Today's crowd waiting to be seen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RL Gronk said:
I stood on the hill for the first time in years yesterday. Gees they have gone to a new level with colourful language and songs up there. Dunno if I'd take my young bloke he's 12 I'm too scared the little bugger would try and join in.

Go f#%k yourself ****.

:p

bones said:
RL Gronk said:
I stood on the hill for the first time in years yesterday. Gees they have gone to a new level with colourful language and songs up there. Dunno if I'd take my young bloke he's 12 I'm too scared the little bugger would try and join in.

Go f#%k yourself Can't Understand Normal Thinking .

There one song I didn't quite understand what they were saying was refering to referee maxwell it sounded like your mothers a horse?

RL Gronk said:
bones said:
RL Gronk said:

Go f#%k yourself Can't Understand Normal Thinking .

There one song I didn't quite understand what they were saying was refering to referee maxwell it sounded like your mothers a horse?

Yes, yes it was.

Yes there was reference to horsehead Maxwells mother being a horse, not whore.

Point to note a couple of years ago we got 20K to the souffs game and that was a lot fuller than Sunday. Think we will be close again.

Duff said:
firechild said:
I got to the game before half time of the Holden Cup and still couldn't find a park in close proximity to the ground so I knew it was going to be a good crowd. Cronulla's estimate of 3000 fans was way underachieved, it would have been closer to 300. People say Manly fans don't travel but with few exceptions opposition clubs bring very few supporters to Brookie. Was a perfect afternoon for footy and no doubt having just 2 Sunday arvo games scheduled for this season at Brookie helped to motivate people to take the limited opportunity.

Ok, this time I'm not being a smart arse, it's a genuine question to all in regards to the quoted perfect day comment.

I found yesterday hot. Horribly so. I got sunburnt because I sweated my suncream out. I spent all arvo doing the Brookie salute and sqinting because of the sun. I had to wear a tshirt because it's still too hot for jerseys. Everyone stank of BO which is rather unpleasant (i'm sure I did too, it would't be fair to not return the favour).
I do agree that the quality of football is better in daytime games (generally) but for crowd comfort, i say bring on winter night games. I seem to be in the minority with regrds to this, as voted by the numbers yesterday but I think next Friday v Souffs will be much more comfortable.

What is it that people find so appealing about squinting, sunburn & bad smells? And why is it good to expose the kids to this rather than a cool, comfortable evening?

What heat or sunburn, it was chilly, the sun made it just bearable.

For those who got sunburnt I don't know if you know but Manly provide a hat with memberships.

Darren said:
We have some cracker fans everywhere. There's a few beaches fans still living at home or nana's in their thirties. One guy I used to see there was so pissed before the main game he kept forgetting where he was standing after returning from the toilet(or who knows) It was magic to watch. It would have been interesting watching him get home. Always had his wormald jumper on. Where he would have ended up on buses would have been hilarious?

Me i think

Go manly said:
Darren said:
We have some cracker fans everywhere. There's a few beaches fans still living at home or nana's in their thirties. One guy I used to see there was so pissed before the main game he kept forgetting where he was standing after returning from the toilet(or who knows) It was magic to watch. It would have been interesting watching him get home. Always had his wormald jumper on. Where he would have ended up on buses would have been hilarious?

Me i think

LOL. Hows the head ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8