Tommy T Progression.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tom is still too young to make any big calls about him, I like the way he and snake combined at the back. I think with DCE injured that Brett will spend some time as first receiver and I would love to see Tom T burst into the back line cause he can bust the line at will with his speed.. We have a good one in Tommy folks!

Its not a correct assessment. I challenge anyone to go and watch the first few games with tom at fullback and see half the urgency and defence co ordination that Brett gives us.

tom is the one case I've seen in a long time watching football where he can learn career changing skills from one of the games greatest ever fullbacks.

You're losing your mind if you think Brett isn't our best option at the back currently and doesn't offer the best tutor to Tom. Were blessed to have one of the greats mentoring one of the potential greatest.

As an aside after that penalty in the second half (for pushing the soufs player on the high ball) he gave it to the touchy for a good 10 minutes after

Its not a correct assessment. I challenge anyone to go and watch the first few games with tom at fullback and see half the urgency and defence co ordination that Brett gives us.

tom is the one case I've seen in a long time watching football where he can learn career changing skills from one of the games greatest ever fullbacks.

You're losing your mind if you think Brett isn't our best option at the back currently and doesn't offer the best tutor to Tom. Were blessed to have one of the greats mentoring one of the potential greatest.
Agree with this 100%

Tom is nowhere near Brett yet. What we need is api and Walker getting snake quality ball. That didn't happen tonight. I respect Gould but his wrong on this one

I don't think we should be pushing Brett out just yet, but I imagine we should seriously be looking at that change-over for the 2017 season. The opportunity to mentor, and be mentored, is a very fortunate window we should be making the most of, but it does get to a point where declining performances may be a bit too costly to maintain that arrangement. After two poor back-to-back games, that's a worrying sign for Brett. I do expect he will improve and lift over the season, and I'm sure there's still some more brilliance there for us to enjoy. Nevertheless, I hope the consistency doesn't drop off too much.

Brett isn't 100% he was brought back in without being completely healthy and the 3 games in 10 days haven't exactly helped his case. When he gets a decent rest and comes back completely fit he will fire. Let's not forget he was close to our best player last season especially when everyone around him wasn't exactly firing.

And to add one last thought on that mentoring arrangement... how much more quality learning can Tommy get from Snake while maintaining their current positions? Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting Snake has much wisdom to pass on, but my question is more about the transmission of that wisdom. Yes, he gets to hear how Snake organises from the back first hand, but how many more games/months/years does that continue to add value to Tommy's learning, as opposed to putting Tommy in the position and allowing him time to put into action what he has/is learning, make mistakes and learn from the first-hand real experience? It's an interesting balance, and we also have to factor in the psychological affect on the players/team of making that change.

Brett isn't 100% he was brought back in without being completely healthy and the 3 games in 10 days haven't exactly helped his case. When he gets a decent rest and comes back completely fit he will fire. Let's not forget he was close to our best player last season especially when everyone around him wasn't exactly firing.
That's possible, but I'm not certain he isn't 100% fit (or wasn't 100% fit when brought back in round 3). I guess only Brett really knows. Nevertheless, if this, and last match is the best he can manage due to injury, then he really shouldn't play. He needs to pull himself out if he knows he is not up to it due to injury.

And to add one last thought on that mentoring arrangement... how much more quality learning can Tommy get from Snake while maintaining their current positions? Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting Snake has much wisdom to pass on, but my question is more about the transmission of that wisdom. Yes, he gets to hear how Snake organises from the back first hand, but how many more games/months/years does that continue to add value to Tommy's learning, as opposed to putting Tommy in the position and allowing him time to put into action what he has/is learning, make mistakes and learn from the first-hand real experience? It's an interesting balance, and we also have to factor in the psychological affect on the players/team of making that change.

He's been a full time team mate of Brett for 2 games. The answer to your question is much longer.

I'm sure off the field Brett teaches more than on.

Gus is wrong........
Nine commentators are also calling for Holmes to wear the 1 at the sharks saying he is wasted on the wing.

Gallen was on the radio before tonights game said Holmes was the first of the players trialling for fullbacks to be ruled out. Because his positional play and directing and talking from fullback just isn't ready for the no 1 yet. He then went on and gave the example, of Tom and how Manly leaked points when Tom was fullback and how Brett had the side winning. There is a big difference between having potential to be a great Fullback, and being ready right now. But nine commentators need something to talk about.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4