Tonight's Meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
Incumbents all returned :)

I got Cliffy's autograph, yet again :angel:

I love Manly :heart:

Votes will be posted later, but Cliffy got the most - I said you got one vote for each of the 199 tries you set up - he loved that and I got a kiss :angel:

Ripped off! You should have gotten 199 kisses!!!

HappilyManly said:
tookey said:
What did 2v say about Hayne?

That he is now retired.

Why wouldn't he retire? After the grand final, I'm sure he retired a wealthy man.

edit: Had the email announcing the results when I got up. Nice of them to do. Good result I think.

Maybe now they can get to my email of 2 weeks ago.

What was telling, was when they read out the name with the proxies, the Incumbents had about 4 people with 90+.

For the 'Your Team' Ticket, Krilich had 150 and The Drip and Ray Brown had only 3 each :cool:

So Incumbents started the vote leading by 60, which was all then held out the back for minority who hadn't posted a proxy, and finished about 40 ahead across the challengers' Ticket.

There were about 150 present, but there was no discord as the normal AGM matters were read out and 2v, Perry and Sibraa sumarized the Season.

I am hoping that there will be minimal media attacks by the losers.
But Reilly is ready and relaxed now that the Members, unequivocally gave him, and his Board the support :angel:

Manly members back current district club directors
December 19, 2013 - 10:40PM Adrian Proszenko

The incumbent Manly board has been backed at the ballot box in a move which could hasten the buyout of the rival Penn faction.

Members voted to retain current district club directors Bob Reilly, Cliff Lyons, Darrell Williams, Bob Stevenson, Chris Jones and Rory Muscat at the board election at the chairman's lounge at Brookvale Oval on Thursday night.

"It's now about putting back up those fences that have been torn down during this election campaign," said district club chairman Reilly.

"Everyone can now pull together to ensure this club remains great and strong."

The result is significant to the football team as two of the successful directors will join the Sea Eagles board.:)huh: This has always been the case - so its status quo)

The vote of confidence comes after yet another playoff appearance, this time a grand final loss to the Roosters, and the return of a profit for the first time in 35 years.

The count was taken after coach Geoff Toovey gave members an update on the team, while Sea Eagles boss David Perry updated attendees on developments off the field.

The ballot pitted some of the most influential figures on the northern beaches against each other but there are now hopes of peace at Brookvale.

Manly chairman Scott Penn has previously outlined his desire to sell his stake in the the club but it's believed he was waiting for the outcome of Thursday's, vote which could have given his faction control of the Sea Eagles.

But the defeat could hasten buyout talks, with some officials hopeful of a deal early in the new year.

The incumbent board enjoyed the public support of former players Fred Jones, Terry Randall and Mal Cochrane.

Others backing them at the ballot include author Thomas Keneally, Manly backer Max Delmege, former coach and CEO Graham Lowe, actor Simon Westaway, Eagles Angel Nici Andronicus and media personalities Grant Goldman and Wendy Harmer.

The coaching and playing staff have been unaffected by the tumult in the boardroom and can claim to be the most dominant club over the past decade ahead of arch rivals Melbourne.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-members-back-current-district-club-directors-20131219-2zobb.html#ixzz2nxLIy5Xr

bones said:
Chip and Chase said:
Dan said:
I've decided to put in a "rebel" ticket for next AGM. I am still waiting for Mark Hammil and Carrie Fisher to get back to me though, because at the moment it seems that they are busy with other alliance based activities.

If you can get chewbacca on board then you've got my vote.

Chewbacca would have a bit to learn. He is still a Wookiee.

Wookie_424237_2411076.jpg

Dan said:
I've decided to put in a "rebel" ticket for next AGM. I am still waiting for Mark Hammil and Carrie Fisher to get back to me though, because at the moment it seems that they are busy with other alliance based activities.

Does that mean that MWTS get to use the Millenium Falcon for their trips?

My take on the AGM, done from memory and also how I perceived the comments, so happy to be corrected.

Arrived to find a full house and Bob Reilly looking nervous and sweat pouring out of him. Meeting opened, a minutes silence for Mouse, Jim peebles and Bill Lloyd.

Tooves was first up;
- a good season, shouldnt lose a GF when you are up 18 to 8
- Respects paid to Joe, Kite, Rose for the contibution
- Acknowledge lack of dept in backs in 2013, the forwards dept is his worry next year
- Called out Lawrence & Horo for their efforts
- Looking forward to 2014 - look out for Blair, Berryman and some young bloke from Penriff - expects to see him in NRL at some stage.
- Jake and Gutherson probably wont hit NRL until 2015
- King possible for Round 1, Richie F cleared of neck injury possible Round 1 as well depending on Integrity commision outcome
- Doesn't care much about the 9s, you need 14 of top 25 in the squad with one of them being one in your top 5 palyers

Perry
- only 3 clubs made a profit in 2013, we made $40K
- merchandising up 30% sponsorship up 8%, gate marginally up
- working hard off field to bring club to Sydney wide audience
- Integrity Commission/ASADA visted the club to audit procedures, we have the best if not the best systems we are in the top 3 on the NRL
- Intregity team have advised that ASAD have no interest in the Manly club (NB Club, not players were mentioned)
- Brookvale Oval a challenge as hard to drive further sponships/gate in current condition
- Forecasting a 200K profit in 2014
- Negative media a concern, the club and NRL needs to manage this better
- He has to take some hard but necessary decisions for the sake of the club at times (I think he was having a shot at Zorba)

Sibraa
- $10 million funding has been approved, Souffs Redfern promised funding has been withdrawn
- Council doesnt want anything to do with Brookie
- Positive discussions with State
- NRL has confirmed that support Brookie, 1.2 million people north of bridge, must have coverage
- In talks with Baseball to make it their home ground will make it a lot more attractive for State trust
- St Augustines may provide some funds as Oval as educational facility along with State Government

Vote - You know the result

Both sides should be congratulated - the meeting was held in good spirit and everyone was very cordial throughout the evening.

Hamster Huey said:
bones said:
Chip and Chase said:
Dan said:

If you can get chewbacca on board then you've got my vote.

Chewbacca would have a bit to learn. He is still a Wookiee.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Wookie_424237_2411076.jpg

chewbacca isn't a wookie ya heathens!

TW - thanks for doing a summary of the meeting. Some interesting take outs from the meeting in regards to the 9's plus also where the Brookie funding is at.

Thanks TW for your outline of the proceedings and what was said. Very interesting....

mozgrame said:
Brookie needs more wookiees!! Now there's a slogan! Pffft....Stronger Together. lol

You've heard of Dancing Homer and the Capital City Goofball, well we could have the Brookie Wookie.

Or if we get another bearded player bigger and wilder than wolfman, he could be termed the brookie wookie.

This o dare kid can play saw him in qld cup would have to be the fastest player I have seen in a long time

Shoe1 said:
mozgrame said:
Brookie needs more wookiees!! Now there's a slogan! Pffft....Stronger Together. lol

You've heard of Dancing Homer and the Capital City Goofball, well we could have the Brookie Wookie.

Or if we get another bearded player bigger and wilder than wolfman, he could be termed the brookie wookie.

This sounds like a job for Jason King. A full beard and long hair before round 1 thanks Jason. He could be Jamie Lyon's (Han Solo) wookiee. Probably win wookiee of the year.

I just hope the current board are professional, and don't target / antagonize members going forward. I know most of them are fine.

'Most of them'? They're all good guys who have the club's best interest always. It's refreshing to read all the press coverage being positive now, and with Perry at the helm, all things are possible. Bring on next season. Can't wait.

DSM5 said:
'Most of them'? They're all good guys who have the club's best interest always. It's refreshing to read all the press coverage being positive now, and with Perry at the helm, all things are possible. Bring on next season. Can't wait.
Every one that supports Manly Loves Manly . I hope we can all learn to love each other as well. Merry Manly Christmas Everyone

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4