Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Storm have the sort of games we had tonight too, they just get the 2 points most times when they do

They have already had 2 this year, Roosters and Sharks like that, and they lost both as well

Hard not to be downcast post a loss, but we are 6 from our last 8, which i would probably have taken through a period of aways game in Mel, Bris and Parra

Ryan link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=177548.msg185188#msg185188 date=1211545317]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=177548.msg185185#msg185185 date=1211545216]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=177548.msg185180#msg185180 date=1211544998]
He is farken ruthless Ryan, he wouldn't give us anything

Only way we can get that info is through Stewart i think

Your probably right mate - stoopid idea really. We just need a bit of a change. Some energy injections or something.
[/quote]

It was interesting to hear Gould say we played better on the 'angry pills' and we did for most of those sets...
[/quote]

That's the ridiculous thing though....We should be like that from the get go...not in patches...and not after we have made a mistake or something. THAT'S when we'll be ruthless.
[/quote]

Absolutely mate - it's called INTENSITY and we didn't have it.  playing at home...i was quite shocked by the fact we weren't pumped up

The Wheel link said:
Hitting the sack with a bad case of the S**ts - have fun

Lucky... i'm still waiting for the Dragon loving missus to come home!  Good thing she knows how uptight i get when the Eagles lose

We need starch in defense.  The dragons tries were through soft defense.  They didn't have to try very hard to score, but we did.  Our line attack lacks creativity and I've said it all year, we need an attacking coach.  Posters are correct, Bellamy is ruthless and Dessie is soft, end of story and that's why we won't get any silverware under his coaching..     

DSM5 link said:
We need starch in defense.  The dragons tries were through soft defense.  They didn't have to try very hard to score, but we did.  Our line attack lacks creativity and I've said it all year, we need an attacking coach.  Posters are correct, Bellamy is ruthless and Dessie is soft, end of story and that's why we won't get any silverware under his coaching..     

You wouldnt know coaching if it bit you on the ring.

DSM5 link said:
Thanks again Jatz.  Useful comment.

Whats useful is my pointing out your usual negative ****. Take your time and if you think im being harsh on you then why dont you defend the **** you type or then again dont type it.

Sorry Dan but this **** deserves it.

I thought our defense was actually pretty good. The worst player for us on the field IMO was that video ref !! But I am totally bias, and proud of it !

Apart from our end of play fluidity we went fine tonight. It was deadset not our night, but we deserved the win because we ouplayed them in lmost every aspect of the games play in every part of the field.

For anyone to admonish choc, FMD, go look at the headclash with Perry. I will find the "minute" & post it here so the numbnuts who blame him can check it out.

I think you're nuts Jatz.  If you think we went fine tonight then you were watching another game.  We made errors, dropped of tackles, let them run through the middle, couldn't catch high balls, defended poorly in the centres, gave away cheap penalties, looked silly in attack and more.  I liked Lyon taking our line kicks though.  "end of play fluidity", what's that?  Does that mean we didn't know what to do on the fifth?  You're crazy Jatz, just admit it. 

DSM5 link said:
I think you're nuts Jatz.  If you think we went fine tonight then you were watching another game.  We made errors, dropped of tackles, let them run through the middle, couldn't catch high balls, defended poorly in the centres, gave away cheap penalties, looked silly in attack and more.  I liked Lyon taking our line kicks though.  \"end of play fluidity\", what's that?  Does that mean we didn't know what to do on the fifth?  You're crazy Jatz, just admit it. 

Well you finally decide to engage by saying i cant assess how we played.

OK. But calling me crazy wont cut it.

My problem is with your elongated whinge arse negative crap, when its not due.
if you can convince me your not deadset against this teams success this year by displaying all the positive comments youve made about them during the course of this years premiership then i will most humbly desist.

Just watched the replay as I was at the Soccer last night. I guess it is easy to be more objective when you know the score and the emotion is taken out of the watching, but these are my thoughts.

* Watmough's miss was ordinary, but he wasn't the only one to miss one on one tackles. There was one in the lead up to that try when Hornby made the initial break. His looked bad because there was no one to clean up. Whether he should have been on the field at that point is purely the decision of the trainer. He didn't know where he was, so it's hard to blame him in a situation like that. That didn't cost us the game. His mistake in the play the ball at the end was more crucial. But that is Watmough for you, he has terrible hands and is by no means what you would call a skillful player. He has very little ball awareness skills and you never feel confident with his ball security (well at least I don't). He is a good hard hole runner who can do damage if the ball is on his chest everytime. You take the good with the bad, but it is frustrating.

* Matai can be like the girl with curl in the middle of her forehead. When he is good he is very very good and when he is bad he is horrid. His reads in defence are walking the tightrope between brilliance and rank stupidity. That hit on Soward was the work of a complete moron, it was so late it was comical. Why ??

* Saints were far from quality last night, they gifted us plenty of ball and must feel they got away with that one. Having said that some of our options inside the 20 were reminiscent of the first couple of rounds. One up hits and inside balls to flat footed front rowers isn't my idea of attacking structure. Orford played too flat at the line and his passes were more hopeful than anything. Pretty ordinary. He undid a lot of the good work of the last few weeks. His lack of consistency and composure when games are in the balance is a valid criticism I believe.

* I though that there was enough doubt in Nightingales try to rule against it, I've seen less obvious knock on's lead to a no try. Poor decision. Don't have a problem with no try ruling on Stewarts, no control for mine. Poor old Beaver dropping the pill over the line didn't help matters, we could have done with that try but Robbo crossed shortly after so it didn't cost us too much.

* We were soft up the middle at times last night, which is worrying.

* Bottom line is we should have won that game, but we couldn't close it out. Pretty disappointing, there was effort there, just not quite intense enough for the full 80 minutes. It's a come down from the performances of the last 3 games that's for sure.

By the way last night was the first time I have ever attended a live game of soccer of any supposed standard. What a borefest that code is, and the amount of feigned injuries and diving that goes on is a absolute joke. Have these athletes no pride in their "toughness", I've seen under 8's take bigger hits and brush it off and get on with the game. Schwarzer is a good keeper though, he kept the Aussies in the match with some fine saves.

Well, the Storm were really, really ordinary tonight, only difference was really that they were playing Souths who couldn't score in a brothel

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6