Tony Williams takes early guilty plea

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brissie Kid said:
Joke. No one got hurt. They punished him for what might have happened, not what did happen. Doesn't happen in the real world judiciary.

Mate if you shoot at someone in the "real world" you don't get charged with discharging a firearm in public, you get charged with attempted murder. Just because you miss doesn't lessen the intent.

If this had happened to one of our players i would have been interested to see the reaction

Regardless of the if's and buts, an extra 3 weeks to challenge is the real issue here, If he gets a grade 1 and challenges and loses he gets 1 extra week, but because the charge is larger so are the repercussions if he fails. I dont see why the NRL are more put out by the challenge from 1 issue to the next

This is a terrible decision for RL . A careless action can attract more than a quarter of a season . Shouldn't darrell williams be part of the defence team or is he still part of the judiciary

If in the end the NRL just want a consistent outcome fair , why are different penalties leveraged against different charges when contesting. Forcing clubs hands to not help them achieve the correct outcome is an absurd action. Do they honestly believe they get it right 100%, figures suggest they do NOT

jbb/james said:
Regardless of the if's and buts, an extra 3 weeks to challenge is the real issue here, If he gets a grade 1 and challenges and loses he gets 1 extra week, but because the charge is larger so are the repercussions if he fails. I dont see why the NRL are more put out by the challenge from 1 issue to the next

This is a terrible decision for RL . A careless action can attract more than a quarter of a season . Shouldn't darrell williams be part of the defence team or is he still part of the judiciary

Agree. A failed challenge attempt should attract the same extension no matter if you are defending a trip, or a deliberate head high. I don't think the original grading should have anything to do with it.

7 weeks is surely over the top considering Princess Farrah speared Hornby into the ground & only got 2 weeks! :mad:

So does the Representative weekend count as a week then (back for clash against the Broncos) or is it 7 rounds (back for clash against the Chooks)?

Chip and Chase said:
Brissie Kid said:
Joke. No one got hurt. They punished him for what might have happened, not what did happen. Doesn't happen in the real world judiciary.

Mate if you shoot at someone in the "real world" you don't get charged with discharging a firearm in public, you get charged with attempted murder. Just because you miss doesn't lessen the intent.

You view the tackle as firing the gun and missing. In my view all he did was carry the gun.

Even if they challenged and it got dropped to a grade 3 TRex still wouldve copped about 5-6 weeks as there wouldnt be any discount for an early plea so there was no choice but to take the 7 and not risk 10.

I am not clear why the 4 Nations charge got him an additional 20% loading.

Aren't Rep Games played under International Rules, therefore a different Judiciary System etc?

But the damage is done, lets hope Manly find a way to keep him fit as 7 weeks is a huge downtime if you have no injury.

I think the reason it wasn't challenged is that if T-rex lost his case he'd miss SOO. I think Tony desparately wants to play SOO, but 7 weeks is a joke.

Aren't Rep Games played under International Rules, therefore a different Judiciary System etc?
[/quote]

Not if you play for Manly

we wont see him play for us till rd 12 as well because he will be selected for NSW and will have to sit out that game too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqXtJzB9fHg

This is the link to the youtube video of the tackle. Have a look at some of the comments, there is some pretty nasty stuff directed at T-rex.

Brissie Kid said:
Chip and Chase said:
Brissie Kid said:

You view the tackle as firing the gun and missing. In my view all he did was carry the gun.

Still gets charged then

I guess as a club it is time we stopped whinging and copped it on the chin. But FMD I feel seriously ripped off. Watching it again it is ugly. I still thought and do think the way De Gois twisted caused the end result. How that should be a grade 4 defeats me. T-Rex will have to modify his tackling technique. He's been on report for lazy loose arms around the head a number of times and treating players like rag dolls, although great to watch, is going to obviously be dealt harshly. 7 weeks! - still can't get over it. Come back bigger and better Tony.

Brissie Kid said:
Chip and Chase said:
Brissie Kid said:

LOL. It just discharged on it's own your honour. Honestly I never touched the trigger.

You're not a lawyer by any chance are you ??

All I am saying is he should have been suspended based upon the tackle as it was. Not what MIGHT have happened if he MIGHT have landed De Gois in a different position. Hornby thanks to Farah hit the ground more dangerously than what T-Rex did to de Gois.

Big loss for us. I thought it was worth 4 weeks at the most. Oh well, time for me to move on, and, i will look forward to seeing Buhrer get some quality game time.

dowdz said:
Big loss for us. I thought it was worth 4 weeks at the most. Oh well, time for me to move on, and, i will look forward to seeing Buhrer get some quality game time.

Indeed in Buhrer we trust!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6