Today's crowd waiting to be seen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mate, Wollongong showground was the Steelers spiritual home and look what happened. I went through this and saw what happened. How long will Penn and Surfside keep wanting to play in this 1970's stadium and make up 7 figure losses becuase our gates are not meeting the budget? We are giving games away already to survive. If we can't get 16k on a sunny Sunday arvo then why?? poor footy?? couldn't be bothered, foxtel, footy fansd have moved away replaced by union/swans locals??

I will go on record that i would love to see: Brookie updated and stay forever.!!

mozgrame said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
You never miss a beat on this one do you Darren !!

Still plenty of time for you to make the journey there as well

A bit like you with stats. ;)

You've lost me there champ !!

As I've always said, stats are like mini skirts, what they show is great, but what they hide is vital :)

If we get less than 18,000 it means the people have spoken. Manly fans clearly prefer to travel rather than having home games.

We should be playing at Homebush where we would surely get 70,000 to 80,000 every week.

No, that's Souffs or the Dogs hmmm

We do get some amazing travelling fans though. Suncorp always lookks like a home game. Well done Mark from Brissy!

Watching the under 20's on Fox, looks like a barnstormer of a day.

People that live in the area should think themselves lucky and get down to the ground.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Very jealous, had I not had something else on later this afternoon I would have flown down, not too many opportunities for Sunday games that suit me just to fly in and out in a day.

Yes Darren we get great numbers to Brisbane and Gold Coast games these days, but it's been a long hard slog to get everyone knowing where to go and where to sit, although the away supporters bays do help now.

I often wonder wether crowd demographics play a hand in supporter numbers as well. I'd suspect that a fair percentage of Manly supporters are hard working types (be it blue or white collar) and I for one honestly don't have the spare time due to work commitments to get to games.

The vs donkeys and vs Tits games are a half hour train ride or a half hour drive for me, but against the Friday night Donkeys I'm at work till 7pm, and when we played the Tits I'd pulled a 4am-6pm shift, effectively ruining my chances of getting to either game.

Then there's a case for working 6 days a week and simply needing a break: Foxtel and cold beer at home is simply more appealing than traveling to a game and dealing with traffic, crowds, limiting your beer intake (??!!!??) etc.

Perhaps this makes me a less than die-hard fan?? My hat is off to guys like Bones and Mark and the MWTS crew. I'm fully committed to my beloved Sea Eagles, but unlike a lot of people work commitment and a pair of tin lids really limit my chances to get to games :(

Good point, the other is taking a family to a game is bloody expensive, travel, parking, ticket costs food and drinks plus merchandise if you go down that track.....compare that to what I am doing this afternoon,

iPad at the ready
Cold Peroni in hand ( and more in the fridge)
Foxtel on and tuned into HD

no atmosphere but a cheap afternoon .

Personally I just love the live atmosphere so give me a live game any day, plus the interaction with other fans BUT I can see where people make choices.

Mind you what we need is for EVERYONE to be MWTS members , then you just want to go to games to catch up with mates

What another miss by the NRL. This afternoon could've been a double header in Sydney at either Allianz or Homebush. If the SCG wasn't down on capacity it would've been great to see both games played at the SCG. Promote the games all week, give away free tickets for kids, free transport with game tickets and Homebush could've seen maybe 50000 this arvo for both games and huge financial windfall for Manly and Wests.

Still it was comfortable on the mighty Hill; hot but still not sardine-like.
Great day.
I reckon there would have been no more that 300 Cronulla supporters, so the Manly crowd was very good.
With Souffs bringing a big fan base Brookie on Friday week will be 20,000 and full. May have to have an all-standing crowd on the hill that evening.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6