Tony Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Back on topic though. Is that the Kiwi Eagle from here, over at LU stirring up the Slime supporters with the story about Tony Williams being re-signed with Grothe going to the UK ?

MNF is posting under Kiwi_Eagle_JS, seems like the biggest sh!t stirrer ever.
Look at his original post and this he put on the website, the writing style is the same (ie, no spaces after comma or full stop)

Originally Posted by Kiwi Eagle _JS
Guys I'm with the cardinal here I have it on good authority that Eric Grothe will be released to the ESL and Williams will be resigned with the extra cash,stay tuned it was meant to be released today,but they did not want to disrupt Tony's First grade debut.The deal has already been done they only need Fitz to come back to big note himself,and he flies in tommorrow morning.It will be annouced after the game.As for Eric I understand he will be signing with CATALAN along with Steve Bell.

Havnt seen the parra supporters this worked up sime the JL issue.

I gues there is some level of entertainment with it being on the eels forum.

Not so much when its done here by MNF.  :p  The Sewerage Differentiator is on high alert.

Bradza link said:
Legal row brewing over
By Josh Massoud

June 06, 2008 12:00am

FURIOUS Canberra officials are preparing to legally challenge the NRL's player transfer rules after 2009 recruit Nathan Smith became the latest star to renege.

Just a week after Panthers playmaker Luke Lewis exploited the NRL loophole to get out of a deal with Souths, teammate Smith last night followed suit by backflipping on his three-year deal with the Raiders.

Smith agreed to terms with Canberra on April 29, but was reluctant to leave Penrith and only agreed to do so because the Raiders offered $50,000 more per season.

After witnessing Lewis's reversal seven days ago, he approached Penrith officials earlier this week to reaffirm his desire to stay.

Having been unable to secure a replacement back-rower, CEO Mick Leary and coach Matt Elliott agreed to match Canberra's $200,000-a-year offer.

Smith wanted to re-sign with Penrith for a further three years last night, but legal threats from ropeable Raiders boss Don Furner prevented the extension from being rubber-stamped.

Under the new NRL rules, the current club has until Tuesday morning to make a counter offer to any contracted players who are committed elsewhere for next season.

While the Panthers and Smith have done nothing illegal under the rules, Furner yesterday obtained legal advice that suggests the law can be challenged because it induces players to breach contracts.

Smith's agent Sam Ayoub lamented the debacle last night. After Furner threatened to sue his client for breach of contract, Ayoub sought a guarantee from Penrith that the club would indemnify Smith against any legal action.

Leary could not provide sucha guarantee but has promisedto meet NRL CEO David Gallop today.

\"It's unbelievable,'' Ayoub said. \"The NRL creates these ridiculous laws but then when the s..t hits the fan it's the player who can be sued because he's the one that is party to the contract.''

Furner could not be contacted for comment.

Canberra should be happy getting rid of that nuffy, someone had a rush of blood when they were offering him a contract that big.

For what its worth Riolo (his manager) was in the daily today saying he would drive Williams to brookie himself...

I am going to watch the Slime tonight - free tickets - with a friend. Will keep on eye on this guy and give a report on his form.

Gee he is a big unit and had a pretty solid debut. Made a couple of good runs, one in particular where he gave about 4 big don't argues in a row. Didn't really get tested in defence at any stage, although I think they scored off a little kick in behind him from memory.

Are we planning on using him as a winger do you reckon ?? We are pretty flush in that department with Robbo, Bani and Williams. Anyway he looked likely on tonights performance, and was keen to get involved as well which is a good sign for a youngster.

176 metres
1 tackles
1 missed tackle
8 tackle breaks
1 offload
14 partial tackle breaks
and topped the most runs with 18.

Definatly seems a handful based on the stats.

extra soft on points, you should have realised that part of his probation was he wasn't allowed to leave the state :)

I was at the Parra game and thought that Williams had a very solid debut. He was sound defensively and saved one certain try by hammering Goodwin when he was miles outside him but tried to step back inside. He was solid under the high ball. Interestingly for a lot of the second half he came into left centre and Inu went back to wing. It was Inu who turned slowly, failing to stop the second try. His running was senstational and he beat the first tackler every time. Loads of potential and now I know why Parra are spewing. Reminds me of a young Hoppa but even better!!

Agreed with everything said about his debut, BUT he did show glimpses of the laziness Parra fans are going on about. Hopefully Des can work it out of his game during the off season.

Otherwise, he looked awesome. Have him off the bench as a backrower to start with and if injury and Origin strikes (like it is at the moment), he can play in the backs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6