Tom Waterhouse told to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our lives consist of a series of decisions made on a daily basis. Our station in life is the sum of those decisions. Sometimes things beyond our control will happen to us, but what we can control is our response.

I have always taught my kids that the drunk in Hyde Park has chosen to be there. Not a single choice, but thousands of choices over years has led them there.

My daughter achieved 94.75 in the HSC, whilst my son achieved 68. Why, because she chose to study hard, do her homework and he chose chose to chase skirt. Neither decision was right or wrong as long as he is happy to accept the consequences of his actions.

I make the same connection to gambling decisions. Personal responsibility seems to be a virtue that is foreign to Rex and others.

Ralphie said:
My daughter achieved 94.75 in the HSC, whilst my son achieved 68. Why, because she chose to study hard, do her homework and he chose chose to chase skirt.

Hs is your son's decision going to get into the fashion industry?

Im starting to wonder if lovefooty does in fact love footy

Ralphie said:
My daughter achieved 94.75 in the HSC, whilst my son achieved 68. Why, because she chose to study hard, do her homework and he chose chose to chase skirt. Neither decision was right or wrong as long as he is happy to accept the consequences of his actions.

Cut him some slack Ralphie. Your son was never in charge of that decision,
Mr.Testosterone is. And he isn't rational. He gets his way ...especially at 17...your boy never stood a chance!:D

Ralphie said:
Our lives consist of a series of decisions made on a daily basis. Our station in life is the sum of those decisions. Sometimes things beyond our control will happen to us, but what we can control is our response.

I have always taught my kids that the drunk in Hyde Park has chosen to be there. Not a single choice, but thousands of choices over years has led them there.

I make the same connection to gambling decisions. Personal responsibility seems to be a virtue that is foreign to Rex and others.

Yep it's the personal responsibility of the people born with cerebral palsy that they don't score 99.7% on the HSC and represent Australia in gymnastics.

And it sooths Ralphie's damaged ego to think this so all's good.

Rex said:
Ralphie said:

Yep it's the personal responsibility of the people born with cerebral palsy that they don't score 99.7% on the HSC and represent Australia in gymnastics.

And it sooths Ralphie's damaged ego to think this so all's good.

Why would cerebral palsy be a limiter to academic learning?

Are you caught in prejudiced thinking world Rex?

Moat people with CP have normal or above average intellect. Theor disability is a palsy whcih has nothing to do with how smart you are.

Disabilities and prejudice against people with them, how they are viewed and how they are treated in our society is sickening.

Bravo Dan - I went to school with a bloke with CP, he has achieved more in his life than most posters here could hope to enjoy, including representing Australia. And playing school sport against "able bodied" athletes and capably holding his own

Daniel said:

Moat people with CP have normal or above average intellect. Theor disability is a palsy whcih has nothing to do with how smart you are.

Disabilities and prejudice against people with them, how they are viewed and how they are treated in our society is sickening.

Much the same for mental illness.

Ralphie said:

What if the drunk in Hyde Park was actually a non-medicated schitzophrenic who just wants to be 'normal' but sadly, doesn't have this 'choice' you speak of?

You really are a goose mate.

I sincerely hope your kids don't grow up with your attitude.

Napper said:
Daniel said:

Much the same for mental illness.

well yeah but to a lesser extent. Mental health issues have a lot more to do with diagnosis than treatment.

Let me tell you I have lots of experience with both and the disabled in general get treated like crap.

Ill leave this by saying get behind the NDIS if you dont know what that is then research it. It is worth your while

Daniel said:
Im starting to wonder if lovefooty does in fact love footy

Are you trying to bait me Dan.
I attend all manly games including N S W cup. I even get to the matt games and S G ball.
I also put 20 grand into the club a year in sponsorship.
I have followed this club all my life and so has my father and grandfather.
Other than this site Dan what do you do for the place.
All know how I feel about Zorba and his family, I don't think I hide it.

Daniel said:

How did you jump into talking about intellect Dan? Try to stay with the conversation.

What I spoke about was representing Aust in gymnastics or scoring 99.7 on the HSC.

When cerebral palsy sufferers score lower than others on the HSC (as they do on average) Ralphie would have us believe it is solely because of lack of effort. If only the lazy b*'s would try harder eh Ralphie?

And when Jamie only gets 75% of goals or 65% this year, it obviously can only be attributed to an attitude problem.

And when the greatest basketballer of all time quit at his peak to play his favourite sport of baseball - and failed miserably to reach an even average standard - it had to be because of a poor attitude. Just like it was only attitude that made him the best basketballer of all time. That's the way it is in your simplistic world isn't it Ralphie ? There could be no other explanation?

Or is it just possible that we are not all production line clones. Is it just possible that we have different innate aptitudes? Or would that not fit in simplistic Ralphie theory-land?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6