To Peter Bryant, Phil Deans and Bob Reilly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rusty

May I suggest you either e-mail or talk to one of the Football Club board members.

If you haven't you are taking just Grant's words as fact....it's one side of the story!!

I am a HUGE Grant fan, I in fact sat next to him for 30 mins last Saturday night and had a real heart to heart!!

BUT

He's a master of politics as well, and has used the current situation "politically" these last few months.

All I say is make a balanced view after talking to people NOT listening or reading other peoples views!!

Rusty link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=180766.msg228005#msg228005 date=1245303956]
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=180766.msg227989#msg227989 date=1245302549]
There seems to be a whole heap of apathy around here. I am not a football club member so can do very little...
2 + 2 = ?? ah, too complicated for me.
[/quote]

Before you insult me have a think about what you are saying.

I am not a football club member does not mean I am doing nothing, nor does it mean I am apathetic. It simply means that I never knew I needed to be a football club member until it was too late.

Trust me when I say now that I know I will be becoming a FC member ASAP and then when the two year wait is up then I will have a say.

Lack of knowledge (My failing) is different to lack of effort. (What I am warning against.)
[/quote]
Well I had not thought of that, so any offence is regretted. (It did sound funny though..)
I applaud you for your plan to join, the more members the better I say, especially if they are prepared to discuss their views.

Be gobsmacked all you want SER.

The 5-2 vote was because Grant had not done a 3 year plan.

That was done and he never got to present it and they never got to vote (as far as I know and I am still waiting from anyone here that has better inside knowledge to confirm otherwise)

My information is that the FC were happy with the plan and I can only assume would have ratified that when they sat down to vote.

Grant was told by one of the 7 (leave you to work out which one) not to bother coming...that has been well documented in the press.

BUT before you shaft these guys get your facts straight!!!!

DSM5 link said:
Pay 25 bucks and go to the game on Sunday, then take a cold shower.  

I find this offensive.

Why should my support of the team be questioned because I feel that a wrong has been done and should be at least questioned?

As I posted elsewhere I will be at the game, as I almost always am, and I am not about to jump ship because a CEO has been canned, but I am annoyed at how it has happened and frankly I make no apology for that.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=180766.msg228010#msg228010 date=1245304509]
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=180766.msg228005#msg228005 date=1245303956]
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=180766.msg227989#msg227989 date=1245302549]
There seems to be a whole heap of apathy around here. I am not a football club member so can do very little...
2 + 2 = ?? ah, too complicated for me.
[/quote]

Before you insult me have a think about what you are saying.

I am not a football club member does not mean I am doing nothing, nor does it mean I am apathetic. It simply means that I never knew I needed to be a football club member until it was too late.

Trust me when I say now that I know I will be becoming a FC member ASAP and then when the two year wait is up then I will have a say.

Lack of knowledge (My failing) is different to lack of effort. (What I am warning against.)
[/quote]
Well I had not thought of that, so any offence is regretted. (It did sound funny though..)
I applaud you for your plan to join, the more members the better I say, especially if they are prepared to discuss their views.
[/quote]

Nah no offense.  :)

People find me odd sometimes. The truth is I have always been passionate about few things, but I make up for it by being extra passionate when I am. So a little vented passion, but no offense taken.

Good, because I was going to add that you certainly are quick to take offence and feel insulted - for someone whose opening gambit was to generally accuse others here of 'apathy'  :)

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Rusty

May I suggest you either e-mail or talk to one of the Football Club board members.

If you haven't you are taking just Grant's words as fact....it's one side of the story!!

I am a HUGE Grant fan, I in fact sat next to him for 30 mins last Saturday night and had a real heart to heart!!

BUT

He's a master of politics as well, and has used the current situation \"politically\" these last few months.

All I say is make a balanced view after talking to people NOT listening or reading other peoples views!!

Thats fine, (And good advice btw.) and perhaps I am a little off target then, but what is the harm in having and EAGM where the board members are asked to be accountable then? By all means don't sack them without hearing an explanation, but demand and explanation none-the-less.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Good, because I was going to add that you certainly are quick to take offence and feel insulted - for someone whose opening gambit was to generally accuse others here of 'apathy'  :)

Fair call, heat of the moment and all that.  ;)

Perhaps Apathy was an ill chosen word, I am just failing to understand the harm in members seeking some form of accountability on this issue.

We shall find out a lot about Grant Mayer and his word later on in the year, and if he lands in the Parramatta seat or not.

At the moment put me in the 'apathy' column, and as 1 looking forward to watching 17 blokes run out in Maroon and White this sunday where the CEO plays absolutely no part between the white lines

Kiwi Eagle link said:
We shall find out a lot about Grant Mayer and his word later on in the year, and if he lands in the Parramatta seat or not.

At the moment put me in the 'apathy' column, and as 1 looking forward to watching 17 blokes run out in Maroon and White this sunday where the CEO plays absolutely no part between the white lines

On Sunday we will all be in the same boat.  In fact all this crap just makes me want to be there more, still I am just slightly worried, the team have not been great at dealing with off field dramas thus far this year. Hopefully with the news that Foran will play we might get to see some exciting youthful football out there.

Yep, Foran is the news of the week for me, he may be the future of this club, rightly or wrongly, Mayer is now the past.

Thanks Kiwi

Have to think if he goes well could impact on the Orford situation

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=180766.msg227991#msg227991 date=1245303034]

I await someone's MORE informed information than mine.

Mata will be along any second lol
[/quote]  I've been resigned to him going for quite a while.  He was in an intolerable situation and can probably name his price elsewhere, why would he stay?

Pyrrhic victory for Max and the bloke sacked by Wilson.

DSM5 link said:
Relax Gronk.  The Owls aren't what they seem. 

Can I second this reply to Gronk - they are definetly not what they seem.  Don't believe all you read.  I Haven't heard that statement since the good old David Lynch series Twin Peaks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6