1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today Tele - Dragons not interested in Stewart?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Disco, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    This is probably already been posted but if so, i have missed it!

But at the end of the Beau Scott to Dragons article there is a little snippet basically saying the dragons are distancing themselves from talk of Stewart and club insiders suggest he has never been a legitimate target.

i mean all paper talk and it doesn't mean a thing but still worth a mention!

2. Joey

Joey Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Sounds too good to be true! anyone who says they're "not interested" in either Glenn or Brett are absolutely kidding themselves, as any club would love to either of them or both on their rosters.

Sounds a bit like the club has full confidence with [insert coach name here] only to find the next day he's sacked!

3. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    Also apparently Andrew Moore stated last night that the Dragons are not chasing Stewart because of his knee problems

4. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,816 / 53
    Whether it is deserved or not, both the Stewarts come with a lot of baggage. As good as they are, I think a lot of clubs will pass on them for that reason.

5. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    I'd be real nervous signing a guy wanting 500-600k a year with chronic knee problems!! As much as I love Brett, that is franchise player money and not sure if he is the KEY player. If he has another occurence you will probably write off 2012!! It's a massive dilemma for us.

6. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    The fact is the Stewarts are very high maintenance, I have said this before and it's an unpopulated view here but it's true. Most clubs will be keen on them as players but the baggage is tiresome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,845 / 192
    Thats ok bob ,we will keep the baggage and the talent that comes with the dynamic duo Stewarts .These boys were only born to play with the Mighty Sea Eagles and are not suited to any other team culture .:D

8. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    That mainly because of one media organisation, the one that defamed Brett and had to pay costs because of the filth 3 of their wannabe writers published (kent, Wilson, massoud) those have been the 3 who have bagged Brett and Glenn at every oportunity since. That Is the major reason they are seen as high maintenance.

9. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,845 / 192
    Yes Cambo the Stewart boys are very high maintenance to every oppossition defensive stradegy and Kent , Wilson and Massoud can all go and get #@&*% !!!

10. Aetna

Aetna Active Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    If the Dragons want to pay big money to sign Brett Stewart, a St.George Illawarra junior good luck to them.
    Manly supporters love him & wish we could afford him because he deserves every dollar.

Problem is Manly must resign Daly Cherry-Evans & Kieran Foran at all costs.

11. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Their 'baggage' is neatly packed with two premierships, and counting.

12. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    High maintenance in what way ? And what baggage ?

13. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Don't for one minute get me wrong these guys are two of my favorite ever players and will break my heart if they don't finish their careers at Manly.

They are absolute Manly legends.

14. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Do they come with kids and a stalker ex partner or something?

15. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I think the baggage he is alluding to is that Glenn worked as a real estate agent before he made it as a footballer, and Brett was a Parramatta fan when he was a kid. Shameful on both fronts

16. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    That's disgusting on both accounts. Reminds me of Greg the stop sign

The rich kid becomes a junkie
    The poor kid an advertiser
    What a tragic waste of potential -
    Being a junkie's not so good either.

17. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    Saints may have done us a favour showing no more interest in brett due to him being injury prone.It will make other clubs now think twice,i reckon he'll stay.

• Like Like x 1
  18. johnzac

johnzac Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think he'll stay for 2 years to coincide with Glen contract end date. His manager is just trying to get him more money and who can blame him. But after seeing Chase Stanley tonight, I think the dragons should want him.[hr]
    Sorry I meant Kyle Stanley

19. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Brett has been an absolute legend of Manly!! Good luck to him if he leaves and takes the big dough, 100 tries!! fair dinkum fans!! Yes, bad knees but a name to sit with Eadie!!

20. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    If Snake goes Loxley from Wynnum Manly more then adequate replacement.
    Was B.Slater's understudy. Don't hold that against him very good