Tom Waterhouse is a Goose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rex said:
bones said:
Rex said:
A man that preys on addicts, profiting from the destruction of the lives of little children and families. How desperate is his greed?

How desperate the greed of the commentators selling themselves out to promote and pander to his practices?

No-one forces anyone to gamble. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.
Tell that to the kids

Kids aren't allowed to gamble. And in any case, Its the parents responsibility to teach their kids the right way, not Tom Waterhouses. I guess we should also ban fast food advertising because parents won't take responsibility of feeding their kids healthily. Cigarette advertising has been long gone, but there are still a lot of kids stupid enough to be smoking.

Smoking rates amongst teens are the lowest in a couple of generations. There are agreements in place to limit fast food/ junk food adds during kids shows.

Gambling is the new tobacco advertising. And like it's loathsome predecessor it threatens public health.

I can handle a Waterhouse ad - but crossing to him, talking to him, acting as if he and his product are a legitimate part of the game is really quite disgusting. It is directly exploiting fan loyalty, associating having a bet with supporting your team. Shame on Nine for letting this happen and shame on the commentators for going along with it.

Fans are being treated like fools. Children are being taught poor social behaviour.

So what can we do? Couple of suggestions...

1. Not use or visit Waterhouse products.
2. Write an email to Channel Nine ([email protected]) and tell them what you think of gambling promotions on their league broadcasts.

weev said:
Gambling is the new tobacco advertising. And like it's loathsome predecessor it threatens public health.

I can handle a Waterhouse ad - but crossing to him, talking to him, acting as if he and his product are a legitimate part of the game is really quite disgusting. It is directly exploiting fan loyalty, associating having a bet with supporting your team. Shame on Nine for letting this happen and shame on the commentators for going along with it.

Fans are being treated like fools. Children are being taught poor social behaviour.

2. Write an email to Channel Nine ([email protected]) and tell them what you think of gambling promotions on their league broadcasts.

Given how much money they are being paid should we expect Channel 9 and the NRL to be impartial and reasonable on the issue! Change will only come through legislation. What I despise is how his adverts pop up on screen, taking 1/3 of the space up, while the game is running.

Waterhouse and his family are an unctuous brood. I had dinner with them once, learned a lot about their ways. Fine Cotton is just the tip of the iceberg.

On the topic of Channel 9, is it discriminatory that one State gets Thursday Night Football live, while the other is on delay! And the NRL Live App won't show the game live into Queensland either. So what option is left to the consumer? Watch a live feed supplied by Bet365.com. Funny that.

weev said:

Thanks weev. Email sent.

Similar thread to the other Waterhouse one started after round 1, at this rate maybe it's time to start sticking them to the front of the forum que...

There is a cure to the Waterhouse BS and that is Fox Sports because they show the replay of all channel nine games and not one second of airtime is given to Waterhouse, there is not any mention of him ever!! logo n all, you wouldn't even know he existed, not to mention it is broadcast in orgasmic high definition so you can actually sit back and relax and enjoy the bloody greatest game of all.

Clint said:
bones said:
Rex said:
A man that preys on addicts, profiting from the destruction of the lives of little children and families. How desperate is his greed?

How desperate the greed of the commentators selling themselves out to promote and pander to his practices?

No-one forces anyone to gamble. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

I dunno bones. I enjoy a punt as much as the next bloke, but the Tom Waterhouse show is over the top. The article BE posted by Fitzsimmons is spot on. Giving Waterhouse coverage before, during and after the game is ridiculous. It's almost like the footy is a sideshow of the Tom Waterhouse show.

People do need to accept responsibility for their own actions, but plenty of young minds follow this great game and having the odds of the game jammed down their throats at every opportunity only encourages bad habits.
It's also a choice to smoke or not smoke, but for some reason advertising disappeared 20 years ago.

so with tom and his twin karl we have a gaggle,piss em both off,bring back gould or atleast an ex player to do that pre match crap

bones said:
Rex said:

Oh whatever Bones. You can be so damn fully lofty sometimes. The thread is about Tom Waterhouse / goose factor. Why don't you lay off the social lecture and comment on the thread. For mine the guy is a clear tool, who loves himself. Hey Tom, your crooked Dad taught you everything you know. Tool. That's my input on the thread Bones. Care to comment on the topic at hand - goose or not?

bazeagle said:
bones said:
Rex said:

Oh whatever Bones. You can be so damn fully lofty sometimes. The thread is about Tom Waterhouse / goose factor. Why don't you lay off the social lecture and comment on the thread. For mine the guy is a clear tool, who loves himself. Hey Tom, your crooked Dad taught you everything you know. Tool. That's my input on the thread Bones. Care to comment on the topic at hand - goose or not?

Sorry goose... I have no comeback to an "oh whatever".

bazeagle said:
bones said:
Rex said:

He did comment on the topic...Tom Waterhouse is a goose, you're a goose and i agree with him, goose.

bazeagle said:
bones said:
Rex said:

Gees look who forgot to take their happy pills today baz.

Settle down princess. Too many people want to be PC and tell us what to do and think. What happened to good ole fashion personal responsibility.

As for Tom whorehouse he is a goose and obviously you have used him as a role model ya tossbag

Geese are waterfowl belonging to the tribe Anserini of the family Anatidae. This tribe comprises the genera Anser (the grey geese), Branta (the black geese) and Chen (the white geese). A number of other birds, mostly related to the shelducks, have "goose" as part of their name. More distantly related members of the Anatidae family are swans, most of which are larger than true geese, and ducks, which are smaller.
Bazeagle. I do not think the above describes Tom Waterhouse.

There are all types in this world. Some need more help than others. Some care for others, some don't give a crap and think of only themselves. You can't reason with people who only think about themselves and how it does/doesn't affect them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6