To the so-called "Family" club - you're kidding aren't you?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
News today that the increasingly desperate Bulldogs are offering $750,000 for Hasler's services, and also a suggestion they're after Crusher Cleal.  Let's just break this down to see why no manner of filthy Bulldog lucre would be enough to lure Des across the their smelly midden of a kennel.  Here's five reasons why he'd be mad to even consider it:

Read the full article

Matabele said:
News today that the increasingly desperate Bulldogs are offering $750,000 for Hasler's services, and also a suggestion they're after Crusher Cleal.  Let's just break this down to see why no manner of filthy Bulldog lucre would be enough to lure Des across the their smelly midden of a kennel.  Here's five reasons why he'd be mad to even consider it:

Read the full article

Suck it up it was alright when you had the money now not so good, stick to farming you old Rhodesian:cool: and don't forget Des played for the magpies. I have to say I'd be pissed at Des as he did say when he got the job he was never going to be a career coach now he seems every bit one

Matabele said:

Read the full article
Gee Mata,for once I have to agree with everything you have said

Great read Mata, the only disappointment for me is that we have to suffer the idiotic ramblings of Fstokes in reply.

Will someone not ban this troll?

Latest from titter - the Dogs are no chance, Des is using them to pump up his price as he finalises a huge deal with ... the Sharks! Manly will have John Lang, Jason Taylor will be his assistant because Manly officials believe when John dozes off Jason can wake him with a swift karate kick. All this from a reliable sauce.
:)

master blaster said:
Matabele said:

Read the full article
Gee Mata,for once I have to agree with everything you have said

Only because of salary cap pressures at Manly.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Latest from titter - the Dogs are no chance, Des is using them to pump up his price as he finalises a huge deal with ... the Sharks! Manly will have John Lang, Jason Taylor will be his assistant because Manly officials believe when John dozes off Jason can wake him with a swift karate kick. All this from a reliable sauce.

People might dislike me for this, but Taylor would make a good assistant coach IMHO.

If you are so full on wanting Des at your ****hole of a club, maybe you should change your username to Hdeasler, and get over Steve " Sonny wouldn't listen to me " Folkes. Like most of your clubs great men, he's gonski. That's all Folkes.

P.S I'm not sure if i spelt Folkes right because i couldn't be fkd checking. It was enough to give him a capital F.

mozgrame said:
If you are so full on wanting Des at your ****hole of a club, maybe you should change your username to Hdeasler, and get over Steve " Sonny wouldn't listen to me " Folkes. Like most of your clubs great men, he's gonski. That's all Folkes.

P.S I'm not sure if i spelt Folkes right because i couldn't be fkd checking. It was enough to give him a capital F.

He has been doing a good job helping out with Asquith recently, they were runners up after all...

Personally I think he may of found his level, ie. assisting a coach of a local side.

I agree with all your points Mata (although maybe you were a bit harsh singling out Barba), but should we really be fueling all this talk on our own fan site the day before the GF???

Point 5 is the challenge for Des, over and above any monetary incentive. If he takes Crusher with him and they turn the Dogs around in 3 or 4 years then they can prove to themselves that they didn't just get "lucky" at Manly. Des doesn't strike me as someone who likes to just cruise along in the comfort zone.

Rusty said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

People might dislike me for this, but Taylor would make a good assistant coach IMHO.
That is a very good point.
Plus, I just had an idea. TC why don't you offer to coach the Dogs? That would solve everybody's problems.

What comfort is there in coaching one of the poorest clubs of which you are a part of the fabric and they a part of your soul?

Fstokes said:
Matabele said:

Read the full article

Suck it up it was alright when you had the money now not so good, stick to farming you old Rhodesian:cool: and don't forget Des played for the magpies. I have to say I'd be pissed at Des as he did say when he got the job he was never going to be a career coach now he seems every bit one

Even at the height of our financial powers we never paid overs to attract or retain players. The intangible benefits of living in and playing with Manly far outweighed the financial incentives of being a mercenary with clubs of the ilk of the Bulldogs, particularly since they surrendered their soul from the white-bread battler to the immigrant hordes the battlers so fear.

Given the choice of representing a club of success on the northern beaches versus driving west along the potholed wasteland of Parramatta Road, who would take the latter.

[/quote]

Even at the height of our financial powers we never paid overs to attract or retain players. The intangible benefits of living in and playing with Manly far outweighed the financial incentives of being a mercenary with clubs of the ilk of the Bulldogs, particularly since they surrendered their soul from the white-bread battler to the immigrant hordes the battlers so fear.

Given the choice of representing a club of success on the northern beaches versus driving west along the potholed wasteland of Parramatta Road, who would take the latter.

[/quote]

I'll just name 2 as I haven't got all day Ray Brown and Craig Field never paid overs hey yeah right. I don't and didn't blame the club that's the game but I find it so funny now the shoe is on the other foot. To me the bigger loss will be crusher as when you have no money you need a talent manager like him to keep the young players coming. I say in 2 years the club will relocate to the central coast full time to survive financially. That will kill 2 birds with 1 stone and finally put to an end the bears

Everyone panicked and thought it was the end of the club when Bozo took the big dollars to the Rorters. Same when we didn't offer Vautin another contract and so on. We survived the N.E disaster and came back from the brink of extinction. This club wont ever die and even if Des and a few others go we will simply start again,rebuild with whoever is left and work our way back up to our rightful place at the top of the tree. Soleless places like Falafel land will never be able to buy what this club has. They sold their sole when they backstabbed club greats like the Hughes,Mortimers and Moores.Now they want to transplant it from another club. It wont work and whatever short term success they may have will never last like this place has for the past 8 decades.

If DES does go it wont really be about the money. Manly have done extremely well on the field despite the **** fight and amateur hour off it. Manly like all clubs have had internal issues but the leaking of thiese details to the press has been utter crap.

Im still to understand why quantum would wish to be a part owner of the club they essentially will never be able to sell.Any tax implications could have been equally realised by sponsorship

The penns and delmege fued was bad but some of the stuff that made the papers about it was inexcusable

The upgrade of brookie petition that if you listen to the council as late as last year had never even seen an application for funding. If true thats like dreaming of winning lotto without buying a ticket

Des has been great, the money is great but if he goes it will not be about the doggies, there culture or wallet , it will be a reflection of manly and how they have handled themselves off the field

Gee i hope he stays. There is a lot more on the line that a great coach i reckon. Manly will lose respect and culture if he goes

I think the worst thing that may happen if Des goes is the pulling power he has over our players, he could take who ever he wants away from us ! But honestly why would you go, if we bump up the price of his current contract it should be ok. Hes already running our club, hes manlys culture and future, hes got the 2 best up and coming halves in the world, possibly the best club team in the world ! why would you let all that friendship and comradery go to head to Belmore where they **** on their own !

At the risk of speaking too soon with 10 mins to go, but Geelong lost their premiership coach, Mark Thompson to Essendon and yet they have managed to carry on and still be successful without him. They even lost their star player Gary Ablett.

If Des does choose to go it won't be the end of the world.

Everything Des had built will not suddenly collapse without him. Tooves will step up and carry things on.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6