1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Todd Carney, Superstar

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    NRL player 'lit man's genitals on fire'

NRL's notorious bad boy Todd Carney and a friend are accused of burning a man's buttocks, scrotum and upper thigh, after deliberately setting his pants on fire, the Seven Network reports.

The newly-signed Sydney Roosters footballer had been holidaying with mates at Airlie Beach in north Queensland when the alleged incident occurred.

Proserpine Hospital confirmed a man was admitted for burns on New Year's Day.

Queensland Police have also confirmed the injuries, but say they will only investigate if the victim makes a formal complaint.

There's no suggestion the attack was malicious but Carney has an infamous past.

The 23-year-old former Canberra Raiders player has been convicted for drink-driving, arrested after a high-speed police chase, charged with malicious damage, accused of urinating on a man at a Canberra nightclub, and even been banned from his home town of Goulburn.

The Raiders sacked him, and just as it looked like his career could be all but over, the Roosters offered him a lifeline.

Carney is due to take the field in the next few weeks, pending the result of an inquiry now underway at the club.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is bloody awesome !! Not that the bloke got burnt, but how this bloke can attract trouble is amazingly funny, I guess they were trying to light a fart and it could cost him his career. On the down side, if he does get the punt, it free's up big money for Foran

2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I think Carney would be good for us. 

3. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Pants on fire? The victim wasn't Mr Bird perhaps?

4. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,718 / 257
    Happened to me once and YES your fart does explode (as I found out when I was about 15)

5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    He might have been on the turps with Julian O'Neill, didn't he try and set a guy in a dolphin suit on fire once ?

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,098 / 286
    Seriously though? You experimented with lighting your own gases? Eeergh. Here I was thinking that would be a Parra fans daytime hobby. Hehehehe...

7. joevolcano

joevolcano New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This lad sounds like a real nut job

8. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    he did a good nut job

9. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    You keep saying that. And even after another incident like this? He hasn't got to the trials on his NRL return and he has done it again. Carney is an idiot who refuses to take responsibility and fits in with the Rooster's culture perfectly. Leave him there.

10. ManlyBacker

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I guess Carney wouldn't piss on his mate if he was on fire? Oh yeah, that is one of his normal party tricks and I guess his aim must have been off... ;)

11. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Allegedly

12. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Seriously though? You experimented with lighting your own gases? Eeergh. Here I was thinking that would be a Parra fans daytime hobby. Hehehehe...

[/quote]

My brother, who is in his 50's now was telling me a bloke he went to school with did this party trick at their year 12 formal. He ended up burning a hole through the arse of his hired suit, not sure how he explained it to his mother.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder if they were also doing the dance of the flaming arseholes as well.

14. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Especially if he stays where he is.

15. nita

nita Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Didnt think this needed a new thread.. Surprise surprise, media blowing things out of proportion..

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/carneys-mate-hoses-down-burning-issue-20100106-lucy.html

16. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    "Blowing things" being the operative word.

17. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,098 / 286
    It beckons the question. If bodily gases can spontaneously combust like so, what level of alcohol must be in the system.

I bet he was really pulling the ladies that night !

18. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    More likely that they were in a circle pulling each others fingers

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They were pulling something that looked like a finger - only smaller.

20. ManlyBacker

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I know it was just a prank but here we go again with clubs pandering to Carney. When the Chooks don't have a sponsor left and their fans are too embarrassed to admit to being one will that be enough? He gets paid 10 times what his mates get and there is a reason for that - his good behaviour is part of the deal and of RL running a high profile business.

"Sydney Roosters coach Brian Smith has defended controversial recruit Todd Carney over his involvement in an alleged incident which saw a man admitted to hospital with burns to his buttocks, labelling the media coverage of the story 'ridiculous'.

Smith confirmed recent reports suggesting the injured man is a friend of Carney's and that the injuries were the result of New Year's Eve skylarking.

And while he concedes the actions of all involved were 'pretty stupid', the veteran coach claimed the incident had been blown out of all proportion.

"We've actually got ourselves into a ridiculous position as a sport now where blokes are doing things ... that very many young men would have done at some stages in their lives, and we understand they're people who are in the limelight and whatever but it's got to the point of it being ridiculous," Smith told Sky Sports Radio on Friday."