Tony williams bashers.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mr seagles link said:
trex going to parra.....fact

Again, would you like to put something on it ? Or will you avoid replying to this like all the other times you know you are spouting crap ?

I don't class myself as a Trex basher, but he frustrates me with his inconsistency. Yes he scores some great tries, but then he'll run across field or stop when he hits the line at halfpace etc. I believe he has a spot in our side but for God's sake RUN HARD!!!!!

If T-Rex played like he did last night, week in week out, we'd be in better shape. Hopefully he can take this form into the finals, but I doubt it. In the battle between T-Rex and The Beast.. T-Rex won. More in importantly, so did Manly.

blitzkrieg link said:
I don't class myself as a Trex basher, but he frustrates me with his inconsistency. Yes he scores some great tries, but then he'll run across field or stop when he hits the line at halfpace etc. I believe he has a spot in our side but for God's sake RUN HARD!!!!!

Totally agree, 100%!

You performance is not only based on how many tries you score in a game but based on your defense, attitude and ability to set up chances for your inside and outside men. You look at manu when he makes those runs from dummy half to give the side abit of momotium but also is there in support or is running through holes.

T-rex does not run through holes and doesnot have any quick play the balls and has let in as many tries in this year then he has scored.

What i would to see from T-rex is a better attitude,quick play the balls like matai and to run forward instead running side ways. i want to see him consistant for 80mins not 1 good run and then another good support run.that does not make a good player. I could stand on the wing and wait for someone to through me the ball

As of Oldfield. He is going to be a great player for us. We can not loose another young up and comer.

time to let the older players go and go with the future stars.

Scoring tries does not necessarily make you a good winger - Scott Donald was our top try scorer for a number of years, nuff said.

Playing outside Lyon i think any winger in the comp would have scored a lot this season.

I agree with the last 3 posts.

I'd probably be considered as a T-Rex basher, but not because I don't think he has ability and not because I don't think he can't win us games. It is infuriating to see a guy his size run sideways when we are in our own 20.

Wolfman is an absolute certainty to come back if Des wants a winger who will try hard and give it his all every game. If Des would prefer a lumbering, intimidating looking, slow ball catcher he'll stick with Tony.

Not true KE. All he has to do is put in 100% effort every game (or almost every game if that is too unreasonable) and I will be silenced.
I'll say it again, when someone wears a Manly jersey all I expect of them is to try their hardest. When Tony does this you'll see me sing a different tune.

codewana link said:
Not true KE. All he has to do is put in 100% effort every game (or almost every game if that is too unreasonable) and I will be silenced.
I'll say it again, when someone wears a Manly jersey all I expect of them is to try their hardest. When Tony does this you'll see me sing a different tune.

Couldnt agree more than that.

all he has to do is out run the props for hit ups, second rowers for second phase play, hooker for tackles, half back for kicks, 5/8 for try assists and full back for bomb taking.

piece of piss really

Kiwi Eagle link said:
It may be easier for some to write

\"Whatever Williams does, it will never be good enough\"

EXACTLY!

His involvement in general play is the way it is because that's what he is coached to do.  I wish some of the people here had seen him playing at 5/8 in the last half dozen rounds of the Q-Cup last year, including the Grand Final win.  Opposition didn't know what hit them.

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184793.msg286636#msg286636 date=1282447321]
It may be easier for some to write

\"Whatever Williams does, it will never be good enough\"

EXACTLY!

His involvement in general play is the way it is because that's what he is coached to do.  I wish some of the people here had seen him playing at 5/8 in the last half dozen rounds of the Q-Cup last year, including the Grand Final win.  Opposition didn't know what hit them.
[/quote]

I know what hit them a 115kg Tongan Monster

codewana link said:

We read all week Tony should be dropped, he is not NRL standard, will be no match for Vatuvei etc

Last night he scores 2, makes no errors, no tries are scored down his side of the park, and he played his part in shutting down the NRLs most dangerous winger

Yet people still aren't happy

Its called trying to save face.

I noticed Glen Stewart fell off another tackle for a try ( has to be 3 from the last 4 games) and gave away his usual penalty.

Following Watmoughs footsteps

Fluffy link said:
Its called trying to save face.

I noticed Glen Stewart fell off another tackle for a try ( has to be 3 from the last 4 games) and gave away his usual penalty.

Following Watmoughs footsteps
Glen did miss that tackle that led to a try, but he was probably our best against the Warriors. His form hasn't been up to his usual standard, but last night he seemed to play a 5/8 role and run and distributed well.
As for T-Rex: he touched the ball once only in the first 10 minutes, and doesn't go looking for work. If that is the way he is being coached I'm amazed. However, when he did get involved he played very well. He is excellent under the high ball, and clearly outpointed The Beast. What frustrates me, and many other posters, is that he doesn't seem to want to help the forwards run the ball out from tough spots. He is the biggest unit we have, and we all hope that he takes it upon himself to go looking for the ball. We need him more than ever to fire, with our forwards down on troops. He has so much more abaility than Hoppa Snr had, yet I'd reckon 90% of Manly fans would want Hoppa Snr on the wing than T-Rex because he always had a dig.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2