Tommy T

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
There has been a bit of talk on here on Tommy T-Simply i think he belongs in first grade over Hiku but thats just my opinion-we also need to secure him long term because he is a defintite star of the future-young enthusiastic and despite what some ppl are saying he has speed to burn-once he adds a bit of bulk to his frame he will be great-he can only improve from here and as i said still only 18!--He scored 4 long range trys in the holden cup vs the warriors and hasn't put a foot wrong in first grade and scored some good trys with a good leap with his height- when hes been given the chance-here is the video of his 4 impressive long range trys-thoughts?

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-p...es-in-holden-cup/story-e6frf3ru-1227456672983

To add,just remember when snake started out in first grade? he was no world beater at the start but you could always see his potential-after time snake improved out of sight and developed to one of the best players in the game-try scoring whiz-great ball player-good under the high ball and a very capable defender-i think tom t has what it takes to follow in bretts footsteps.

Tom will be an absolute star. My thoughts are that he's still very young (18 or 19?) and has a long future ahead of him in Maroon & White, Sky Blue and Green & Gold... I can't wait to see Tom and Jake plying rep footy together!!

Hiku played very well yesterday and I think was a little hard done by in terms of criticism on here post the Cows game. And I'm just as guilty of giving it to him as any other. Hiku will take over from Killer or Skivvy when the time comes, and Tom will take over from Snake, with Gutho not to be forgotten either!

My thoughts are, bring Tom along slowly. He will be a shining star in a galaxy of greats that have worn the fabled Sea Eagles jersey: let's not push him too early and risk injury or burn out.

To add,just remember when snake started out in first grade? he was no world beater at the start but you could always see his potential-after time snake improved out of sight and developed to one of the best players in the game-try scoring whiz-great ball player-good under the high ball and a very capable defender-i think tom t has what it takes to follow in bretts footsteps.
I'm still amused that in general Snake is rated pretty poorly amongst the current fullbacks. I'd not swap him for anything ;)

I'm still amused that in general Snake is rated pretty poorly amongst the current fullbacks. I'd not swap him for anything ;)
I agree totally its almost like now snake has become under rated-i would swap him for no one either and he is such a vital cog in the manly machine-his ball playing skills have developed out of sight and just knows how to set up a try not to mention knows how to get over the stripe himself-should still be playing origin imo....but hey ....one of my favs of all time and a great star of a player.

Tom definitely should be in the 1st grade permanently from the start of next year on the wing. He is wonderfully talented but don't expect him to play the way he did yesterday unless he finds himself playing fullback instead of Snake.

Tom shouldn't have featured at all this year. Gutherson has shown more on the wing than Tom but his injury meant that we had no choice, unless we reverted back to Wolf.

But looking forward to the future, our ability to break the line will be superb if Gutherson and Tom hit their straps. With DCE feeding these guys, we can expect to see them busting the line over and over.

Lets get Jake and Tom T signed long term they can be the new stewart brothers of our next era!Cmon manly get it done secure these brothers.

With players like matai, lyon, stewart, tafua, and hiku. Trbojevic might struggle for opportunities, just get that feeling that the other clubs will poach him with monopoly money a bit like hopoate.

I would like to see Tom play the rest of the year in the Holden cup team and give that team a chance of making the finals and having a real go once there. He is 19 later this year and his time will come soon, with a new coach coming on board we have no idea of what his plans are to address team selection.

Tom T is a wonderful prospect and the most exciting young back since Snake, he is a natural at full back but he is learning his trade. I think it wont be too long before he will be our number 1 but all in good time.

I am not sure what we do with Hiku, its clear he is not the player he was compared to last year. He will really need to lift for the remainder of this season, point being that the whole team is being assessed by the new coaching team for 2016.

I would like to see Tom play the rest of the year in the Holden cup team and give that team a chance of making the finals and having a real go once there. He is 19 later this year and his time will come soon, with a new coach coming on board we have no idea of what his plans are to address team selection.

Tom T is a wonderful prospect and the most exciting young back since Snake, he is a natural at full back but he is learning his trade. I think it wont be too long before he will be our number 1 but all in good time.

I am not sure what we do with Hiku, its clear he is not the player he was compared to last year. He will really need to lift for the remainder of this season, point being that the whole team is being assessed by the new coaching team for 2016.
Who are they getting in as coach for next season sheridanstand ? Lussick ?

Brett has enters the Matt Bowen phase of his career.
maybe true that he is getting into that stage of his career but i think he is still the x factor in our side-playing a bit smarter these days in his works because of past knee injurys but still knows how to score a try and chimes in perfectly in the backline to set up a try-in my honest and perhaps a little biased opinion he is still the best fullback in the game a ball playing fullback who can put the opposition in 2 minds and his recent combination with Taufua is seamless---Future prospect and star just like Stewart once he develops his game and adds buld is-Tommy T....bring it on manly lets build for the years to come and even round out this year with a bunch of wins ans sneak into the tp 8 and give this competition a shake! :p :p :p ;) ;) ;) :) :) :)

What I meant was that he is underrated compared to some of his fellow fullbacks. However both his teammates and his opponents appreciate how good he is. Same thing happened to Bowen.

Lets get Jake and Tom T signed long term they can be the new stewart brothers of our next era!Cmon manly get it done secure these brothers.
Signing them long term is a no win situation for either parties.For Manly to sign them long term,they'd have to pay overs to keep them.And if the players sign long term they could be short changing themselves.Best way to secure their futures is to treat them with respect and look after them the right way.Both are manly boys and most likely not want to go anywhere anyway.Jake won't have any problems being that he's a front rower and there are a few spots for them.Tom could pose an issue if he gets to 20-21 and BStewart is still wanting to play

Tommy is in the unfortunate position of being way too good for the U/20's (and probably the NSW Cup), but with our current backline there is not yet a permanent place for him in first grade.

Even with Foran leaving next year he is no certainty of a start because it all depends on who Barrett uses as our 5/8. If he plays Killer there them Tommy has a chance but will probably have to fight for the wing spot with Gutho (Hiku would move to centre). If Barrett plays someone like Koroisau or even Mateo (if he stays) at pivot then depending on injuries to our backs, both Gutho and Tom will probably find themselves in NSW Cup more often than not.

With players like matai, lyon, stewart, tafua, and hiku. Trbojevic might struggle for opportunities, just get that feeling that the other clubs will poach him with monopoly money a bit like hopoate.
The brothers T are both signed with us until the end of 2017 as is Gutherson. I dont think they will be going anywhere as they are the future of the place.

Tom is a super star and will ultimately be snakes replacement in a couple if years time. He doesn't look comfortable on the wing in nrl, as it is not his normal position. Cutherson looked more comfortable when he has played there, but both will still need to develop their games for the next level up playing week in week out in first grade. But i have no doubt they will be successful. It was good to see hiku have a good game yesterday, reminded me that he can be a quality player, just needs to be more consistent

I'm happy for manly to give Tom at 18 a bit of a go in 1sts and a bit in Holden cup. He can enjoy dominating, and not get thumped every week in 1sts before he is grown. 2016 he will be ready for the full season. It's good management, or "agement"

It's important not to rush Tom T and bring him in carefully.

Snake debuted in 2003 as an 18 year old against the eels and broke his collar bone. He then spent the first part of 2004 in reserve grade continuing to get experience before Hasler moved him into 1st grade during the season.

I really dont understand why people are saying sign them up long term, we cant let them get poached. Its not even a valid question. Both Turbo brothers are not an option of being poached, no matter how much money is being offered. They love Manly, Manly loves them, they are not going anywhere. Next irrelevant question...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7