Tonight's crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We got pillared by the media last week for our supposed refusal to attend the match.

I thought 16,500 wasn't too bad considering the other side had virtually no-one there. But anyway....

What sort of crowd are we expecting tonight and will the media bash the Melbournians for not caring enough about rugby league to show up ?

Should be interesting.

I haven't heard a thing about the crowd being poor tonight. Will just have to wait and see.

There were only 15872 when they played the Bunnies but I didn't hear a single criticism of the Scum supporters.

A big helping of double standards anyone ?

Just on crowds and the unjustified criticism we constantly receive. The 2006 Prelim final at the SFS Canterbury Vs Broncos crowd was 29511. 2007 prelim final Manly vs Cowboys 32611.
2011 Prelim final at SFS Manly vs Broncos crowd 31894. Broncos went on to win premiership and finished 3rd on ladder in 2006 whereas last year they weren't much hope with no Locky so there would have been more Broncos supporters in 2006 than last year for sure. So stick that up your collective whinging aholes all you Manly haters.

Etihad is absolutely rubbish for league games, the playing field is miles away from the stands. Aami is built for league

Brissie Kid said:
Very heavy rain pouring down. Saw on Fox sports news at noon.

Rain abating by this afternoon, apparently.
should be still inclement, if not actually raining:

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR024.loop.shtml

The NRL can't have everything. They got the billion they were after so I guess TV has a say in the scheduling around prime time. But if last weeks semis were played in the traditional 3.00pm they would have filled the SFS. All they were baiting the Manly faithful for was so it wouldn't look too bad for TV.

I heard we had at least a thousand so that's pretty good from us as well. Watching Dogs fans on tele, bet the League is happy they are there!! They could get 90k by themselves.

Jerry1 said:
Jono said:
25k was the crowd figure. Very good result from the Melbourne fans

It was the only game on in Melbourne. No afl

Wouldn't have made a difference if the opinions of the AFL fans last night are how they all feel about Rugby League. Just because there is no AFL doesn't mean they would fork out money to see a Rugby League game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2