1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too many weak links to win a comp

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by gotsy, Jul 20, 2015.

1. gotsy

gotsy Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    This year we have way too many weak links to win a como.

Hodges is useless. I have no idea why Matt Ballin doesn't play 80 minutes.

Luke Burgess is the weakest front rower in the comp. Considering his big size, he should be making way more metres and hitting much harder.

Peta Hiku is the worst defender in the comp. When he plays, more than 50% of the opposition tries are scored down his wing. Doesn't add a great deal in attack either.

Feleti Mateo is so inconsistent. Always wants to force that offload and half the time it backfires.

Willie Mason just too old and non impactive. Adds nothing to our team.

Toovey needs to go, looking forward to a new coach.

2. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    I think some fans, and players, got carried away with our victory over the Titans. Geez, even the Knights carved them up. The Titans put the cue in the rack a month ago. The fact of the matter is we can't compete with the good sides. We are so far away it is not funny. A finals match would be an embarrassment at this point. I don't think the forwards coming in next year are what we need, either. I hope Barrett has a good plan. As somebody has already mentioned, this team has a lot of holes in it, much more than what Myles, Lussick and Brown are going to fill. Matt Ballin, Stewart, Lyon and Matai will be a year older as well. Am I allowed to say that?

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 285
    No, because that's negative and you only are allowed to be positive after a loss.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nordburg

Nordburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +868 / 47
    Gavin Orr went off a bit early about Horo

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,025 / 96
    I think a new coach and coaching staff is the way to go. Some of our players need better coaching. You can see what Bennett has done with the broncos this year and robinson with the roosters. Very well coached sides with great defence. Defense wins matches. Not sure if Trent will be any good but i think a change will be good. Think myles will help sure up the ruck defense. Cant see him missing an easy one on one tackle like horo did tonight. Brown will also tighten up the defence. Korosiau will be good at hooker. Jamie Buhrer has been missed and can't wait to have him back in the 13. I see cutherson on the wing next year, hiku will be told to look elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,842 / 190
    Some of our players need better coaching ??? You must be joking . You cant coach donkeys to win a Melbourne cup . I have been a member of our proud club for many years and have seen forwards that have taken us into the top 8 the top 4 and have won premierships but who ever comes in to coach us next year will not be a success unless we get the broom out and clean the place up .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,025 / 96
    Would you send Hiku packing? Has talent and coached under someone like Bennett could see a much better player imo

8. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,842 / 190
    I was talking about the majority of our forward pack brother . You must remember 2V was the coach that turned Hiku into a NZ international

9. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    Friggin' Horo! I don't get it? There is a reason a team like Parramatta got rid of him...

10. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    Olsen Filipaina anyone????

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nordburg

Nordburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +868 / 47
    Horo only puts in around contract time

• Agree Agree x 1