Tony Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
It is common knowledge I dont have a huge wrap on this bloke as yet(which means he will be another Foran) but looking at our side tonight I think he definitely needs to be in our best side on the bench(not 3/4 line).Robinson and Mauro get the job done but don't have any real X Factor that a good bench needs.Wolf is going to have to play reserves for a while and doesnt provide the variety needed to be a utility so big Tony should hold down his spot at this stage.Nice pass tonight for a try and one bad one over the touchline but he did provide the raiders with something to think about 2 off the ruck.

Bench should be Rose,Williams,Gnuluvua and Seu Seu with Buehrer in run on side.

I don't want Terry Terry anywhere near our top 17, waste of a bench spot IMO. T-Rex is definitely another Iro, if only Des could work out how to flick his switch he'd be a massive asset. I see him as a Frank Pritchard type, but unfortunately he is equally as mercurial at the moment.

My problem with Williams is he does the very occasional good thing but intersperses it with a lot of rubbish. Late in the Cowboys game he made a great break and ran hard. When he came on tonight in very slippery conditions against a fatigued side, I thought he was going to monster them. But he was very meek and made some ordinary errors.

I agree about him having an X factor, but hopefully he can get some of the Z stuff out of his game.

yep.the offload to choc to do the hard run tonight reeks of a bloke who lacks confidence in himself.find the key and he will be a useful proposition in the utility role.beyond me why he lacks confidence,maybe just that is his personality.

His running isn't his great x factor he could provide. Its his offloads. I think we look dynamic against a retreating defensive line and a good T-Rex offload is potentially a big weapon for us. Lets just hope he finds that consistency because he's playing for his future at our club.

There were some positive signs there tonight, nice offload and a great fast play the ball. Would like to see him keep it tucked under the wing at times instead of always looking for the offload.

People are very hard on the guy, he has improved out of sight from his first season with us, and while he is not always 'on song' he seems to be less lost, and more engaged in the game now. When he is on I wait for the big hit, the big run or the moment of brilliance, once I waited for the big mistake, the slow defense and the inevitable dropped ball.

Matabele said:
When he came on tonight in very slippery conditions against a fatigued side, I thought he was going to monster them. But he was very meek and made some ordinary errors.
I too was expecting him to monster them but was disappointing, as usual. I wish he'd play to his full potential.

Chip and Chase said:
I don't want Terry Terry anywhere near our top 17, waste of a bench spot IMO. T-Rex is definitely another Iro, if only Des could work out how to flick his switch he'd be a massive asset. I see him as a Frank Pritchard type, but unfortunately he is equally as mercurial at the moment.

With due respect because you seem like one of the enlightened ones here

Vic Mauro wastes a spot on the bench with VERY limited minutes,Seu Seu adds another level of "Oh ****" to the opposition teams at the 60 minute mark,Vic comes on at the 75minute mark and the opposition go "Who the **** is this bloke and why is he so damned clean?",He makes a few tackles and does a few hitups,Seu Seu bursts from dummy half and makes metres with the ability to offload and pass at the line to a quicker bloke setting up more points on the board if executed to perfection

Seu Seu bursts from dummy half and makes metres with the ability to offload and pass at the line to a quicker bloke setting up more points on the board if executed to perfection

When did this ever happen ?

you seem like one of the enlightened ones here

There goes the last shreds of my credibility... a Shane endorsement

Chip and Chase said:
Seu Seu bursts from dummy half and makes metres with the ability to offload and pass at the line to a quicker bloke setting up more points on the board if executed to perfection

When did this ever happen ?

you seem like one of the enlightened ones here

There goes the last shreds of my credibility... a Shane endorsement

Seu Seu has really only had one really good game for us and that was the final against the Dragons last year. I was previously concerned about Ballin in that he was struggling towards the backend of last year after playing 80 minutes every game after a tough season and I thought he needed the help to get through the year but a few things have changed. The change in the ruck rule means dummy half running isn't anywhere near as prevelant and our style of attack is such that it really isn't that important for us. I'm pretty confident baring injury that Ballin can now run out the 80 minutes each week fairly effectively with his sole role being to distribute and tackle which makes Seu Seu a bit of a waste on the bench, especially since he can't really offer that much with the new ruck rules.

Full strength, I like:-

08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Tony Williams

Williams has the tools, theres no doubt of that, but just seems incapable of using them.

Maybe he just isnt a mongrel, all the good ones need a bit of asshole about them.

Too nice perhaps?

The Wheel said:
Shane Rodney wont get back in now

That's a premature statement. All it takes is one blinder on the same week someone suffers an injury. That's how quickly things can change in the reality that is professional sport.

Ryan said:
Full strength, I like:-

08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Tony Williams