1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom Symonds V Idris

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by manlyfan76, Aug 31, 2014.

1. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,356 / 111
    His hit on Idriss gaining us the ball set up the win.

This week Tommy Talks he should interview his shoulder.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    He did have a strong game. Two tries, including the match winner. Great to see him steaming onto the last pass out wide.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    And it was 100% legal. As the Nein commentators said, Idris was fair game as he hadn't been tackled.

Smart play T-Red, smart play.

• Like Like x 3
  4. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    Tom Symonds in one of the best games I've seen from T-Red.
    MOTM for sure how the Hell did Moylan get it in a losing side?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Eagle1306

Eagle1306 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same way DCE got MOM in grand final ahead of SBW.

6. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    :huh:

SBW only plays in the last 20 minutes of games, to save his pure body :cool:
    DCE was the best player in the GF.

Moylan was hardly sighted, that Mansour was the one who gave Manly grief :sleepy:

• Like Like x 3
  7. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Moylan is a rising star. He wasn't the best player on the field in anyone's language.

HE got Nein's MOM as a consistent finale to their typical anti-Manly MO all afternoon.

I seriously did mute the commentary a dozen times at least!

As for Tommy...He's easily in the 17 (ahead of Hasson for mine, once BJ's back). And I'd leave him in the 12 now, too (with Horo on the bench).

Horo showed good energy and aggression in his spells.

TRed (like Ferris) gets better the longer he's starting games and getting long minutes. (Did Tom play the full 80 today??)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Symonds did miss a few tackles that led to breaks

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I thought Moylan was the Panthers best. Mansour was good for them as well.

10. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,525 / 134
    Moylan's biggest issue is he lacks size and pace. He is not a genuine speedster, and he is lean. Sure, he does some great things and has a smart football brain, but he lacks the speed to be a Slater, and the size to be an Inglis. He is a Luke Patten if ever there was one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Not sure about him not having speed. Looked pretty quick to me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,525 / 134
    He has been run down in a few games this year. Don't get me wrong, he is not slow, but you'd compare him to Hiku, more so than Snake for example.

13. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Min must have been watching another game, moylan was awesome, found plenty of space always in the right spot and saving tries. Deserved mom to me.

Foz was our best today followed by tommy s

14. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    SEA EAGLES BACKROWER COMPLETES LAST-MINUTE MOVE TO STUN PANTHERS
    2 Sep 2014Manly DailyAndrew Prentice

TIME almost stood still for Tom Symonds at Brookvale Oval on Sunday afternoon.
    With the Sea Eagles trailing the Panthers by three points with the clock ticking, Kieran Foran sent a towering bomb to the heavens.

Jamie Lyon reacted first, and Symonds knew it was go time, with roughly 70 seconds left of the game.

The backrower was floating on the right edge as cover for his captain, and quickly steadied himself.

“When Peta Hiku got his hands on the ball I was definitely a little nervous,” Symonds said yesterday.

“He dummied and that gave me a little more time.
    “Jamie Soward was coming across as cover, but he paused when Peta held on to the ball for a split second.
    “That gave me the space I needed. I knew then I simply had to catch the ball and dive over.
    “I kept calm and did the basics – as soon as I scored the try it was amazing – the crowd went ballistic.”

Symonds’ four-pointer at the death sealed a remarkable 26-25 victory and also made him the latest sporting hero of the peninsula.

Manly have been the comeback kings at Brookie this year, stealing late home wins from under the noses of Parramatta, Newcastle and Penrith.

They are now just 80 minutes away from securing their first minor premiership since 1997 if they beat the Cowboys in Townsville this Saturday night.

“We didn’t play well, but all the boys were keen to win – it was such a milestone game with Jason King’s last game at home and Steve Matai’s 200th,” he said.
    “We were happy to get the two points, we were never out of the contest.”

Symonds just moved to Collaroy from Sydney’s east – a concept he would have scoffed at a few years ago.

“In the end, the travelling from training was doing my head in,” he said. “I love it on the northern beaches – it is very laid back.
    “I am keen to stay at the club long-term, but my manager looks after all that stuff.
    “Hopefully a deal can be sorted soon, I am enjoying life as a Sea Eagle.”

• Like Like x 2
  15. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    BUMP!

Excellent article and summation of the situation, our team, and of course, Tom.

Lucky bugger, moving to the Northern beaches.

Hope he's with us for years now.