1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Williams Warns Tigers

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by King, Mar 13, 2010.

1. King

King Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 3
    12 Mar 10 @ 05:13pm by JASON AVEDISSIAN

GIANT Manly centre Tony Williams has warned the Tigers he is looking to repeat one of the most explosive tries of the 2009 season when the Sea Eagles kick-off their NRL campaign on Monday night.

Williams scored one of the most damaging individual tries last winter when he steamrolled over six Tigers in a devastating 35m run to the line.

It was one of the few highlights of Williams’ debut season at the Sea Eagles, with the Eels junior spending most of the year in the Queensland Cup.

But now the 21-year-old has enjoyed an injury-free pre-season and is ready to again torment the Tigers at the Sydney Football Stadium on Monday night.

“When I look back on it (that try), I just wish I could put my head down and do stuff like that all the time,” Williams told The Manly Daily on Friday.

“I want to try and player harder and do that as much as I possibly can this year, big plays like that.

“It was a disappointing season (last year) and it wasn’t helped with injuries. I’m starting from scratch now and hopefully will have a big year.”

Manly coach Des Hasler said he had no hesitation about promoting Williams into the unfamiliar role in the centres.

The youngster did play there during his Toyota Cup days at Parramatta, but Hasler now believes he can transfer his skills into the NRL.

“He’s been training really well and all aspects of his game are coming together,” the coach said.

“He’s had as good a preparation as anyone and is looking good.

“He wouldn’t have been happy with where he finished in reserve grade (last year), but he can hold down a full-time spot now, that’s what he’s got to do.

“There’s plenty of competition there. Ben Farrar is not far away and he’s a contender too.”

Williams said facing the light-footed Tigers’ backs will be a genuine challenge for him and his Manly mates.

“They always play a fast-paced game,” Williams said. “I’m up-against Chris Lawrence and he’s really a fast player. I have to adapt to that. It’s a privilege for me personally to get a start.”

2. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Hey I'm a bit suss about his ability but I hope he does well and proves me wrong.

3. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    That Tiges try was his only moment of note last year. A repeat would be great.

4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Articles >> submit article

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    Talk is cheap.

6. King

King Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 3
    Sorry Dan, i wasn't sure how. My bad.

7. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    How much do we get paid for submitting articles?

8. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Free love

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Ryan, the new DSM5.

10. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    The same as you get paid for posting in the forum

11. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Like I said, free love

12. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Actually Ryan, that's not fair on DSM, He gave Orford a few years before he stuck the boot in.  Your boots so far up Big Tony's rear end already I guess we'll see you dragged around the SFS on Monday night.  

13. Jethro

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Why are you talking in the third person DSM? Or has somebody hijacked your account?

14. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I've become a split personality Jethro. 

15. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    At his age the lapse into total senility is a swift and deadly incline.

16. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I wouldn't know Matas, and neither would he. 

17. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Hence why Mata is telling you.

He remembers when he went through the same thing many years ago

18. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    One of the dangers of trying to run two pseudonyms on the one forum. Now that you have tripped yourself up you might as well come clean and reveal your other personality. Did they like Orford ??

19. Jethro

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    One of the dangers of trying to run two pseudonyms on the one forum. Now that you have tripped yourself up you might as well come clean and reveal your other personality. Did they like Orford ??
    [/quote]

LOL, I didn't think about the two pseudonym bit.  It would certainly explain the talking in the third person.

[​IMG] Naughty, naughty DSM if it is true.

20. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    [/quote]

It seems we have been exposed