Tom Waterhouse told to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Now I am going to catch that ball. I am going to move my left hand 5 degree clockwise, lower it 10 centimetres and do that in 0.32 seconds, whilst spreading my fingers in an gentle arc with a parabolic curve meeting the equation of ... At the same time my right hand is ... and my left leg is ... and my stomach muscles ... etc, etc

We act. Are conditioned to act.

Conscious thought is significantly less than the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Our attitudes and beliefs do not arise in a vacuum, they are shaped by the prevailing ideology.

Tell that to james Dyson

Do you mean Sir James Dyson, the British industrial designer and founder of the Dyson company? (best known as the inventor of the Dual Cyclone bagless vacuum clean)

Daniel said:
Contradiction upon contradiction. You are living proof that stringing words together into a coherent sentence really doesnt amount to more than sentences and paragraphs

You have already presumed that thought drives action before coming to that conclusion. Begging the question.

e.g. Is it possible that contradictions are felt first?

Jokes come from a place that contradicts the rational. Especially yours. :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Do you mean Sir James Dyson, the British industrial designer and founder of the Dyson company? (best known as the inventor of the Dual Cyclone bagless vacuum clean)

I sure do. His ideas are vacuums

s it possible that your reactions are so predictable that they could be subconscious urges coming through
Rex said:
Rex said:
Daniel said:
Contradiction upon contradiction. You are living proof that stringing words together into a coherent sentence really doesnt amount to more than sentences and paragraphs
Is it possible that your reactions are so predictable that they could be subconscious urges coming through?

You have already presumed that thought drives action before coming to that conclusion. Begging the question.

And jokes come from a place that contradicts the rational. Especially yours.

Daniel said:
Is it possible that your reactions are so predictable that they could be subconscious urges coming through

Now you're arguing that I'm proof you're wrong.

Cunning tactical move.

That or eveeything has been a planned move to motivate response for you because well im just in a smart ass mood

Rex said:
Daniel said:

Jokes come from a place that contradicts the rational. Especially yours. :)

Jokes may appear non rational but they are infact just something new or a way of looking at something that has not been considered by you before. Tell a new joke 5 times in a row. To someone and by the fifth time it's effect has become less funny even though it is excactly the same joke. As a species humans crave acceptance, it gives us a place in the tribe, safety in numbers and a better chance of survival. When we laugh at something we don't understand or that is new it shows us in a non threatening way and that we can be accepted into the group. Once you understand something it becomes less funny. Get angry or argue about something you know nothing about and you won't fit in be it society, a footy forum or down at the pub. So just because you laugh at something does not make it anything other than rational.

so cunning if you put pointy ears and a bushy tail on it, it would be a fox, or a tactical move on its way to a fancy dress party

I wonder if Tom Waterhouse will be at our game today educating the kids on betting odds . My brothers kids asked there father to put a bet on for them on last Friday nights game. They are 10 and 11 years old.

He (Tom) got another run in the Sunday herald sin bin. I don't know how to upload the story. May be some else can do it so those interstate can view it.

Isn't it great how he is using "and remember... gamble responsibly" as a slogan now?

He is telling us to remember to gamble. It's as if not gambling isn't even an option.

Whatever bright spark is making him say that should rethink those words.

lovefooty said:
I wonder if Tom Waterhouse will be at our game today educating the kids on betting odds . My brothers kids asked there father to put a bet on for them on last Friday nights game. They are 10 and 11 years old.

He (Tom) got another run in the Sunday herald sin bin. I don't know how to upload the story. May be some else can do it so those interstate can view it.

Thank God you brought the thread back LF!:)...bloody intellectuals ruining my Sunday morning with there philosophies :D
...by the way did your nephews/nieces get a win up, hopefully they'll put it all on Manly this arvo.

MadMarcus said:
Isn't it great how he is using "and remember... gamble responsibly" as a slogan now?

He is telling us to remember to gamble. It's as if not gambling isn't even an option.

Whatever bright spark is making him say that should rethink those words.

Spot on Marcus.

At a unconscious level the message has two parts:

1. "and remember ... gamble" - a direction.

2. "responsibly" - an association of the word "responsible" with the instruction to remember to "gamble".

At a conscious level we think the phrase is intented to deter or put limits on gambling.

If the unconscious didn't rule the conscious then this phrase would have never, ever hit the airwaves or TV sets. If this didn't work it wouldn't be used. And we think we are rational beings driven by conscious thought.

Bah ha ha.

manlyfan76 said:
Jokes may appear non rational but they are infact just something new or a way of looking at something that has not been considered by you before. Tell a new joke 5 times in a row. To someone and by the fifth time it's effect has become less funny even though it is excactly the same joke. As a species humans crave acceptance, it gives us a place in the tribe, safety in numbers and a better chance of survival. When we laugh at something we don't understand or that is new it shows us in a non threatening way and that we can be accepted into the group. Once you understand something it becomes less funny. Get angry or argue about something you know nothing about and you won't fit in be it society, a footy forum or down at the pub. So just because you laugh at something does not make it anything other than rational.

Agree mf76. There is rationality in jokes, but not at the level of the conscious. When you dissect a joke at the conscious level, it is like dissecting a frog. A sure way to destroy any life in it.

Acceptance into a group is a core unconscious driver for most. Not being accepted into a group in primitive times normally meant early death. And what doesn't survive tends not to be replicated. So need for acceptance is built into our genetics.

And to what extent is this rational now? There's a different terrain now. It seems those most desperate for acceptance are likely to draw rejection. So a no-win situation for the desperate. And many who are unafraid of conflict and rejection can be empowered to act as they choose, can be free of the need for approval, and can as a result gain the approval that they never sought.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6