Tooves and Kelly go at it over Burgess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I heard Cherry-Evans is lost to us and will go to Gold Coast and Foran has one foot out the door because Joe Kelly negotiates like Ned Kelly. He's also losing admin staff who are not happy with the way things are being run. He's hired a henchman who I heard was sacked from the Panthers for being a bully and is continuing at the sea Eagles right where he left off. This could be a disastrous season for us if the he messes with the football dept who have delivered 10 years of success in a row

If this happened a lot of people ( me included) wouldn't be renewing our memberships, if that traitor is allowed back in the doors then it's " Sayonara" from me!!

There's many on here that love Zorba, so I'm expecting to be shot down as usual , but for Manly to really progress from the dim dark days of the past there's one more thing that has to happen, he either retires or dies!!
Zorba went to the superstore last week and it was closed. The young bloke working in there who wouldn't know what a director was let along who Zorba is and wouldn't let him in. The kid was sacked for it. Not the way I want this proud club to act.

Kelly has already said we won't keep both. I'd say Foz gone, DCE to stay. He's trying to recruit forward power but surely we can do better than Tom B.
I heard Cherry-Evans is lost to us and will go to Gold Coast and Foran has one foot out the door because Joe Kelly negotiates like Ned Kelly. He's also losing admin staff who are not happy with the way things are being run. He's hired a henchman who I heard was sacked from the Panthers for being a bully and is continuing at the sea Eagles right where he left off. This could be a disastrous season for us if the he messes with the football dept who have delivered 10 years of success in a row

Wrong club Mr Two posts.

DCE is going to the sharks and Foran is going to Parramatta.

It was Lyon and snake who are going to the gold coast

Last edited:
Wrong club Mr Two posts.

It was Lyon and snake who are going to the gold coast

Nah, done deals:
Foran to Roosters
Cherry to Broncos
Matai to Warriors
Snake to Raiders

And after all that Manly will still have an ageing roster and salary cap issues.

Happy new year all.

Zorba went to the superstore last week and it was closed. The young bloke working in there who wouldn't know what a director was let along who Zorba is and wouldn't let him in. The kid was sacked for it. Not the way I want this proud club to act.

I heard the same thing today.
In a Zorba run club i agree with Mark, I and my sponsor money and membership will be out if he goes for toovey and keeps this up. If he keeps going it will cost the Penns a lot of money they will need to cover the bottom line with.
Kaspersky are out next year. They wont renew while Zorba is on the board. There agreement ends at the end of this year. Thats 1 mil that needs to be found or the owner puts it in. Maybe Zorba can find that instead of undermining the coach.

Wrong club Mr Two posts.

It was Lyon and who are going to the gold coast
We'll see. Accord to my contacts DCE is not happy with his offer and has instructed his manager to find him another club and Gold Coast has made a generous offer that he is keen on. Lyon n snake we're going no where.

I heard the same thing today.
In a Zorba run club i agree with Mark, I and my sponsor money and membership will be out if he goes for toovey and keeps this up. If he keeps going it will cost the Penns a lot of money they will need to cover the bottom line with.
Kaspersky are out next year. They wont renew while Zorba is on the board. There agreement ends at the end of this year. Thats 1 mil that needs to be found or the owner puts it in. Maybe Zorba can find that instead of undermining the coach.
Zorba is not the problem with Kasperskey but you're right, they are moving on and with the loss of greg butterworth a replacement will be hard to find especially with a mismanaged admin staff. I think they're stuffing they whole thing up. The Penn's have done a lot of talking but haven't put any more money in. A submission was put in to the nrl for a $3mil loan but that won't last long the way the clubs being managed. Bring back dave perry I say.

Agreed. Tom is anything but average. He makes excellent metres, and scores tries (unlike the majority of our props - checks the stats!). He would be a good replacement for Willie, helping to provide Manly with a sizable go-forward pack. But he'd be very expensive.

i thought George was the quality one?

lsz is correct. Tom hasn't shown anywhere near the impact that George has. Not sure if he's had injury problems that have set him back or maybe he just doesn't have the mongrel/desire that George has. Still though he has the physical characteristics to be an excellent prop so he'd still be a good signing but only if the fight is lost with the halves.

We'll see. Accord to my contacts DCE is not happy with his offer and has instructed his manager to find him another club and Gold Coast has made a generous offer that he is keen on. Lyon n snake we're going no where.

Birdbrain do you also post under the name of lee Oudenryan on the OEE forum? Your commen ts about DCE was repeated there

The biggest scoop I could obtain was around Manly's Keiran Foran.Parramatta are making a massive play to obtain his services.In general Foran has disclosed that not only is he a massive fan of Brad Arthur but has also disclosed that for sometime he has also had alot of respect and time for Peter Sterling.Although all of this may be seen as a positive, what may stop the deal going the way Parra fans want is the dealings of Daly Cherry Evans.In what I've been told it appears he is more than likely to join the Gold Coast or Cronulla and that Manly may just have enough money then to keep Foran.My sauce and his exact words..."Foran is a big chance but if Cherry leaves money wise our deal will fall short".

Do we let DCE go and retain Foran?

So now we are looking to a rookie poster on the Eels forum for our latest gossip?

Isn't that what you would call "scraping the bottom of the barrel"...

School holidays haven't finished yet.

So now we are looking to a rookie poster on the Eels forum for our latest gossip?

Isn't that what you would call "scraping the bottom of the barrel"...

School holidays haven't finished yet.
Any Sea eagle supporter that lets their feathers get ruffled by a rookie poster and a ridiculous telegraph reporter must be out of their minds LOL

DCE and Foran are not priority for Joe Kelly. He thinks they'd take up too much of the cap. He believes you don't need superstar halves to win a comp, just a great forward pack. Souths lone premiership of the last 43 years has gone to his head.

Seems my info was right about Joke Kelly back in January. On sterlo tonight, DCE admitted that he was about to re-sign when Perry was sacked, then joke Kelly came in and significantly reduced the offer. Gone from premiers to laughing stock in four short years. I'm gutted.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4