1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Todd Carney best player in NRL

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DVS Matt, Jun 18, 2008.

1. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    According to readers of telegraph.

Their online poll has Carney as the best NRL player with 12% of 3,334 votes

Others of interest:

SBW - 8%
    Mateo - 8%
    Prince - 5%
    Slater - 2%
    L.Lewis - 7%
    Stewart - 3%
    Orford - 1%
    C.Smith - 3%
    Thurston - 2%
    Marshall - 0%
    Hodges - 0%

2. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    All that proves is that there are a lot of bored people in Canberra resetting their cookies over and over. Parra players usually win these things, usually Hindmarsh, Mateo may get up this time.

3. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Public servants with nothing to do but vote for Carney and whinge about how hard they have to work for Rudd.

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    No - Daily Telegraph polls let you vote continuously and a small number of people with no time on their hands (ex Liberal staffers likely - no jobs for them anywhere) are just sitting and pressing vote time and time again. Totally flawed!!

5. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    CW, you cannot continuously vote. I tried to vote twice and I got this message.

"Poll Results

You have already voted! Here are the results so far:

Who do you rate as the best player in the NRL?"

6. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    so we've established the vote is Byso proof.

7. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
  8. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    From Daily Telly

Raiders fansite The Greenhouse is behind the rally cry, throwing up a post on the reader forum earlier today urging fans to back Carney.

That thread was later deleted - but the damage was done.

"I can't imagine why this thread would have been deleted ... I thought it showed a great sense of humour and fun," a serial poster nicknamed "Clinton Schifcofske" wrote.

"Dean Lance" responded: "It was starting to get attention from people outside the greenhouse."

Schifcofske added: "So what? There's nothing illegal about what's going on and it's all in good fun. If the DT want to run a blatantly unscientific poll and it get skewed by the Greenhouse, where's the harm?

"I understand that we're all taking the GH nice and seriously these days, but surely that doesn't have to be at the expense of having a little fun with something like this?"

Not that it ended there. Schifcofske continued: "Besides, now someone's pushing Braith Anasta instead, and we're going to be stuck with HIM as the best footballer in the country. Much better if we hijack it for outselves."

To which Lance replied: "Can't let Anasta win. Everyone knows what to do. I am still voting a lot."

9. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Yes you can obviously get around it and vote more regularly by using other methods. But really who could be stuffed?..... Except for a select few here ;)

From CW's comment one would assume that he thought you could simply keep voting. Without using other methods to trick the system.

10. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Yeah, far more fun to needle people with banal and peurile nonsense.

11. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    works for most posters on here Mata's.

I hardly think Byso is the only one guilty of that :)

12. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    from what i have seen of canberra at canberra i have to say he should have been the NSW half back. if canberra can start to win away from canberra i rate them highly... surprisnly