To those of you who think last night's effort was acceptable

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Av8r

Reserve Grader
Have a think about this............
Hawthorn played the Adelaide Crows today in the second AFL Prelim final. The Hawks went into that game as the shortest priced prelim final favourites in history at $1.12 Adelaide were at $6. The margin was 39 points meaning the Hawks were expected by all and sundry to totally demolish a young Adelaide side that lost in the first week of the finals and who many experts said had over achieved this year but what these so called experts didn't factor into account was Adelaide's fighting spirit and will to win. At half time Adelaide, the rank outsiders, went into the sheds in front by five points away from home (in Melbourne) against the raging hot favourites for the title. The third quarter saw the Hawks blow the young Crows side away to lead by 16 points at three quarter time. Did Adelaide throw in the towel like many thought they would and lay down to the overwhelming Premiership favourites and get run over in the last quarter? No, they maintained their belief, stuck to their game plan struggled back into the contest and ended up getting back to within five points when the full-time siren sounded. I can tell you as a supporter of that club since it's inception twenty years ago I was a thousand times more proud of their effort than Manly's gutless and totally inept performance last night. I can accept losing but the manner in which the defending Premiers exited the competition without a whimper was pathetic!

Sumdumguy said:
Hawthorn played the Adelaide Crows today in the second AFL Prelim final. The Hawks went into that game as the shortest priced prelim final favourites in history at $1.12 Adelaide were at $6. The margin was 39 points meaning the Hawks were expected by all and sundry to totally demolish a young Adelaide side that lost in the first week of the finals and who many experts said had over achieved this year but what these so called experts didn't factor into account was Adelaide's fighting spirit and will to win. At half time Adelaide, the rank outsiders, went into the sheds in front by five points away from home (in Melbourne) against the raging hot favourites for the title. The third quarter saw the Hawks blow the young Crows side away to lead by 16 points at three quarter time. Did Adelaide throw in the towel like many thought they would and lay down to the overwhelming Premiership favourites and get run over in the last quarter? No, they maintained their belief, stuck to their game plan struggled back into the contest and ended up getting back to within five points when the full-time siren sounded. I can tell you as a supporter of that club since it's inception twenty years ago I was a thousand times more proud of their effort than Manly's gutless and totally inept performance last night. I can accept losing but the manner in which the defending Premiers exited the competition without a whimper was pathetic!
You don't really understand sport very well, do you? Manly's performance gutless? Unforced errors cruelled them, but how does that make them gutless?

It seems you support your team if they lose narrowly but not if they are blown off the park. So I take it you also refused to accept Manly's performances in the 2007 grand final and the 2009 semi. Or maybe you think they were gutless in 2007, found some heart in 2008, then were gutless again in 2009? Maybe you think Storm were gutless in 2008? Hmm, I see …

Do you seriously think the very same players who won the comp last year suddenly turned gutless on Friday night?

If only they had some of your own outstanding qualities, eh? Oh well, you don't have to support them, but I do and they don't deserve your insults.

Sumdumguy said:
I can accept losing but the manner in which the defending Premiers exited the competition without a whimper was pathetic!

What a load of rubbish. Perhaps time you try another sport to follow.

It was not acceptable but it happens in sport. Who knows why we were so bad but it's time to move on.

What a ridiculous display of self entitlement

Go somewhere else and cry over your spilt milk

I feel the players had just had enough.They had to start a few weeks earlier than the other teams in our comp(going to England to play against a club that already had played 2 competition rounds).We started pre season later than the others so we didn't have the same time to prepare.We had many injuries and suspensions and many players were playing out of position.Every game we played the other teams wanted to beat us because we were the premiers.In the end it just took a toll on our players and on Friday night they just had nothing left to give.With a good break they can start a new and be the MANLY THAT WE KNOW.

Sumdumguy said:

It was more the Hawks kicking badly more than Adelaide playing well. Had the Hawks kicked truly there would have been no scoreboard pressure that kept Adelaide in the game, believing they were a chance, and the Hawks would have won by 50.

Now that I've had a chance to calm down, sober up and watch the replay I can't justify calling the boys' effort gutless. It was a diabolical display in many areas but they were putting in defensively for the most part and just lost their composure when they had the ball. Just one of those nights where nothing went right. I guess I was frustrated with the result and disappointed they went out the way they did. Coupled with the Crows' performance who were rank outsiders and nearly beat the overwhelming Premiership favourites it got me going. It's in the past now and I'm looking forward to the 2013 season and hopefully I remember not to post pissed. Either that or implement a 72 hour self ban after a loss.

Nothing wrong with owning up to an error in judgement - this place would be much richer if more had the guts to do it (myself included)

Sumdumguy said:
Now that I've had a chance to calm down, sober up and watch the replay I can't justify calling the boys' effort gutless. It was a diabolical display in many areas but they were putting in defensively for the most part and just lost their composure when they had the ball. Just one of those nights where nothing went right. I guess I was frustrated with the result and disappointed they went out the way they did. Coupled with the Crows' performance who were rank outsiders and nearly beat the overwhelming Premiership favourites it got me going. It's in the past now and I'm looking forward to the 2013 season and hopefully I remember not to post pissed. Either that or implement a 72 hour self ban after a loss.

Good call, well done for posting again.

I know I would have been much more disheartened/disappointed had I been in Melbourne watching at the ground.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6