Tooves' '96 Premiership ring

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thieves steal prized grand final ring in home robbery
February 12, 2016 4:17pm
Jon GeddesManly Daily

SEA Eagles legend and former coach Geoff Toovey has made an impassioned appeal for the return of his 1996 NRL premiership ring after it was stolen during a break-in at his Narrabeen home on Thursday.

The thief or thieves got away with jewellery, watches, earrings and rings belonging to Toovey, his daughter Georgia and a friend.

Toovey’s pushbike was taken from his garage and used to make a getaway after the robbery, which occurred sometime between 11am and 12.30pm. But the item that was most valuable to Toovey was the ring that he received after leading the Sea Eagles to their 20-8 grand final win over St George.

He also received the Clive Churchill Medal as man of the match in that game, which was played in front of 40,985 fans at the Sydney Football Stadium.

ebc7df7ba63b2d89706cd170da609561

1996 Optus Cup RL premiership ring.
While police said the ring had enormous sentimental value for Toovey, it has no monetary value because it cannot be sold.

“It’s not worth anything to anyone else, what are they going to do with it?” Toovey asked. “That is thing I really want back.”

v1

The ring is gold, featuring the words Optus Cup 1996 with the famous image of the gladiators Norm Provan and Arthur Summons in the middle.

Police say anyone with the ring can place it in an envelope and post it to Dee Why or Manly police station with no stamp required.

The robbery was another setback for Toovey, who was replaced as Sea Eagles first grade coach by Trent Barrett as part of the club’s revamp for the 2016 season.

I tell you what the thieves are lucky Tooves didn't catch them? He would have kicked the absolute pooh out of them.

This is really terrible. I hope he gets it back. There are some things that are just priceless, I can only imagine this is one.

And no-one has blamed Zorba or the Penns yet?

2V doesn't need a ring to know he is a Manly legend.

The prick that stole it deserves a front row seat at Brookie for the opener & the beating any ice addict druggo deserves for robbing people.

Crime in the Northern Beaches, targeted at 2V... I wonder where Habib the Chief Operating **** was today......

There's been a bit of a spree lately around here. I know a heap of cars on Ocean St were broken into.

More bad news for poor Tooves - he must've run over a Chinaman.

What a lowlife, especially to steal something so sentimental but of no monetary value :mad:

F@ckin junkie scum. Hope he ends up dead in a dumpster with a dirty needle hanging out of his arm.

And the fact it was a premiership ring.... not a burger ring.
News just in: a gentleman of Mediterranean appearance is helping NSW Police with their enquiries into the recent burglary of former Sea Eagles' coach Geoff Toovey's Narrabeen home.

Police suspicions were raised when they spotted the man pushing a bicycle up Wakehurst Parkway at Oxford Falls. Both tyres had blown and the bike's frame was structurally damaged as a result of the excessive weight the bike had struggled to support.

Nor could he explain why the contents of his backpack included jewellery and various other items.

The investigation continues.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8