Tony Williams DUI

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=183001.msg259029#msg259029 date=1271146205]
Des' punishment for him will be a days running up and down the sandhills at Palm beach.  He won't drink for a long time after that. 

Whare is not ready for Fg yet - young hoppa will be on the wing.  Looking forward to that after what Foran and Hodkinson have shown this year. 

Whare is not ready but Hoppa is? Hoppa is far from dominating in the under 20's, last week i saw the last 60 minutes and he wasnt in our top 10 best players.

His last 20 minutes in the tigeers and eels games was also quiet so it looks like he hasnt got the fitness to go hard for 80 minutes of 20's. give him abother 5 rounds to get his fitness up at a minimum but even then at 17 I wouldnt play him.
[/quote]

Seeing that he has trained with the full time squad for the past two seasons he would have the fitness to last 80 minutes on the wing in first grade.

He appears to be physically stronger and bigger than Whare and more likely to handle firsts. 

What is the alternative winger or back from the sunshine coast team?  Dennis Sandow, Michael Chapman, Mark Page, Filinga Filiga or Zane Mc Carthy? 

Just watched the NSW Cup with the Storm up against the Tigers.  The Storm Cup players, who I presume are there reserve players, were very poor. 

I can understand people accidentally slipping over 0.05, especially  when they are tired/dehydrated/haven't eaten/are small etc.

However this guy is an absolute beast an also an athlete and he was way over.  So he is a bloody idiot.  

Goldie link said:
Manly winger Tony Williams is facing a possible suspension from the NRL club after being charged with drink-driving early Monday morning.

Williams was charged with mid-range drink-driving after allegedly blowing 0.106 - more than twice the legal limit - when pulled over on the Cumberland Highway in Smithfield at 3am on Tuesday morning.

Williams' licence was immediately suspended and he will face Fairfield Local Court on May 3.

Dammit.
Yea, and the Sea Eagles as a whole were going so well this year, especially off the field.

Slipping just over 0.05 is probably done by hundreds of drivers each week and would be a minor indiscretion for mine.
But 0.106 is freakin' stupid.
That's almost inexcusable for any top grade popular sports players.

He'd better get the message of just what wide-reaching effects his decision that morning has resulted in.

Let's hope he & the team can leave all that cr*p off the field once the whistle blows for the start of the next several games!

The question will be how does he get to Narrabeen in the future, I think he still lives in the Golden West, it is a long way to Narrabeen by public transport.

He can share a bedroom with Joe at Crushers house.

I think we need to remember that he is only 20 and as has been said what were any of us like at 20, let alone 20 odd years later.

As for his role model status I cant wait for a DUI offender to use the Tony Williams, Todd Carney etc defence in court, "I only did it because my favourite footy player did it".

Lowe just said on 2ky that Trex gets in **** 1 more time his contract is gone & they have suggested to him to live on the northernbeaches instead of liverpool, also isn't  he a p plater ?

forget about thE DUI ... the courts will handle that. Its the being 0.106 at 3am that is the issue for the Club. As much as I would love him to line against the storm they have to say this is a suspension offence.Otherwise it could lead to longer term pain. I can have a few beers and still be under 0.05 but you have to be in control of your own actions .. he obviously was not!!

you really do have to wonder about the IQ level of some of the players.
i know there footballers, but ffs how dumb are they
also it take's me a good 5 to 6 days to get over a big night on the piss. so it must at least affect there training for 3 to 4 days which would effect there game day performance.  :mad: really give's me ths ****s.

Whilst I agree he is stupid etc.

.106 doesnt necessarily mean a big night in the piss. I thought I was right to drive when I was done years ago, I was .088.

Even the cop who was charging me tested me twice at the police station as he couldnt believe I blew that high.

Still no excuse and if in doubt dont drive but just saying that .106 doesnt mean the guy was plastered and that it would have affected him for days.

if a man his size (huge :)) blow 0.106 the next morning (mind you, i don't no what time of day it was but the way it read in the media it was morning) he has had a fairly big night.

inside pass link said:
also it take's me a good 5 to 6 days to get over a big night on the piss. so it must at least affect there training for 3 to 4 days which would effect there game day performance.  :mad: really give's me ths S**ts.
Your fears are baseless, calves blood washes away the effects of alcohol in record time. As for T-Rex, Des should keep the GPS attached to him 24/7 so we know when he is heading in the wrong direction.

inside pass link said:
also it take's me a good 5 to 6 days to get over a big night on the piss. so it must at least affect there training for 3 to 4 days which would effect there game day performance.  :mad: really give's me ths S**ts.

When i was 20 i spent 3 months on a working holiday in malaysia. We would finish at 5, be in town by 6 and got home at 1am pretty much every week night. Up at 6am to train not a problem. Weekends were constant benders. Came home lean and mean and have never been fitter in my life.

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=inside pass link=topic=183001.msg259221#msg259221 date=1271306713]

When i was 20 i spent 3 months on a working holiday in malaysia. We would finish at 5, be in town by 6 and got home at 1am pretty much every week night. Up at 6am to train not a problem. Weekends were constant benders. Came home lean and mean and have never been fitter in my life.

[/quote]lol i forgot to mention that i can't handle my piss to well. :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6