Tom Trbojevic vs Tafua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Now that Tafua is back and playing some good footy, catching high balls and making good metres out of our red zone, Tooves is faced with a dilemma. Does he drop Jorge for Tom ?

If Foran is out, which is highly likely then surely they both stay on the wing, Lyon goes to 5/8 and Hiku to centre. However if all backline players are fit what are your thoughts ?

I believe with Tom T greatness is staring at us in the face. You cannot hold him back ...... He is ready !

i'd keep Jorge in he has only had a few games back and will keep improving Tom T only when injuries occur bring him on slowly

Hiku is a starting international who outplayed Inglis at FB and Chambers at centre in last two Tests. Tom T will be better than both of them put together soon but I would not be dropping Hiku ATM.

The game Hiku played on the wing in the semi vs Dogs behind a depleted team last year was one to behold.

Taufuas play the balls and all round passion levels are hopeless.

The usual polynesian look at the ground, shoulders slumped look.

Coming out of our end, he takes the ball up, gets tackled after making his customary 6 or 7 metres. He takes around 20 seconds to play the ball while the opposition defensive line gets set.

He's a lump, and needs an injection of effort and passion. Hes a smaller, less effective Tony Williams.

Headaches all around next year when gutherson is fit! Taufua, hiku, lyon, Matai, gutherson, Tom t, wolf, Blair, williame

Coming out of our end, he takes the ball up, gets tackled after making his customary 6 or 7 metres. He takes around 20 seconds to play the ball while the opposition defensive line gets set.

He's a lump, and needs an injection of effort and passion. Hes a smaller, less effective Tony Williams.
He is averaging over 100m per game?

He is averaging over 100m per game?

Means nothing if we are as a team running against a set defense coming out of our own 20.

He makes Daniel Heckenbergs old play the balls look like Speedy Gonzalez on speed.

Hiku and Mateo are lazy in the ruck on attack as well.

Check the Storm and Chooks. They pride on really, really quick play the balls. Sets the other team on the back foot.

Apart from our forwards all playing like crap, they are also playing against set defenses.

This is why our metre gainage is leagues worst.

I hate that polynesian look these players get. Thankfully, Matai didnt inherit the laziness.

Means nothing if we are as a team running against a set defense coming out of our own 20.

He makes Daniel Heckenbergs old play the balls look like Speedy Gonzalez on speed.

Hiku and Mateo are lazy in the ruck on attack as well.

Check the Storm and Chooks. They pride on really, really quick play the balls. Sets the other team on the back foot.

Apart from our forwards all playing like crap, they are also playing against set defenses.

This is why our metre gainage is leagues worst.

I hate that polynesian look these players get. Thankfully, Matai didnt inherit the laziness.
Just so I am clear, Tafua's 14+ runs per game are lazy?

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
I thought Horhays efforts on Monday were a sign he is returning to his 2013 form (forget last year it was an aberration due to injury) . At his best Jorge is an asset. Tommy Turbo will no doubt be a superstar, but for mine a fully fit and firing Horhay has him covered at the moment.

Read this article and cast your mind back 18months

http://www.nrl.com/how-good-is-jorge-taufua/tabid/10874/newsid/75676/default.aspx

I'd agree with this post if it was describing the 2014 version of Taufua. I think he's been strong this year though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4