whinger ,tooveys a baby bla bla this bla bla that ,because we are so hated as a club people will never admit it even if we are right .It's the world we live in as manly supporters ,we just have to forget about it and keep moving forward we know nothing ever gets done about it anyway.

At 10 all Cronk inexplicably not sent to sin bin for tackling Boyd without the ball. Even used a video replay to decide to do nothing. Few minutes later the unbinned Cronk sets up match winning try.

Storm vs Souths grand final is coming. Who do the referees support that day?

Brissie Kid said:
At 10 all Cronk inexplicably not sent to sin bin for tackling Boyd without the ball. Even used a video replay to decide to do nothing. Few minutes later the unbinned Cronk sets up match winning try.

Storm vs Souths grand final is coming. Who do the referees support that day?

Agree,
that no call was a b/s call.

Souths, Manly testing spirit of game
Date
August 18, 2013 - 5:00PM
Steve Jancetic

In handing down fines and suspensions, the NRL normally applies rules that are black and white - but in testing the spirit of the game on Friday night - Manly and South Sydney entered a realm which is all grey.

Players and officials from both sides face a nervous night waiting to discover whether they will be sanctioned by the league, with Rabbitohs prop Jeff Lima and Manly coach Geoff Toovey the men squarely in the firing line.

Sea Eagles back-rower Justin Horo will also come under scrutiny for a high tackle which felled Greg Inglis, though debate over that incident has settled firmly on whether the Rabbitohs star took a dive to earn his side a penalty.

Toovey may escape what many thought would be a mandatory $10,000 fine for his post-match rant, given the Sea Eagles mentor never questioned the integrity of the officials.

He labelled the Steve Matai no-try "ridiculous" and questioned whether the two whistleblowers were the best the game had to offer, but the impartiality of the referees was not seemingly an issue.

Rather, Toovey could be fined for commenting on an incident that was put on report - when he intimated Lima's leg twist on Anthony Watmough may have been a deliberate act given the Manly back-rower had made an earlier than expected return from a hyper-extended knee.

Coaches are not permitted to discuss incidents placed on report.

In normal circumstances, Lima's twisting action may have gone unnoticed, but given Watmough's history and the likelihood - according to Toovey - that he could be sidelined as a result of the action, the former Kiwi Test prop could be hit with a charge by the NRL match review committee.

Former Brisbane and Test hard man Gordon Tallis called for Lima to be hit with a stiff penalty - labelling it a worse offence than the squirrel grip that cost Sam Burgess a two-game ban.

Ex-players were also aggrieved following the hit which left Inglis on the ground, with Horo unlikely to cop a ban as a result.

Speaking on the Nine Network's The Footy Show, former Test captain Brad Fittler was adamant Inglis stayed down to attract a penalty "because the fact is all the players are doing it.

"As soon as they're getting touched around the head, they're all staying down," he said.

Fellow panellist Peter Sterling admitted it was impossible to judge whether a player was seriously hurt or not, but added: "It saddens me to think that many, many years ago, it was a badge of honour to not show that you were hurt.

"I would hate to think our game is deteriorating to the stage where players will stay down.

"I'm not saying Greg Inglis stayed down here at all, because you can't go into the intent of a player."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/breaking-news-sport/souths-manly-testing-spirit-of-game-20130818-2s4ta.html

Souths coach commented on Matai tackle on Burgess at Brookvale in the post game presser. No fine.

In the interest of player safety any player unable to regain his feet due to a head knock must be automatically & without exception be taken from the field to be assessed by a doctor for concussion & at the very least not be allowed back for 10 minutes. It should only be a free interchange if the doctor confirms the player can't come back due to concussion.

See how many stay down then.

What the hell did we do to test the spirit of the game. Were Manly players doing lat down dog acts. Were Manly players twisting players legs and ankles. All we did was have a coach who had the balls to stand up and say enough is enough, when is someone in authority going to protect the game from these grubby pathetic tactics. If Toovey gets fined for questioning the Lima tackle then there is no shadow of a doubt that this competition is rigged in Souths favour considering Maquires comments from the last game. That will be the proof that the NRL are manufacturing results.

Brissie Kid said:
In normal circumstances, Lima's twisting action may have gone unnoticed, but given Watmough's history and the likelihood - according to Toovey - that he could be sidelined as a result of the action, the former Kiwi Test prop could be hit with a charge by the NRL match review committee.

Maybe if everyone was as blind as the video refs...

winnyason said:
Any info on watmough
Sure:
Anthony Watmough (born 7 October 1983) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles club of the National Rugby League. An Australian international and New South Wales State of Origin representative forward, he has played his whole career to date with the Eagles, winning both the 2008 NRL Premiership and the 2011 NRL Premiership with them.
(that's from Wiki, there's more if you want)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
winnyason said:
Any info on watmough
Sure:
Anthony Watmough (born 7 October 1983) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles club of the National Rugby League. An Australian international and New South Wales State of Origin representative forward, he has played his whole career to date with the Eagles, winning both the 2008 NRL Premiership and the 2011 NRL Premiership with them.

Brooke said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
winnyason said:
Any info on watmough
Sure:
I am sure that is incorrect for his birthday. He just had it in July .

SeaEagleRock8 said:
winnyason said:
Any info on watmough
Sure:

You imbo lol :D:D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4