To Peter Bryant, Phil Deans and Bob Reilly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Gronk

Bencher
To those board members Peter Bryant, Phil Deans and Bob Reilly,

Well, I hope the sandwiches taste good. 

You have made it clear that a free feed at half time is more important to you than the short term success and long term viability of the club. 

You took sides in a political bunfight rather than putting the interests of the club first.  I won’t forget it and neither will most people. 

And Peter, don’t ever try to run for parliament on the north side of Sydney, because if you do there will be a flyer with your face and “I sold out the Sea Eagles” written under it in every letter box. 

Lets get the facts correct first, at least one of that trio sits just near me in the JT stand for every Manly home game and I have never seen him eat sandwiches, free or otherwise.

guys i understand your emotions but lets not lower ourselves to that level.

Lets follow the process and ask our question in the correct arena.

Correct Cam, this is garbage!!

Fine to ask questions or to make comments based on INFORMED knowledge is fine BUT to slag off at people based on hearsay is absolutly unacceptable!!!

Corso_Pete link said:
Lets get the facts correct first, at least one of that trio sits just near me in the JT stand for every Manly home game and I have seen him eat sandwiches, free or otherwise.

Should that read "Never" eat Sandwiches Pete....?

Maybe he has but you haven't seen him or he pulls them out from his coat when you aren't looking....I didn't see either Peter Bryant or Bob Reilly eating at the Gold Coast function....Hmmmm...weird, It didn't strike me as strange at the time as I was also struggling to get to the young ladies with the trays of food.....maybe it was an omen that they were cleaning up their act and saving the club money by fasting....trying to lull us in to a false sense of security whilst all the while plotting the downfall of the club?

Perhaps the whole Dennis Fitzgerald thing is part of a cunning master plan to get all of our senior administrators over there, merge with the Sharks - The self inflicted black eye by the inside operative "Black widow" was a master stroke to get rid of TZ and the "I'd like to give you like my insurance" sting - Classic masterpiece of a con trick! - They can then buy Manly for a pittance with the money on offer from the NRL and move to Gosford and become a super power with free sandwiches for all ("and would you like lurks and perks with that?")....Max and Scott will shake hands, hug and kiss and say "Gotcha everyone!' and my oh my! we will all have a good ole larf at how tricky those guys were and how gullible we are......

ffs considering most of these whiners have no idea how Grant conducted busines, there's a lot of tears.

byso link said:
ffs considering most of these whiners have no idea how Grant conducted busines, there's a lot of tears.

Agree BYSO that most of us don't know how he operated but I am swayed by the fact that Des had his total support which is good enough for me. 

In Des we trust not the likes of the board members. 

Des has publicly stated his support for Grant so why don't they take any notice of him.  Afterall he is probably the most important person in this club. 

I agree with Tookey. Des was happy.. We won a comp and in England.. and finances are good and major sponsors.. what is there to know about what he done. Whatever he did was successful on and off the park

There seems to be a whole heap of apathy around here. I am not a football club member so can do very little, but for those who are to say that they should wait any longer seems misguided to say the least.

What do you want to happen before you act?

Here are the facts :

Mayer by measures appropriate to his role was a successful CEO. (Without knowing the directors of BHP I can tell if they are doing a good job or not, based upon their performance.) He was certainly popular among fans and members of  the FC.

Penn supported Mayer. (2 Votes)

Delmege did not support Mayer. (2 Votes)

Result : The three remaining votes decided Grants future.  (1 from the Leagues Club and 2 from the Football Club.)

If you don't like the result then it is clear who is to blame, don't give me this 'we are not close to the action so we can't tell if any thing wrong has happened" nonsense.

Mayer was well liked and successful, if the FC and LC reps had been acting as representatives of the members and not of Delmege, Mayer would still be CEO, the fact that he is not DEMANDS accountability.

These directors did not represent the people they were elected to represent, nor did they put the members wishes and best interests first, we should be told why, and then they should be replaced with people who will.

BUT....DID the Football Club vote again to get rid of Grant???????

The voted ONCE not to renew Grant's contract when he refused to give a 3 year plan to the board.

That was 3 months ago.

To my knowledge there has NEVER been another vote.

My understanding is that had it been taken to a vote this time the vote would have been 5-2 THE OTHER way!!!!!!!

That never happend because Grant pulled the pin!!!

If anyone can confirm the opposite to this let us all know?????????

This may well be Grant not being able to hack a divided boardroom BUT is that the fault of the three people mentioned above???????

I await someone's MORE informed information than mine.

Let the sainted man go and support the team.  Go Manly.  We have a game this weekend and it should be all about that.  Tearers and wimps can wring their hands but the game goes on.  CEOs come and go.  Stay focused and we'll make the eight.  Now about that game on Sunday..... 

Mark from Brisbane link said:
...My understanding is that had it been taken to a vote this time the vote would have been 5-2 THE OTHER way!!!!!!!
Well that is interesting and certainly takes me by surprise. What a turnaround! Such a pity Grant did not realise - or maybe he did but still resigned to give the club "time to heal". Quite bizarre - Gob-smack me again!

How many applauds can I give you DSM???

Bloody thing only let me do it once...I want to hit the button 100 times for you!!!

Rusty link said:
There seems to be a whole heap of apathy around here. I am not a football club member so can do very little...
2 + 2 = ?? ah, too complicated for me.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
BUT....DID the Football Club vote again to get rid of Grant???????

The voted ONCE not to renew Grant's contract when he refused to give a 3 year plan to the board.

That was 3 months ago.

To my knowledge there has NEVER been another vote.

My understanding is that had it been taken to a vote this time the vote would have been 5-2 THE OTHER way!!!!!!!

That never happend because Grant pulled the pin!!!

If anyone can confirm the opposite to this let us all know?????????

This may well be Grant not being able to hack a divided boardroom BUT is that the fault of the three people mentioned above???????

I await someone's MORE informed information than mine.

He 'hacked' a divided board room for a long time my friend. That does appear to be the issue here in the end, how long would you work under those conditions? The accountability falls evenly across all board members, but since nothing can be done about the 4 votes belonging to Penn and Delmege then surely the FC and LC reps should be asked to explain why they didn't provide support to the clubs CEO.

And I didn't say that the FC reps voted against him (AGAIN) rather that it is clear he didn't have their support, if like you say it was going to be a 5-2 vote the other way he would still be there.

He is on record saying this - "Five board members decided I wasn't the man for the job and they made it quite clear they believe the organisation needs a change. I'm still not sure on what basis they've made this decision but I've no option but to accept five beats two every time."

All I am saying is if you are a FC member and you dont like the fact that Mayer is gone then you should ask the two people who's support or lack of support was vital why they were instrumental in causing this to happen.

Do you feel like your views were represented by the current board?

Yes - Then do nothing.
Not sure - Then ask for a board explanation.
No - Then hold a EAGM and replace the board.

Don't wait for more informed people to come along, call a board meeting and hear the other side if that is your want. As a fan who effectively has no say all I want if for those who do, to not waste theirs doing nothing.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=180766.msg227989#msg227989 date=1245302549]
There seems to be a whole heap of apathy around here. I am not a football club member so can do very little...
2 + 2 = ?? ah, too complicated for me.
[/quote]

Before you insult me have a think about what you are saying.

I am not a football club member does not mean I am doing nothing, nor does it mean I am apathetic. It simply means that I never knew I needed to be a football club member until it was too late.

Trust me when I say now that I know I will be becoming a FC member ASAP and then when the two year wait is up then I will have a say.

Lack of knowledge (My failing) is different to lack of effort. (What I am warning against.)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4