tomorrow a GF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
To win from 7 or 8 requires almost a miracle in my book,especially given no side has won more than 5 in a row this year.To win 4 away from brookie in a row is everest.

So that makes tomorrow a GF.It is highly unlikely the cowboys or parra will threaten the roosters and warriors next week based on the garbage they are dishing up so if we get beat the best we can probably finish is 7th.

Dont beat chooks its bye bye.

Time to really dig in boys.

agree.if we loss we wont make the finals anyway because canberra will win both off there games and might catch us on for and against the way they are playing...they will gain alot of points...this is it?????

I think we will beat the chooks, though we are not favourites.
I thought we would make the top 4 this year, does not look like it at present.

Raises the question, what is success for this club? I think we wanted to be in the top 4 so if we don't finish there on the ladder, we have to win at least one semi to say we've had a decent year.
Given losing two strike players before we began, that's still on track.

I still think we can win the comp, but I always think that!
I thought I'd read after '08 that Des had another 5 year plan, I dig this up, quite interesting:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/662035

i dont for a minute think we can win the comp but I do think we have performed very well given our injury toll and a half combination so young.imagine slater being out for two years for melbourne and just look at brisbane without lockyer.

my only real criticism at times has been some lacklustre and inconsistent stuff from our experienced forwards, particularly the front rowers and choc.

but otherwise the boys have represented the club with the usual eagle spirit we have come to expect over the last few years and with any luck re injuries we should be knocking on the door real hard again next year.

If worse comes to worse and we lose tomorrow, what chance is there that Des will rest Choc, Matai, Killer & Gift against the Bulldogs so they are fresh for the first semi.

Is our for and against good enough to guarantee us a place in the finals?

Oops just went and had a look the Bunnies and Raiders can both overtake us so forget that.

depends how bad we lose.and if we do lose canberra could easily win both and souths have a good enough for and against to threaten if they beat saints.

so must beat bulldogs.in reality we must beat chooks to run top 6 to have a chance.you wont win from 7 or 8 with no momentum and injuries.

susan link said:
depends how bad we lose.and if we do lose canberra could easily win both and souths have a good enough for and against to threaten if they beat saints.

so must beat bulldogs.in reality we must beat chooks to run top 6 to have a chance.you wont win from 7 or 8 with no momentum and injuries.

We also dont want Stgeorge to be deciding who creeps into 8th. Eagles or Souths, who would you choose to play in the first week of the finals?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8