To the Crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Another great performance to all supporters who turned up at ANZ on Saturday night.

No longer are we the team of supporters who won't travel past the Spit Bridge!

Following the HUGE effort in Bris-Vegas, ANZ proved a happy & welcome ground for our supporters to visit. We heard the chants clearly over the tv and we saw plenty of camera pans over what appeared to be a good contingent of the Maroon & White Army.

Thanks for the support.

Heard mwts loud and proud

Saw the two traveling drinkers bonesy n jonesy you blokes are on tv that much you need your own agents

Great support from the MWTS......get on board folks it's an army you just have to be in!!

But you have to agree WAMF the numbers are growing...ever so slowly people are starting to realise that their experience can be enhanced by being a part of the MWTS.....yeah I know it's not for everyone (TC that one's for you) and it's got nothing to do with being a "true supporter" but it's just a special experience sitting amongst the tragics and cheering the boys on...doesn't always work (ie Melbourne and Townsville) but when it clicks (Shark Park / Gold Coast / Brisbane / ANZ) there's just nothing like it!!

It's bloody great to see and hear. I commented on this to my mate that was over last night.

You guys are doing a great job.

Mark, you're right with the great atmosphere in Brisbane. But I thought the Melbourne and Townsville trips were still good, although lower key. With the Townsville group effort, the problem was the position the Cowgirls gave us. Up in the stand in the corner didn't lead to much noise over the Girls bogan fans. And a loss leads one to be on a downer for a while. Even with that, it was a heartily enjoyable time and the bonding of fans around a team is really what it's all about. What is also good about the MWTS group is the crowd recognition. When one goes to games you can talk the talk with people you recognize and know to some extent from these trips. All good.

Anyone know what the arguement was about last night? Saw a lot of security show up but pretty much left us alone after a group of the Dogs fans left. Must have bn in the 60th minute, or thereabouts.

I think you answered your own quesiton, it was some dogs fans causing issue as they were leaving early. Some chick flipped off a manly fan then her tough as boyfriend stepped in and was swarmed by cops. Was funny as.

Last night was the first night I sat with the MWTS (only 2nd half - sat with dogs friends 1st half) and I had a ball. My sign got on TV, I met some new friends.. I plan on standing on the hill for the first time next weekend and I cannot wait.

Daniel said:
It's bloody great to see and hear. I commented on this to my mate that was over last night.

You guys are doing a great job.

Something is working that's for sure!!

manlyforever08 said:
Last night was the first night I sat with the MWTS (only 2nd half - sat with dogs friends 1st half) and I had a ball. My sign got on TV, I met some new friends.. I plan on standing on the hill for the first time next weekend and I cannot wait.

Chicks rule (told you didn't I it's where you should always be)!!

DSM5 said:
Mark, you're right with the great atmosphere in Brisbane. But I thought the Melbourne and Townsville trips were still good, although lower key. With the Townsville group effort, the problem was the position the Cowgirls gave us. Up in the stand in the corner didn't lead to much noise over the Girls bogan fans. And a loss leads one to be on a downer for a while. Even with that, it was a heartily enjoyable time and the bonding of fans around a team is really what it's all about. What is also good about the MWTS group is the crowd recognition. When one goes to games you can talk the talk with people you recognize and know to some extent from these trips. All good.

You are dead right mate, Melbourne we had the numbers but not the result....Dairy Farmers....low numbers and crap position.....we do try and get the best BUT when you are in the hands of the opposition (as we generally are) you plead the case for better seats but it rarely works.Regardless your comments about knowing people is what it's all about....some of the MWTS have been "together" now for 4 or 5 years and the ones that shared that special bond that was WCC in 2009 are the closest. The 2010 trip to NZ was an absolute ripper as well, and the 65 that travelled together, stayed together and certainly played together for 4 days also share a close bond.

BUT it's not always about "away trips" it's just as important that we are together at Shark Park / Kogarah etc etc.

As you say it's "all good"

Mark from Brisbane said:
BUT it's not always about "away trips" it's just as important that we are together at Shark Park / Kogarah etc etc.

Do all the guys get together at Brooky games? If so, where? I know you are a busy man Mark, but is it possible to get something on where the MWTS will be at every game. There are lots of times where I want to go to a game yet don't have anybody to go with so inevitably I don't go.

I have a special bond with the 2010 NZ trip but alas I forgotten it due to, to much alcohol consumption.

Just kidding it was a great time.

The 2011 WCC is going to be great !

eagleE said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Do all the guys get together at Brooky games? If so, where? I know you are a busy man Mark, but is it possible to get something on where the MWTS will be at every game. There are lots of times where I want to go to a game yet don't have anybody to go with so inevitably I don't go.

Yeah mate, on the middle of the hill either side of the beer shed.

Vidmar & a smaller group stand on the southern side of the shed (riling up the opposition supporters) whereas there is a larger group of us on the north side with the drum, banners & all the chants.

Look for the

"Push it Up Manly" sign....or the "No Ones Likes us we don't care" sign.....and stand with either group.....your game day experience will be instantly enhanced.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Look for the

"Push it Up Manly" sign....or the "No Ones Likes us we don't care" sign.....and stand with either group.....your game day experience will be instantly enhanced.

You forgot to mention,mark,that we are all teetotallers on the hill.We only drink soft drink before,during,and after the game.

ayjay007 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Look for the

You forgot to mention,mark,that we are all teetotallers on the hill.We only drink soft drink before,during,and after the game.

Yeah...and no swearing ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7