1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Todd Carney

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Is apparently on the verge of doing a backflip on his deal with the Roosters due to all their drama's recently, and people are telling him he should not go to a club which is so heavily into the booze

Hope this isn't the case, if it is it makes Foran moving there all the more likely

2. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Really, todd carney would be lucky with any team he could get.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He would fit in perfectly there.

Myles could S**t on people and Carney could piss on them.  The perfect poo wee couple.

4. missing_something

missing_something Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hope he doesn't go there, he's made an effort to clean up his act served his time and deserves another shot - like to see him end up somewhere like the tigers where he can play 1/2 back, there’s a lot of player that have done worse than Carney and got away with it in the past.

5. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    Ray Hadley mentioned today that Carney was signed and sealed by the roosters.

6. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I'd be very surprised if the Rorters haven't got him locked away.  As I've posted in the past, and I'll be consistent, he'd be good in Manly colours. 

7. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Carney + Foran would be a pretty good dynamic duo.

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    As others say this club could be very bad news for carney they seem to have a culture that won't help his behavior

9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    Classic  :)
    and Freddie can show them the way, the blind drunk leading the blind drunk. JWH must be wondering what he is in for.

10. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Who on earth would leak to the media that they are thinking about changing their mind on signing up unless it was a tactical decision to gain advantage in negotiations.

11. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    IF the guy really wanted out due to his past and what they're going through now then i applaud the bloke.  Otherwise i really don't have an opinion apart from KEEP FORAN AWAY FROM THE ROOSTERS.

Just thinking, sign Ox cheap, lose Cuthbo, JWH, Hall and Le Strange, re-sign Robbo and Williams... that could make for a good offer for Foran?

12. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    And use the ghost of Monas coming back cheaply as a bargaining tool to hammer down Orford's contract price. Then snap up Beaver for a reasonable one year deal.

Eggson this is sounding very Yes Minister - machiavelli never had it so good  ;D

Does anyone have any news on Beaver - whether he's re-signed with Bradford or whatever?

13. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    And use the ghost of Monas coming back cheaply as a bargaining tool to hammer down Orford's contract price. Then snap up Beaver for a reasonable one year deal.

Eggson this is sounding very Yes Minister - machiavelli never had it so good  ;D

Does anyone have any news on Beaver - whether he's re-signed with Bradford or whatever?
    [/quote]

From memory I think beaver extended his contract with them, but I'm not positive.

14. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    It really is isn't it!  hahaha

15. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    These things are cyclical. Do you think players are not going to the Bulldogs anymore because of what happened with Coffs Harbour, salary cap rorting, etc? No. Players will go to the Roosters. $ + sydney location > club's reputation, especially when a club can clean up its act fairly quickly.

16. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    There's a lot of mathematical formulae in that post Crusher which some posters may not understand.  I've given you a smite for that. 

17. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Yeah that's a good point Crusher