Tony Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fro said:
Williams has the tools, theres no doubt of that, but just seems incapable of using them.

Maybe he just isnt a mongrel, all the good ones need a bit of asshole about them.

Too nice perhaps?

Maybe a visit to a head doctor too or a hypnotist might help to bring it out of him. He can be very damaging if he just ran hard to the opposition like he did to Grub Slater last year and Matty Bowen last week.

Yeah if someone can manage to "flip the switch" as someone put it earlier he could be anything.

Jethro said:
Fro said:
Williams has the tools, theres no doubt of that, but just seems incapable of using them.

Maybe he just isnt a mongrel, all the good ones need a bit of asshole about them.

Too nice perhaps?

Maybe a visit to a head doctor too or a hypnotist might help to bring it out of him. He can be very damaging if he just ran hard to the opposition like he did to Grub Slater last year and Matty Bowen last week.

Remember that Tony had no one else to pass to that night against Slater ;)

A superb effort by Tony then, but jeez last night a few times I wished he had been as committed and just ran straight and hard. Still he is a potentially great asset and is on the improve as others have noted.

If anyone can tune Tony up to full potential, it is Des and his team

they have had 3 years Greg, and he takes up a chunk of cap.

can only run on potential for so long....

our full stregth bench should look like this:
With Galuvou starting. Lastnight he was throwing himself at runners !

Buhrer
Rodney
Rose
Williams

Fro said:

Yes true Fro, this car might take Des 10 years to "tune up"

And with more important guys like Will Hoppa to sign, salary cap issues are paramount. On balance I guess this means Tony and Wolfie might have to go...love the Wolfman but the injury thing has been such a killer to his chances

I agree that Williams T could be anythign, but what might it cost us to tap into it?

Shame we cant keep em all, but I guess theres a lot of other clbus think ing the same.

Except Parra and nobody wants to go there anyway :)

brookiegreg said:
Fro said:

Yes true Fro, this car might take Des 10 years to "tune up"

And with more important guys like Will Hoppa to sign, salary cap issues are paramount. On balance I guess this means Tony and Wolfie might have to go...love the Wolfman but the injury thing has been such a killer to his chances

probably shouldnt have used it as a scooter for 2 years

brookiegreg said:
Jethro said:
Fro said:

Too nice perhaps?

Remember that Tony had no one else to pass to that night against Slater ;)

A superb effort by Tony then, but jeez last night a few times I wished he had been as committed and just ran straight and hard. Still he is a potentially great asset and is on the improve as others have noted.

If anyone can tune Tony up to full potential, it is Des and his team

maybe it was the wet ground last night that bogged him down abit so he couldn`t get going like he would have on a dry ground.. takes hima bit to hits full speed on a dry ground.. imagine in that bog last night.. he`d be sinking.. lol

T-Rex will be a game breaker, he still is only young and obviously hasn't developed as quick as others. He will be one of the great impact players, that I have no doubt and I would prefer that is with Manly!!! The amount of quality NRL players he has run over or smashed in a tackle far outweighs the RL errors of judgment he has made. These errors will drop and the "non fans" will change their tune!!
GO T-REX!!!

No way rodney would be in full strength 17. Hes a poor mans ferris buhrer buhrer.And seu seu isnt in our top 20!
And cant believe people are leaving smokin joe out of the starting line up! What games have they been watching?
My bench- ferris,Trex,georgie,Harrison

At the moment the bench is the best spot for him and that is the problem. For the money he is reportedly on he should be one of the first picked in our starting side every week. Not wanting to have a go at the bloke but the club could really use a slice of his salary to keep the likes of Hoppa et al in the maroon and white beyond 2011

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2