Tooves has absolutely torn the refs a new one

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Really ? is that all you have

Oh Berkeley - dude, pls, just stop. Grow up man. Your incessant snide remarks are so year 2000. Move on FFS. It's really just pathetic.

Let Darren have an opinion and thought without your hot, warm smell lingering around peoples noses.

I mean, after a loss, the 1st people think, is to post a thread of Darren & I? People need to get a life. Surely there's more to their existence than that. It's just really sad, for them.

And for the record, whilst we lost, like I said in another thread, it may have been the best thing for us, to keep us focused. I thought we were the better team.

voicefromthehill said:
I thought he was controlled - but you can be sure the NRL will try to find a way to fine him. I was hoping he was going to go off like I was last night - rum makes me mad......
Aah rum, wisdom in a bottle...

Moondog said:
voicefromthehill said:
I thought he was controlled - but you can be sure the NRL will try to find a way to fine him. I was hoping he was going to go off like I was last night - rum makes me mad......

But true understanding comes in the form of whiskey. The only time whiskey makes you mad is when you come to realise and understand that you have finished the whiskey and the bottle is empty.

Have just watched the presser. Steam coming out of the ears and bulging eyes. Spoke about what was wrong with the game and also gave some credit to Souths.
He's an emotional bloke who speaks his mind and puts it out there. Good on him.
Confirms for me what we already know. Tooves is 100% passionate about his team and club. Manly man through and through.
This guy will never try to rip the guts out of our club and leave us for a better offer. Glad he's our coach.

mozgrame said:
Moondog said:
voicefromthehill said:

But true understanding comes in the form of whiskey. The only time whiskey makes you mad is when you come to realise and understand that you have finished the whiskey and the bottle is empty.
I drink therefore I am...

Moondog said:
mozgrame said:
Moondog said:
voicefromthehill said:

When I drink, I am at one with the universe. The world is at peace and all is well. However...once I go to sleep you all seem to feck everything up in no time flat and I have to sort it all out again in the morning.

mozgrame said:
Moondog said:
mozgrame said:
Moondog said:
voicefromthehill said:

When I drink, I am at one with the universe. The world is at peace and all is well. However...once I go to sleep you all seem to feck everything up in no time flat and I have to sort it all out again in the morning.
I feel intravenous drinking while asleep may be the answer to this conundrum...

Moondog said:
mozgrame said:
Moondog said:
mozgrame said:
Moondog said:

I feel intravenous drinking while asleep may be the answer to this conundrum...

Agree. But who will be the guinea pig? Who will take this last giant step forward for the betterment of man? Who would be willing to forsake this so called "life" we imagine we are living from day to day, and truly immerse themselves in the wonder and exciting, giddiness of sleep drinking?

Corb Lund said it best in his song, Rye Whiskey. "If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck..I'd swim to the bottom and never come up". Perhaps Corb would look good with a drip?

Good on you @V.

I would have been more forthright if it was me. You were subdued in my opinion.

I wonder what would happen if the players just turned their backs on the refs when a bad call happens or mimic the 'your on report' gesture to the refs when they do something wrong?

Anyway it all comes back to the old rhyme "He's blind he's deaf he's gotta be a ref." Because anyone who can see would have given Matai a try.

It is good that 2v is firing up as maybe we need that us against the rest siege mentality to play our best.

Maybe we also need to look at our tactics and play like the grubs at souths and tell our players to lay down when they are grabbed around the head and try and get a penalty.

Goodwin should have been penalised for tackling killer around the head when he tried to score a try late on the game.

I'd much rather a passionate human being in charge of our team rather than some incoherent oddball ... oh, we had that.

worst thing is we didnt even get a penalty when 'GI' used his forearm on Matai's head when he scored that try.. sorry disallowed try.

Bull**** calls.

I thought we played the better football, especially in the first half. The Matai try was a try, as seen by everyone at the ground in the first frame shown on the big screen. Funny thing is, it wasn't shown again. On Toov's press conference. We can't a all be as cool as George Clooney, especially after a loss. I like Toovs, he's a Manly legend, has passion, does not like losing and along the way, has coached the team to third position, which is terrific. And attending up there with those toothless, hairy, dirty Souths fans was an effort, and all Manly fans who attended should be applauded. Very funny to hear some bogans yelling at us to "go back to Manly". Very ironic indeed.

BOZO said:
I can say this without getting a ten thousand dollar fine . The refs last night were incompetent, pathetic and f**king morons . They were a f**king disgrace .

Spot on.

I also think that it was both a well timed, and deserved blast.

Bennett is one coach who delivers a blast to referees timed to perfection and planned to benefit his team when they NEED it.

Whilst there was a lot of passion in this particular rant, I think there may well be a little bit of thought in the timing and delivery too..

Question is, how are the refs going to react to this, is it possible to screw us any further, maybe we are in for a record breaking penalty count against us in the coming weeks

I thought Tooves went easy on them. They were a disgrace, and how could the ref and the video ref not see that Matai scored that try. That decision turned the game. Go harder on the next time Tooves.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

DSM5 said:
Very funny to hear some bogans yelling at us to "go back to Manly". Very ironic indeed.

LOL. The toothless horde from Redfern wouldn't understand irony.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4