Tom Symonds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
I am not going to overly bag the guy, but I have seen enough really. He is still a good footballer and would go well in whatever the next tier comp is.

But for 1st grade, he has no mongrel, and has next to zero effectiveness. I don't want to watch him play for manly any more really.

Can we start using Leary, Brown, Mateo, move Lawrence or Myles back...anything really.

He, and probably Darcy would not get in the 17 at any club bar the Knights

I have mixed feelings about him...sometimes I think I like him and then I just scratch my head at the way he crabs back in field all the time when the space is out wide. He could make an extra 5 metres per hit-up if he ran to where the space was. I don't think I have ever seen Boyd Cordner run sideways...you'd think Symonds would have watched the top backrowers in the game at some point and asked himself why he doesn't try and do the same thing?!

T-Red's defence is generally good. Tonight he made 34 tackles and only missed 1. However.....

He also stuffed up our attack on a few occasions with a poor kick or dropped ball.

On his day he can be a good, solid back rower. Tonight he was average and despite his defence can be considered to have had a poor game.

I respect your opinion, I just think we already HAVE persevered. When is he going to become a bit of a gun for us or provide a bit of x factor?

I've seen him have good games here and there also, but too far in between. i don't think any team wanting to make the 8 can afford to carry that type of player. I'll put it out there and say he will never be in any grand final team because you don't make it with one ineffective backrower

I. I'll put it out there and say he will never be in any grand final team because you don't make it with one ineffective backrower
He's already been in our 2013 grand final team!
I agree though, he's probably a smidge below what we'd like.

I am not going to overly bag the guy, but I have seen enough really. He is still a good footballer and would go well in whatever the next tier comp is.

But for 1st grade, he has no mongrel, and has next to zero effectiveness. I don't want to watch him play for manly any more really.

Can we start using Leary, Brown, Mateo, move Lawrence or Myles back...anything really.

He, and probably Darcy would not get in the 17 at any club bar the Knights

I agree with most of your comments on Symmonds - but Leary and Brown are in no way shape or form the answer. Both just handy at best .A few forwards were shown up tonight...

On our forwards tonight.....

Lussick gave away a silly penalty early and his night didn't get much better. 4/10

Parcell was unlucky not to score a try and was one of our best. 7/10

Myles ran faster at one point that I've ever seen him go (must have been because Kevin Walters was there. Origin and all that). Otherwise was his plodding, metre gaining self. 7/10

Symond's defence was good. His running, kicking and handling let him and the team down though. 4/10

Taupau needs to get involved more in attack. His defence was class and didn't miss a tackle. 6/10

Jake needs to put a bit more oomph into his hit ups, but otherwise showed that all things being equal he should be a starter for City and could be in line for a Blues bench spot. He must have thought he was the Turbo Trbojevic at one point in the second half, he was running and backing up everywhere. Clever backing up and kick for Godinet's try. 8/10

Lawrence didn't have a lot of impact tonight really. 4/10

Fonua-Blake bends the line every time. Bogus penalty against him in the 2nd half. 6/10

Vave just keeps on eating the metres. 108 from 11 runs. 7/10

Brown ended up in the backs because of Walker going off injured.

We had 3 forwards tonight who ran for 100 metres or more. Myles (119), Vave (108) and Taupau (100). Our next best were Jake (76) and Parcell (75). Steve Matai was our only other player to break 100 (104). We had 4 players make over 30 tackles. Parcell (41), Trbojevic (38), Taupau (36), Symonds (34).

On the other side of the coin, the Cowboys had 5 forwards who ran for over 100. Tamau (177), Taumalolo (176), Lowe (126), Scott (115) and Hannant (110). Linnett (138) and Winterstein (115) also broke the ton. Granville with 30 was the only Cowboy to make 30 or more tackles.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6